KTM 1290 Super Duke R For Sale
Insurance Costs: 10 of 10
Current Prices: £13,000–£8,800
What Is It?
The KTM 1290 Super Duke R is a top of the range naked bike and is powered by a Euro 4 compliant liquid cooled 1,301 cc V-Twin engine, producing 174 bhp at 9,750 rpm and maximum torque at 7,000 rpm.
- Tubular Steel frame with single-sided swingarm
- Dual 320 mm discs up front with Brembo M50 four piston calipers
- 240 mm disc at the rear with Brembo two piston caliper
- Bosch 9.1 MP cornering ABS system with off mode
- Adjustable 48 mm WP upside down fork with 125 mm travel
- Adjustable WP shock with 156 mm travel
- WP steering damper
- Slipper clutch, launch control, cruise control
- Traction control with off mode
- 5 ride modes: Rain (100 bhp), Street, Sport, Track, Supermoto
- Full LED lighting
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
Compared to the 2013-2016 model peak power is up 4 bhp, the red line 500 rpm higher, the inlet valves are now Titanium and the engine is now Euro 4 compliant. Ergonomically the riding position is slightly more aggressive with the handlebars being 5 mm lower and 18 mm further forward.
You also now get an LED headlight, launch control, cornering ABS, cruise control, colour TFT dash, keyless ignition, a new Track riding mode and tyre pressure warning however the bike is somewhat heavier than the old model. The 10-spoke 17" front wheel takes a Metzeler Racetec K3 120/70 tyre and the rear a 190/55.
Accessories include an Akrapovic exhaust, quickshifter, soft panniers / top case, race suspension, Carbon mudguards and heated grips.
- 2017-2018: Grey/black, white/orange
- 2019: White (black wheels), black/orange (orange wheels)
2019: Euro 5 engine tweaks, small power boost and quickshifter now standard.
Did You Know?
It's also known as The Beast.
Capacity: 1,301 cc (very high)
Power: 174 bhp / 130 kW (very high)
Red Line: 10,300 rpm (high)
Top Speed: 185 mph / 298 km/h (very high)
Economy: 40 mpg / 14.2 kpl / 7.1 L/100km (average)
Range: 160 miles / 257 km (high)
Fuel Capacity: 18.0 litres / 4.0 gallons (high)
Seat Height: 835 mm / 32.9 inches (average)
Dry Weight: 195 kg / 430 pounds
Launch RRP: £14,000
Check out this video review from TheMissendenFlyer.
Something wrong? Let us know.
Create An Alert
Pop in your email address and we can send you daily updates when we see new adverts like this appearing:
- It's super easy to cancel it with just one click.
- Your email will only be used for these alerts.
- You can have one active alert at any one time.
- The alert will time out after 30 days.
Bikes for Sale (40)
- 1 of 14
Sell Your Bike
Pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation from WeWantYourMotorbike and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours:
Popularity & How Many Left
|Year||On The Road||Off The Road||Total||For Sale|
|2017||351||45||396||86 / month|
|2018||447||-||447||44 / month|
|2019||Data not yet available||730 / month|
|2020||Data not yet available||220 / month|