Ducati Monster 1200 R For Sale
What Is It?
The Ducati Monster 1200 R is a premium naked bike and is powered by a new Euro 4 compliant liquid cooled Testastretta 1198.4 cc V-Twin engine, producing 160 bhp at 9,250 rpm and maximum torque at 7,750 rpm.
- Steel tubular frame and tank
- Aluminium single sided swingarm
- Dual 330 mm discs up front with Brembo evo M50 four piston calipers
- 245 mm disc at the rear with Brembo two piston caliper
- 3-level Bosch 9MP ABS system
- Adjustable 48 mm Ohlins upside down fork with 130 mm travel
- Adjustable Ohlins shock with 159 mm travel
- 2->1->2 exhaust system
- Slip and assist clutch
- 3 ride modes
- 8-level traction control
- LED indicators, taillight and position lights
- Colour TFT dash and mini sport fairing
- Pillion seat cover
- Carbon front mudguard
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
Compared to the 1200S you get almost 20 bhp more but 500 rpm higher up the range, 5.5% more torque, better brakes, forged wheels, Ohlins steering damper, better tyres, wider rear tyre, mini sports fairing, fixed higher 830 mm seat with 1200R plate and 2 kg shaved off the weight. Ducati even fixed the issue with pillion pegs getting in the way on the original 1200/1200S.
The 3-spoke 17" wheels take a 120/70 Pirelli Diablo Supercorsa SP tyre at the front and 200/55 at the rear.
Colours: Black, red (red frame)
Launch RRP: £16,000
Capacity: 1,198 cc (very high)
Power: 160 bhp / 119 kW (very high)
Red Line: 10,500 rpm (high)
Top Speed: 160 mph / 257 km/h (very high)
Economy: 40 mpg / 7.1 L/100km (average)
Range: 150 miles / 241 km (average)
Fuel Capacity: 17.5 litres / 3.8 gallons (high)
Seat Height: 830 mm / 32.7 inches (average)
Wet Weight: 207 kg / 456 pounds (heavy)
Dry Weight: 180 kg / 397 pounds
Power to Weight: 0.773 bhp/kg / 0.576 kW/kg
Check out this video review from 44Teeth (turn up the sound).
Sell Your Bike
Simply pop in the reg number to get a same day valuation from We Want Your Motorbike:
Parts & Accessories
Popularity & How Many Left