Ducati Monster 1200 R For Sale
The 2016 Ducati Monster 1200 R is a premium naked bike and is powered by a 1,198cc V-Twin engine which puts out 160bhp. It builds on the 1200 S with more power, better brakes and wheels.
What Is It?
It's powered by a new Euro 4 compliant liquid cooled Testastretta 1198.4cc V-Twin engine, producing 160bhp at 9,250rpm and maximum torque at 7,750rpm.
- Steel tubular frame and tank
- Aluminium single sided swingarm
- Dual 330mm discs up front with Brembo monobloc evo M50 2 piston calipers
- 245mm disc at the rear with Brembo single piston caliper
- 3-level Bosch 9MP ABS system and 3 riding modes
- 8-level traction control with customisation
- Adjustable 48mm Ohlins upside down fork with 130mm travel
- Adjustable Ohlins shock with 159mm travel
- 2->1->2 exhaust system
- Slip and assist clutch
- LED indicators, taillight and position lights
- Colour TFT dash and mini sport fairing
- Pillion seat cover and Carbon front mudguard
- 6 speed gearbox
Compared to the M1200S you get almost 20bhp more but 500rpm higher up the range, 5.5% more torque, better brakes, 3-spoke forged wheels, Ohlins steering damper, better tyres, wider rear tyre, mini sports fairing, fixed higher 830mm seat with 1200R plate and 2kg shaved off the weight. Ducati even fixed the issue with pillion pegs getting in the way on the original 1200/1200S.
The 3-spoke forged Aluminium 17" wheels take a 120/70 Pirelli Diablo Supercorsa SP tyre at the front and 200/55 at the rear.
Colours: Black, red (red frame)
Something wrong? Let us know.
Bikes for Sale (6)
- 1 of 2
Sell Your Bike
Pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation from WeWantYourMotorbike and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours:
Parts & Accessories
|Use the code thebikemarket at the checkout for a cheeky little discount!|
|Year||On the road||Off the road||Total registered||Adverts seen|
Check out this video review from 44Teeth (turn up the sound).