Indian FTR R Carbon Motorbikes For Sale
What Is It?
The Indian FTR R Carbon is a premium naked bike with retro styling and is powered by a Euro 5 compliant liquid cooled 1,203 cc V-Twin engine, producing 123.4 bhp at 8,250 rpm and maximum torque at 6,000 rpm.
- Steel tubular frame with Aluminium sub-frame
- Dual 320 mm discs up front with Brembo M4.32 four piston calipers
- 265 mm disc at the rear with Brembo P34 two piston caliper
- Cornering ABS system with off mode
- Adjustable Ohlins 43 mm upside down fork with 120 mm travel
- Adjustable Ohlins piggyback IFP rear shock with 120 mm travel
- Assist and slipper clutch
- Lean angle aware traction control
- Cruise control
- Ride modes: Road, Rain, Sport
- Removable pillion grab handles
- LED lighting all round
- 4.3" TFT touchscreen dash with connectivity
- Fast charge USB port near the dash
- 2->1->2 exhaust system
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
It builds on the FTR S with the blacked out Akrapovic exhaust and as the name suggests a lot of Carbon on offer, notably the headlight cowl, pillion seat cover, fuel tank covers and front mudguard.
Compared to the 2020 FTR Carbon model there's new Ohlins fully adjustable suspension replacing the old Showa setup, a new premium seat, subtle engine re-tuning for Euro 5 and to improve cold starts, road focused 17" wheels to replace the old 19" / 18" combo, road tyres, improved airflow around the radiator, rear cylinder deactivation at idle to manage the heat, a 73 mm lower seat and a 40 mm narrower handlebar.
The 17" wheels take a Metzeler Sportec 120/70 tyre at the front and a 180/55 at the rear.
Accessories include the low seat, number boards, spoked wheels, screen, side pannier and grey grips.
Colours: Black/redDid You Know?
The fuel tank is under the seat for improved weight distribution.
Capacity: 1,203 cc (very high)
Power: 123 bhp, 92 kW (high)
Red Line: 9,000 rpm (average)
Top Speed: 125 mph, 201 km/h (high)
Fuel Consumption / Gas Mileage: 40 mpg, 7.1 l/100km, 14.2 km/l (average)
Range: 110 miles, 177 km (average)
Fuel Capacity: 13.0 litres, 3.4 US gallons (average)
Seat Height: 780 mm, 30.7 inches (low)
Wet Weight: 232 kg, 512 pounds (heavy)
Dry Weight: 217 kg, 478 pounds
Power to Weight: 0.530 bhp/kg, 0.395 kW/kg
Road Tax (VED): £96 / Year (very high)
Review In A Few
- Loads of torque
- Smooth power
- Storage anchor points
Check out this launch video from Indian.
For Sale (1)
Sell Your Bike
Simply pop in the reg number to get a same day valuation from We Want Your Motorbike: