Ducati Monster 1200 For Sale
What Is It?
The Ducati Monster 1200 is a premium naked bike and is powered by a Euro 3 compliant liquid cooled Testastretta 1,198.4 cc V-Twin engine, producing 133.2 bhp at 8,750 rpm and maximum torque at 7,250 rpm.
- Steel tubular frame and tank
- Aluminium single sided swingarm
- Dual 320 mm discs up front with Brembo M4.32 four piston calipers
- 245 mm disc at the rear with Brembo two piston caliper
- 3-level Bosch 9MP ABS system
- Adjustable 43 mm upside down fork with 130 mm travel
- Adjustable Sachs shock with 152 mm travel
- 8-level traction control
- 2->1->2 exhaust system
- Slip and assist clutch
- Three ride modes
- LED taillight and position lights
- 785 mm / 810 mm adjustable seat
- Colour TFT dash, pillion seat cover
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
The mid-range 1200S builds on it with roughly 10 bhp more, Ohlins suspension, Brembo M50 calipers with 330 mm discs, 3-spoke machined wheels, Carbon front mudguard and LED indicators.
The 10-spoke 17" wheels take a 120/70 Pirelli Diablo Rosso II tyre at the front and 190/55 at the rear.
2016: Range topping M1200R featuring a new Euro 4 Testastretta DS engine putting out 160 bhp, 3-spoke forged wheels, higher seat, larger rear tyre, mini sports fairing and 2 kg less weight.
2017: Big update with 150 bhp at 9,250 rpm and maximum torque at 7,750 rpm (10 bhp down on the R). Ducati also threw in the new exhaust, cornering ABS, 9-level wheelie control and better pillion pegs to address complaints. KYB fork now adjustable and the up / down quickshifter is an option.
Capacity: 1,198 cc (very high)
Power: 133 bhp / 99 kW (high)
Red Line: 10,500 rpm (high)
Top Speed: 150 mph / 241 km/h (very high)
Economy: 40 mpg / 7.1 L/100km (average)
Range: 150 miles / 241 km (average)
Fuel Capacity: 17.5 litres / 3.8 gallons (high)
Seat Height: 785 mm / 30.9 inches (low)
Wet Weight: 209 kg / 461 pounds (heavy)
Dry Weight: 182 kg / 401 pounds
Power to Weight Ratio: 0.636 bhp/kg / 0.475 kW/kg
Launch RRP: £11,500
Check out this video review from OrcaGT.
Create An Alert
Pop in your email address for updates when we see new similar adverts for sale:
- It's super easy to cancel it with just one click.
- Your email will only be used for these alerts.
- You can have one active alert at any one time.
- The alert will time out after 30 days.
Sell Your Bike
Pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation from WeWantYourMotorbike and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours:
Popularity & How Many Left
|Year||On The Road||Off The Road||Total||For Sale|
|2014||70||24||94||68 / month|
|2015||35||11||46||51 / month|
|2016||32||5||37||31 / month|
|2017||41||2||43||9 / month|
|2018||17||-||17||55 / month|
|2019||Data coming soon...||Rarely|