KTM 1290 Super Duke R For Sale
The 2017 KTM 1290 Super Duke R is a top of the range naked bike and is powered by a 1,301cc V-Twin engine which puts out 174bhp. It was first launched in 2013.
- Loads of usable low down power, electronics package
- The styling isn't subtle, pretty thirsty
What Is It?
It's powered by a Euro 4 compliant liquid cooled 1,301cc V-Twin engine, producing 174bhp at 9,750rpm and maximum torque at 7,000rpm.
- Tubular Steel frame with single-sided swingarm
- Dual 320mm discs up front with Brembo M50 2 piston calipers
- 240mm disc at the rear with Brembo single piston caliper
- Bosch 9.1 MP cornering ABS system with off mode
- Adjustable 48mm WP upside down fork with 125mm travel
- Adjustable WP shock with 156mm travel
- WP steering damper
- Slipper clutch, Launch Control, Cruise Control
- Traction Control with off mode
- 5 ride modes: Rain (100bhp), Street, Sport, Track and Supermoto
- Full LED lighting
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
Compared to the 2013-2016 model peak power is up 4bhp, the red line 500rpm higher, the inlet valves are now Titanium and the engine is now Euro 4 compliant. Ergonomically the riding position is slightly more aggressive with the handlebars being 5mm lower and 18mm further forward.
You also now get an LED headlight, launch control, cornering ABS, cruise control, colour TFT dash, keyless ignition, a new Track riding mode and tyre pressure warning however the bike is somewhat heavier than the old model.
The 10-spoke 17" front wheel takes a Metzeler Racetec K3 120/70 tyre and the rear a 190/55. Accessories include an Akrapovic exhaust, quickshifter, soft panniers/top case, race suspension, Carbon mudguards, and heated grips.
- 2017-2018: Grey/black, white/orange
- 2019: White (black wheels), black/orange (orange wheels)
Did You Know?
AKA The Beast
Something wrong? Let us know.
Sell Your Bike
Sell your bike with WeWantYourMotorbike today. Just pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours - easy peasy.
Check out this review from TheMissendenFlyer: