KTM 1290 Super Duke R Bikes For Sale
- Seat Height: Average (835 mm / 32.9 inches)
- Dry Weight: Heavy (195 kg / 430 lbs)
- Fuel Capacity: High (18.0 litres / 4.8 US gallons)
- Economy: Average (40 mpg / 7.1 l/100km / 14.2 km/l)
- Range: High (160 miles / 257 km)
- Top Speed: Very High (185 mph / 298 km/h)
- Capacity: Very High (1,301 cc)
- Power: Very High (174 bhp / 130 kW)
- Redline: High (10,300 rpm)
- Road Tax / VED: Very High (£101 Per Year)
- Launch RRP: £14,000
For Sale (12)
Sell Your Bike
Price Guide & Used Prices
Gear & Accessories
Review In A Few
Check out this video review from TheMissendenFlyer.
What Is It?
The KTM 1290 Super Duke R is a top of the range naked bike and is powered by a Euro 4 compliant liquid cooled 1,301 cc V-Twin engine, producing 174 bhp at 9,750 rpm and maximum torque at 7,000 rpm.
- Tubular Steel frame with single-sided swingarm
- Dual 320 mm discs up front with Brembo M50 four piston calipers
- 240 mm disc at the rear with Brembo two piston caliper
- Bosch 9.1 MP cornering ABS system with off mode
- Adjustable 48 mm WP upside down fork with 125 mm travel
- Adjustable WP shock with 156 mm travel
- WP steering damper
- Slipper clutch
- Launch control
- Cruise control
- Traction control with off mode
- 5 ride modes: Rain (100 bhp), Street, Sport, Track, Supermoto
- Full LED lighting
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
Compared to the 2013-2016 model peak power is up 4 bhp, the red line 500 rpm higher, the inlet valves are now Titanium and the engine is now Euro 4 compliant. Ergonomically the riding position is slightly more aggressive with the handlebars being 5 mm lower and 18 mm further forward.
You also now get an LED headlight, launch control, cornering ABS, cruise control, colour TFT dash, keyless ignition, a new Track riding mode and tyre pressure warning however the bike is somewhat heavier than the old model.
The 10-spoke 17" front wheel takes a Metzeler Racetec K3 120/70 tyre and the rear a 190/55.
Accessories include an Akrapovic exhaust, quickshifter, soft panniers / top case, race suspension, Carbon mudguards and heated grips.
- 2017-2018: Grey/black, white/orange
- 2019: White (black wheels), black/orange (orange wheels)
It's also known as The Beast.
Model History & Updates
2019: Euro 5 engine tweaks, small power boost and quickshifter now standard.