Yamaha MT-10 For Sale
What Is It?
The Yamaha MT-10 is a premium naked bike and is powered by a liquid cooled 998 cc crossplane inline four engine, producing 158.2 bhp at 11,500 rpm and maximum torque at 9,000 rpm.
- Aluminium frame derived from the R1 but with steel sub-frame
- Dual 320 mm discs up front with radial four piston calipers
- Rear 220 mm disc with two piston caliper
- Adjustable 43 mm KYB upside down fork with 120 mm travel
- Adjustable rear KYB shock with 120 mm travel
- Slipper clutch
- 3 level traction control and ABS
- 3 riding modes, changeable on the move
- LED lighting all round
- 12V outlet in the dash
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
The engine differs from the R1 in having Steel connecting rods instead of Titanium, a different fuel injection system and the crankshaft has higher inertia to cope with the torque. It's more about low to mid range torque and power than the R1.
It's not quite an R1 minus the fairing though. The dashboard is only LCD unlike the fancy dash of the R1, it doesn't have the 3-axis IMU tracking tech, the exhaust system is Steel rather than Titanium and in a similar vein the fuel tank is Steel rather than Aluminium.
However the MT-10 does get cruise control over the R1 which can be used in gears 4-6 at 30-110 mph. The 17" 5-spoke wheels take a Bridgestone Battlax Hypersport 120/70 tyre at the front and 190/55 at the rear.
Accessories include the Akrapovic exhaust, quickshifter, screen, heated grips, side mounted semi-hard cases and comfort seat.
- 2016-2018: Black with yellow wheels, black/blue with blue wheels, black with red front disc mounts, white with red wheels (2019)
- 2020: Black, blue, white
MT stands for Masters of Torque.
2017: New quickshifter system and engine mapping updated to be a bit smoother.
£11,650 Tourer edition gets you a tall screen, hand guards, comfort seat, GPS mount and soft ABS panniers.
£13,400 MT-10 SP launched with Ohlins electronic suspension, TFT dash and special colour scheme.
Review In A Few
- Good wind protection
- Excellent engine
- Loads of power
- Headlights don't both do high / low beam
- On the thirsty side
Launch RRP: £10,000
Capacity: 998 cc (high)
Power: 158 bhp / 118 kW (very high)
Red Line: 12,000 rpm (high)
Top Speed: 150 mph / 241 km/h (very high)
Economy: 35 mpg / 8.1 L/100km (poor)
Range: 130 miles / 209 km (average)
Fuel Capacity: 17.0 litres / 3.7 gallons (high)
Seat Height: 825 mm / 32.5 inches (average)
Wet Weight: 210 kg / 463 pounds (heavy)
Dry Weight: 190 kg / 419 pounds
Power to Weight: 0.752 bhp/kg / 0.561 kW/kg
Check out this video review from CagerOnTwoWheels.
Sell Your Bike
Simply pop in the reg number to get a same day valuation from We Want Your Motorbike:
Parts & Accessories
Popularity & How Many Left