Ducati Monster 1200 R Bikes For Sale
- Seat Height: Average (830 mm / 32.7 inches)
- Weight: Heavy (207 kg / 456 lbs)
- Fuel Capacity: High (17.5 litres / 4.6 US gallons)
- Economy: Average (40 mpg / 7.1 l/100km / 14.2 km/l)
- Range: Average (150 miles / 241 km)
- Top Speed: Very High (160 mph / 257 km/h)
- Capacity: Very High (1,198 cc)
- Power: Very High (160 bhp / 119 kW)
- Power to Weight: Very High (0.773 bhp/kg / 0.576 kW/kg)
- Redline: High (10,500 rpm)
- Road Tax / VED: Very High (£101 Per Year)
- Launch RRP: £16,000
For Sale (2)
Sell Your Bike
Price Guide & Used Prices
Gear & Accessories
Check out this video review from 44Teeth (turn up the sound).
What Is It?
The Ducati Monster 1200 R is a premium naked bike and is powered by a new Euro 4 compliant liquid cooled Testastretta 1198.4 cc V-Twin engine, producing 160 bhp at 9,250 rpm and maximum torque at 7,750 rpm.
- Steel tubular frame and tank
- Aluminium single sided swingarm
- Dual 330 mm discs up front with Brembo evo M50 four piston calipers
- 245 mm disc at the rear with Brembo two piston caliper
- 3-level Bosch 9MP ABS system
- Adjustable 48 mm Ohlins upside down fork with 130 mm travel
- Adjustable Ohlins shock with 159 mm travel
- 2->1->2 exhaust system
- Slip and assist clutch
- 3 ride modes
- 8-level traction control
- LED indicators, taillight and position lights
- Colour TFT dash and mini sport fairing
- Pillion seat cover
- Carbon front mudguard
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
Compared to the 1200S you get almost 20 bhp more but 500 rpm higher up the range, 5.5% more torque, better brakes, forged wheels, Ohlins steering damper, better tyres, wider rear tyre, mini sports fairing, fixed higher 830 mm seat with 1200R plate and 2 kg shaved off the weight. Ducati even fixed the issue with pillion pegs getting in the way on the original 1200/1200S.
The 3-spoke 17" wheels take a 120/70 Pirelli Diablo Supercorsa SP tyre at the front and 200/55 at the rear.
Colours: Black, red (red frame)
Popularity & How Many Left