KTM 1290 Super Duke R For Sale
What Is It?
The KTM 1290 Super Duke R is a top of the range naked bike and is powered by a Euro 4 compliant liquid cooled 1,301 cc V-Twin engine, producing 174 bhp at 9,750 rpm and maximum torque at 7,000 rpm.
- Tubular Steel frame with single-sided swingarm
- Dual 320 mm discs up front with Brembo M50 four piston calipers
- 240 mm disc at the rear with Brembo two piston caliper
- Bosch 9.1 MP cornering ABS system with off mode
- Adjustable 48 mm WP upside down fork with 125 mm travel
- Adjustable WP shock with 156 mm travel
- WP steering damper
- Slipper clutch
- Launch control
- Cruise control
- Traction control with off mode
- 5 ride modes: Rain (100 bhp), Street, Sport, Track, Supermoto
- Full LED lighting
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
Compared to the 2013-2016 model peak power is up 4 bhp, the red line 500 rpm higher, the inlet valves are now Titanium and the engine is now Euro 4 compliant. Ergonomically the riding position is slightly more aggressive with the handlebars being 5 mm lower and 18 mm further forward.
You also now get an LED headlight, launch control, cornering ABS, cruise control, colour TFT dash, keyless ignition, a new Track riding mode and tyre pressure warning however the bike is somewhat heavier than the old model.
The 10-spoke 17" front wheel takes a Metzeler Racetec K3 120/70 tyre and the rear a 190/55.
Accessories include an Akrapovic exhaust, quickshifter, soft panniers / top case, race suspension, Carbon mudguards and heated grips.
- 2017-2018: Grey/black, white/orange
- 2019: White (black wheels), black/orange (orange wheels)
Did You Know?
It's also known as The Beast.
2019: Euro 5 engine tweaks, small power boost and quickshifter now standard.
Review In A Few
- Loads of usable low down power
- Electronics package
- The styling isn't subtle
- Pretty thirsty
Launch RRP: £14,000
Capacity: 1,301 cc (very high)
Power: 174 bhp / 130 kW (very high)
Red Line: 10,300 rpm (high)
Top Speed: 185 mph / 298 km/h (very high)
Economy: 40 mpg / 7.1 L/100km (average)
Range: 160 miles / 257 km (high)
Fuel Capacity: 18.0 litres / 4.0 gallons (high)
Seat Height: 835 mm / 32.9 inches (average)
Dry Weight: 195 kg / 430 pounds
Check out this video review from TheMissendenFlyer.
Create An Alert
Pop in your email address for updates when we see new similar adverts for sale:
- It's super easy to cancel it with just one click.
- Your email will only be used for these alerts.
- You can have one active alert at any one time.
- The alert will time out after 30 days.
Sell Your Bike
Pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation from WeWantYourMotorbike and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours:
Popularity & How Many Left