KTM 1290 Super Duke R For Sale
What Is It?
The KTM 1290 Super Duke R is a top of the range naked bike and is powered by a Euro 4 compliant liquid cooled 1,301 cc V-Twin engine, producing 177 bhp at 9,500 rpm and maximum torque at 8,000 rpm.
- Steel tubular frame with single-sided swingarm
- Dual 320 mm discs up front with Brembo Stylema four piston calipers
- 240 mm disc at the rear with Brembo two piston caliper
- Bosch 9.1 MP 2.0 cornering ABS system with rear off mode
- Adjustable 48 mm WP APEX upside down fork with 125 mm travel
- Adjustable WP APEX shock with 140 mm travel
- WP steering damper
- Slip and assist clutch
- Cruise control
- Lean angle aware traction control with off mode
- Ride modes: Rain (100 bhp), Street, Sport
- Full LED lighting
- TFT dash
- Keyless ignition
- Adjustable handlebar / pegs / levers
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
Compared to the 2017-2019 model there's a new lighter yet stiffer frame with Aluminium / Carbon composite sub-frame, 3 bhp more power, updated front calipers, new WP APEX suspension with slightly less travel at the rear, an updated cornering ABS system with two modes, improved traction control, a new lighter wheel design with stickier tyres, slightly larger rear tyre and a new 2 litre smaller fuel tank.
It's 6 kg lighter, which is roughly 2 kg from the frame and the same again from the smaller tank and lighter wheels.
Supermoto ABS mode turns off ABS at the rear, doesn't prevent the rear wheel lifting and turns off cornering ABS.
The 5-spoke 17" wheels takes a Bridgestone S22 120/70 tyre at the front and a 200/55 at the rear.
The £305 Track Pack adds the Track and Performance riding modes, anti-wheelie off mode, launch control and adjustment for both traction control slip and throttle response.
Accessories include the Akrapovic Titanium / Carbon slip-on silencer, full Akrapovic system, up / down quickshifter, engine bars, APEX PRO 7117 steering damper, heated grips, lever protection, fancy milled levers, bar end mirrors, pillion seat cover, comfort seat, advanced pegs, motor slip regulator, adaptive brake light, soft panniers, Carbon mudguards and lots of billet bits.
Colours: Orange/blue, black
Did You Know?
It's also known as "The Beast" and KTM describe this refresh as "Re-Beasting".
2021: Euro 5 compatible.
Capacity: 1,301 cc (very high)
Power: 177 bhp / 132 kW (very high)
Economy: 40 mpg / 7.1 L/100km (average)
Range: 140 miles / 225 km (average)
Fuel Capacity: 16.0 litres / 3.5 gallons (high)
Seat Height: 835 mm / 32.9 inches (average)
Dry Weight: 189 kg / 417 pounds
Create An Alert
Pop in your email address for updates when we see new similar adverts for sale:
- It's super easy to cancel it with just one click.
- Your email will only be used for these alerts.
- You can have one active alert at any one time.
- The alert will time out after 30 days.
Sell Your Bike
Pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation from WeWantYourMotorbike and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours: