Yamaha MT-10 For Sale
The Yamaha MT-10 is a premium naked bike and is powered by a de-tuned 998cc inline four engine from the flagship R1 which puts out 158bhp.
- Good wind protection, excellent engine
- Headlights don't both do high/low beam, on the thirsty side
What Is It?
It's powered by a liquid cooled 998cc crossplane inline 4 cylinder engine, producing 158.2bhp at 11,500rpm and maximum torque at 9,000rpm.
- Aluminium frame derived from the R1 but with steel sub-frame
- Dual 320mm discs up front with radial mount 2 piston calipers
- Rear 220mm disc with 2 piston caliper
- Adjustable 43mm KYB upside down fork with 120mm travel
- Adjustable rear KYB shock with 120mm travel
- Slipper clutch
- 3 level traction control and ABS
- 3 riding modes, changeable on the move
- LED headlights, indicators and rear light
- 12V DC outlet in the dash (powers optional heated grips)
- 6 speed constant mesh gearbox
The engine differs from the R1 in having steel connecting rods instead of Titanium, a different fuel injection system and the crankshaft has higher inertia to cope with the torque. It produces 160bhp at 11,500rpm and reaches peak torque at 9,000rpm, so it's more about low-mid range torque and power than the R1 (check the pics for the diagram). The air intake is also different and something about it makes us think VMAX crossed with Transformers and Terminator Salvation (in black obviously).
It's not quite an R1 minus fairing though. The dashboard is only LCD unlike the fancy TFT dash of the R1, it doesn't have the 6-axis IMU tracking tech, the exhaust system is Steel rather than Titanium and in a similar vein the fuel tank is Steel rather than Aluminium. However the MT-10 does get cruise control over the R1 which can be used in gears 4-6 at 30-110mph. If you fancy something closer to a naked R1 check out the 2017 MT-10 SP.
Accessories include an Akrapovic exhaust, R1 quick shifter, medium screen, side mounted semi-hard cases and even a comfort seat. You can basically tweak this highly capable bike towards street or touring as you see fit.
The 17" 5-spoke cast Aluminium wheels take a Bridgestone Battlax Hypersport 120/70 tyre at the front and 190/55 at the rear.
- 2016-2018: Black with yellow wheels, black/blue with blue wheels, black with red front disc mounts, white with red wheels (2019)
2017: New quickshifter system and engine mapping updated to be a bit smoother. £11,650 Tourer edition gets you a tall screen, hand guards, comfort seat, GPS mount and soft ABS panniers. Check the pics above.
Did You Know?
MT stands for Masters of Torque
Something wrong? Let us know.
Bikes for Sale (55)
- 1 of 19
Sell Your Bike
Sell your bike with WeWantYourMotorbike today. Just pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours - easy peasy.
We work out the price guide ourselves, independent from any other organisation, so you can easily get a rough valuation or an idea of what it's worth.
|Use the code thebikemarket at the checkout for a cheeky little discount!|
We thoroughly recommend Petrolhead Detailing for all your cleaning, detailing and paint correction needs. They really know their stuff!
Check out this video review from CagerOnTwoWheels.