Suzuki GSX-S1000 For Sale
The 2015 Suzuki GSX-S1000 is a naked style bike and is powered by a 999cc inline four engine which puts out 143bhp. It's related to an older generation GSX-R1000 sports bike.
- Brakes, front suspension
- Limited electronics, throttle response, rear suspension
What Is It?
It's powered by a liquid cooled four stroke 999cc inline four cylinder engine, producing 143.5bhp at 10,000rpm and maximum torque at 9,500rpm. It's actually the engine from the 2005-2008 GSX-R re-tuned for the street, rather than latest generation gixxer, because the long stroke design is better suited to low down torque. RRP is £9,100 or £9,600 with Bosch ABS (adds 2kg).
- Twin spar Aluminium frame (new) and swingarm (from the GSX-R)
- Dual 310mm discs up front with radial mount Brembo monobloc calipers (from the 2014 GSX-R)
- 220mm disc at the rear with Nissin single piston caliper
- Fully adjustable 43mm KYB fork with 120mm travel
- KYB rear shock with adjustable re-bound damping and 130mm travel
- Traction control with 3 modes and off setting, controlled from the left handlebar
- Suzuki Dual Throttle Valve (SDTV) system (from the GSX-R)
- Stainless Steel 4->2->1 exhaust system
- Suzuki Exhaust Tuning (SET)
- 6 speed gearbox and LED taillight
- Front LED position lights around the headlight
- Gear position indicator, fuel gauge, clock and air temperature
The 6 spoke 17" cast Aluminium wheels take a 120/70 radial tyre at the front and 190/50 at the rear.
The 2016 Yoshimura Special Edition RRP is £9,800 or £10,300 with ABS and gets you a host of extras; Yoshimura R11 exhaust, steering stem nut, hard anodised parts, bar ends and grey/red paint scheme. There are also a number of accessories included such as heel plate trim (£10), wheel trim graphics, paddock stand bobbins (£20), tank pad (£20), matt black levers (£70) and pillion seat cowl.
The 2017 Carbon edition is £10,000 which gets you ABS, colour coded calipers and wheel tape. There's also a carbon rear hugger, crankcase cover, clutch cover and alternator cover.
2017 also introduced the £9,900 Phantom special edition with matt black paint, red detailing, black KYB fork and black exhaust/levers/foot pegs/foot rests.
Additional 2017 changes include a power bump up to 150bhp, new slipper clutch and blacked out levers/pegs - check the pics.
Other accessories include blue/red/yellow Brembo calipers (£210), carbon fibre frame cover (£330), carbon fender (£250), carbon pillion seat cover (£150), carbon mini fly screen (£200), carbon rear hugger (£150), blue chain (£170) and heated grips (£160).
- 2015-2016: Black, blue, red and grey/red Yoshimura Special Edition
- 2017: Blue, red, Phantom black
- 2018: Blue/black, red/black, Phantom matt black, white
The GSX-S1000F is essentially the same bike but with more of a fairing for sports touring use, a 5mm lower seat and ABS as standard.
Something wrong? Let us know.
Sell Your Bike
Sell your bike with WeWantYourMotorbike today. Just pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours - easy peasy.
Check out this review from spicy110:
How many bikes like this are around, by year of production, including those licensed for use on the road and those off the road with a Statutory Off Road Notification (SORN).
|Year||On The Road||Off The Road||Total Around|
RM/2015/024, issued 31/07/2015, affected 899 bikes
The lower radiator hose is fitted in close proximity, and may come into contact with an exhaust pipe clamp. It is possible for the hose to wear through and leak coolant. If not noted and rectified it is possible for the engine to be damaged.
Build Dates: 03/03/2015 to 30/06/2015
JS1DG1144GO100180 to JS1DG1144G0101330
JS1DG1122G0100619 to JS1DG1122G0102589
JS1DG1111GO100011 to JS1DG1111GO100165