KTM 1290 Super Duke R Evo Bikes For Sale
- Seat Height: Average (835 mm / 32.9 inches)
- Dry Weight: Heavy (191 kg / 421 lbs)
- Fuel Capacity: High (16.0 litres / 4.2 US gallons)
- Economy: Average (45 mpg / 6.3 l/100km / 15.9 km/l)
- Range: High (160 miles / 257 km)
- Top Speed: Very High (185 mph / 298 km/h)
- Capacity: Very High (1,301 cc)
- Power: Very High (177 bhp / 132 kW)
- Redline: High (10,300 rpm)
- Road Tax / VED: Very High (£101 Per Year)
- Launch RRP: £17,900
Sell Your Bike
Price Guide & Used Prices
Gear & Accessories
Review In A Few
What Is It?
The KTM 1290 Super Duke R Evo is a top of the range naked bike and is powered by a Euro 5 compliant liquid cooled 1,301 cc V-Twin engine, producing 177 bhp at 9,500 rpm and maximum torque at 8,000 rpm.
- Steel tubular frame with single-sided swingarm
- Dual 320 mm discs up front with Brembo Stylema four piston calipers
- 240 mm disc at the rear with Brembo two piston caliper
- Bosch 9.1 MP 2.0 cornering ABS system with rear off mode
- Adjustable 48 mm WP APEX upside down fork with 125 mm travel
- Adjustable WP APEX shock with 140 mm travel
- WP steering damper
- Slip and assist clutch
- Cruise control
- Traction control
- Lean angle aware traction control with off mode
- Ride modes: Rain (100 bhp), Street, Sport
- Full LED lighting
- TFT dash
- Keyless ignition
- Adjustable handlebar / pegs / levers
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
The Evo is essentially the 1290 Super Duke R with fancy second generation semi-active electronic suspension and three damping modes (Comfort / Street / Sport), adding only 2 kg to the weight. Rear pre-load can be adjusted in 2 mm increments over 20 mm.
Supermoto ABS mode turns off ABS at the rear, doesn't prevent the rear wheel lifting and turns off cornering ABS.
The 5-spoke 17" wheels take a Bridgestone S22 120/70 tyre at the front and a 200/55 at the rear.
Accessories include the Akrapovic Titanium / Carbon slip-on silencer, full Akrapovic system, up / down quickshifter, engine bars, APEX PRO 7117 steering damper, heated grips, lever protection, fancy milled levers, bar end mirrors, pillion seat cover, comfort seat, advanced pegs, motor slip regulator, adaptive brake light, soft panniers, fly screen, Carbon mudguards and lots of billet bits.
The £250 Track Pack adds the Track / Advanced / Auto suspension modes, launch control, optional anti-dive, 9-level traction control spin adjuster and anti-wheelie off mode.
Colours: Blue/orange, white/orangeDid You Know?
KTM call it "The Beast, Evolved".