Yamaha MT-10 For Sale
The Yamaha MT-10 is a premium naked bike and is powered by a de-tuned 998cc inline four engine from the flagship R1 which puts out 158bhp.
- Good wind protection, excellent engine, loads of power
- Headlights don't both do high/low beam, on the thirsty side
What Is It?
It's powered by a liquid cooled 998cc crossplane inline four engine, producing 158.2bhp at 11,500rpm and maximum torque at 9,000rpm.
- Aluminium frame derived from the R1 but with steel sub-frame
- Dual 320mm discs up front with radial mount 2 piston calipers
- Rear 220mm disc with 2 piston caliper
- Adjustable 43mm KYB upside down fork with 120mm travel
- Adjustable rear KYB shock with 120mm travel
- Slipper clutch
- 3 level traction control and ABS
- 3 riding modes, changeable on the move
- LED lighting all round
- 12V outlet in the dash
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
The engine differs from the R1 in having Steel connecting rods instead of Titanium, a different fuel injection system and the crankshaft has higher inertia to cope with the torque. It's more about low to mid range torque and power than the R1.
It's not quite an R1 minus the fairing though. The dashboard is only LCD unlike the fancy TFT dash of the R1, it doesn't have the 3-axis IMU tracking tech, the exhaust system is Steel rather than Titanium and in a similar vein the fuel tank is Steel rather than Aluminium.
However the MT-10 does get cruise control over the R1 which can be used in gears 4-6 at 30-110mph. The 17" 5-spoke wheels take a Bridgestone Battlax Hypersport 120/70 tyre at the front and 190/55 at the rear.
Accessories include the Akrapovic exhaust, quickshifter, screen, heated grips, side mounted semi-hard cases and comfort seat.
- 2016-2018: Black with yellow wheels, black/blue with blue wheels, black with red front disc mounts, white with red wheels (2019)
2017: New quickshifter system and engine mapping updated to be a bit smoother. £11,650 Tourer edition gets you a tall screen, hand guards, comfort seat, GPS mount and soft ABS panniers. £13,400 MT-10 SP launched with Ohlins electronic suspension, TFT dash and special colour scheme.
Did You Know?
MT stands for Masters of Torque.
Something wrong? Let us know.
Bikes for Sale (50)
- 1 of 17
Sell Your Bike
Pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation from WeWantYourMotorbike and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours:
Parts & Accessories
|Use the code thebikemarket at the checkout for a cheeky little discount!|
|Year||On the road||Off the road||Total registered||Adverts seen|
Check out this video review from CagerOnTwoWheels.