Yamaha YZF-R1 For Sale
The 2004 Yamaha YZF-R1 is a dedicated sports bike and is powered by a 998cc inline four engine which puts out 172bhp. It was originally launched in 1998 with updates in 2007, 2009, 2012, 2015 and 2020.
Pros / Cons
- Usable power, handling, fast, looks, build quality, wheelies
- Suspension, gets hot in traffic, budget for a power commander
What Is It?
It's powered by a liquid cooled 998cc inline four cylinder engine, producing 172bhp at 12,500rpm and maximum torque at 10,500rpm.
- Aluminium frame and swingarm
- Dual 320mm discs up front with 2 piston calipers
- 220mm disc at the rear with Nissin single piston caliper
- Adjustable 43mm KYB upside down fork with 120mm travel
- Adjustable rear shock with 130mm travel
- 4->2 exhaust system
- 6 speed gearbox, LED tail light
Compared to the 1998-2003 model there's a slimmer tank, slimmer but more rigid frame, re-designed bodywork, a steering damper, dual underseat Titanium mufflers, a 1:1 power to dry weight ratio, 20 bhp more power, new ram air system which adds 8 bhp, new wheel design, larger front discs, 1 litre more fuel capacity, a 20mm higher seat and 5kg shaved off the weight.
The 5-spoke 17" wheels take a 120/70 tyre at the front and 190/50 at the rear.
- 2004: Blue/silver/black, red/black, white/grey/black
- 2005: Black/grey, blue/white, black/red
- 2006: Blue/black/silver, black, yellow/white/black, red/yellow (50th), black/gunsmoke with gold accent (SP)
2006: Tweaked longer swingarm shifts weight forward, new wheel design, outer fork tubes are now gold coloured and power increased slightly to 175bhp with shorter intake valves.
Limited edition black/gold SP model with Ohlins suspension, slipper clutch and 400g lighter Marchesini forged Aluminium wheels. Only 500 will be produced for Europe.
Did You Know?
The 2005 Black Eyed Peas music video My Humps features an R1.
Something wrong? Let us know.
Bikes for Sale (25)
- 1 of 9
Sell Your Bike
Pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation from WeWantYourMotorbike and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours:
Popularity / How Many Left
|Year||On The Road||Off The Road||Total||For Sale|
|2004||771||643||1414||260 / month|
|2005||620||484||1104||260 / month|
|2006||375||310||685||180 / month|
Stats include those licenced for use on the road and those off the road with a SORN, by year of production. Source: DVLA
If you know the registration number / VRM you can check the current tax state using Gov.uk
Parts & Accessories
|Use the code thebikemarket at the checkout for a cheeky little discount!|