Yamaha YZF-R1 For Sale
Insurance Costs: 10 of 10
Current Prices: £4,200–£3,000
What Is It?
The Yamaha YZF-R1 is a dedicated sports bike and is powered by a liquid cooled 998 cc inline four cylinder engine, producing 172 bhp at 12,500 rpm and maximum torque at 10,500 rpm.
- Aluminium frame and swingarm
- Dual 320 mm discs up front with four piston calipers
- 220 mm disc at the rear with Nissin single piston caliper
- Adjustable 43 mm KYB upside down fork with 120 mm travel
- Adjustable rear shock with 130 mm travel
- 4->2 exhaust system
- 6 speed gearbox, LED tail light
Compared to the 1998-2003 model there's a slimmer tank, slimmer but more rigid frame, re-designed bodywork, a steering damper, dual underseat Titanium mufflers, a 1:1 power to dry weight ratio, 20 bhp more power, new ram air system which adds 8 bhp, new wheel design, larger front discs, 1 litre more fuel capacity, a 20 mm higher seat and 5 kg shaved off the weight.
The 5-spoke 17" wheels take a 120/70 tyre at the front and 190/50 at the rear.
- 2004: Blue/silver/black, red/black, white/grey/black
- 2005: Black/grey, blue/white, black/red
- 2006: Blue/black/silver, black, yellow/white/black, red/yellow (50th), black/gunsmoke with gold accent (SP)
2006: Tweaked longer swingarm shifts weight forward, new wheel design, outer fork tubes are now gold coloured and power increased slightly to 175 bhp with shorter intake valves.
Limited edition black/gold SP model with Ohlins suspension, slipper clutch and 400 gram lighter Marchesini forged Aluminium wheels. Only 500 will be produced for Europe.
Did You Know?
The 2005 Black Eyed Peas music video My Humps features an R1.
Review In A Few
- Usable power, handling, fast, looks, build quality, wheelies
- Suspension, gets hot in traffic, budget for a power commander
Capacity: 998 cc (high)
Power: 172 bhp / 128 kW (very high)
Red Line: 13,750 rpm (very high)
Top Speed: 189 mph / 304 km/h (very high)
Economy: 40 mpg / 7.1 L/100km (average)
Range: 160 miles / 257 km (high)
Fuel Capacity: 18.0 litres / 4.0 gallons (high)
Seat Height: 835 mm / 32.9 inches (average)
Wet Weight: 185 kg / 408 pounds (average)
Dry Weight: 172 kg / 379 pounds
Launch RRP: £9,400
Something wrong? Let us know.
Create An Alert
Pop in your email address for updates when we see new similar adverts for sale:
- It's super easy to cancel it with just one click.
- Your email will only be used for these alerts.
- You can have one active alert at any one time.
- The alert will time out after 30 days.
Sell Your Bike
Pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation from WeWantYourMotorbike and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours:
Popularity & How Many Left
|Year||On The Road||Off The Road||Total||For Sale|
|2004||771||643||1,414||350 / month|
|2005||620||484||1,104||220 / month|
|2006||375||310||685||290 / month|