Ducati Monster 1200 S For Sale
The 2014 Ducati Monster 1200 S is a premium naked bike and is powered by a 1,198cc V-Twin engine which puts out 143bhp. It builds on the 1200 with premium suspension / brakes and was joined by the 1200 R in 2016.
What Is It?
It's powered by a Euro 3 compliant liquid cooled 1,198.4cc Testastretta V-Twin engine, producing 143bhp at 8,750rpm and maximum torque at 7,250rpm.
- Steel tubular frame and tank
- Aluminium single sided swingarm
- Dual 330mm discs up front with Brembo monobloc M50 2 piston calipers
- 245mm disc at the rear with Brembo single piston caliper
- 3-level Bosch 9MP ABS system
- Adjustable 48mm Ohlins upside down fork with 130mm travel
- Adjustable Ohlins shock with 152mm travel
- 8-level traction control, 3 riding modes
- 2->1->2 exhaust system
- Slip and assist clutch
- LED indicators, taillight and position lights
- Height adjustable seat (785mm or 810mm)
- Colour TFT dash
- Pillion seat cover and Carbon front mudguard
- 6 speed gearbox
Compared to the M1200 base model you get roughly 10bhp more, an Ohlins 48mm fork, Ohlins shock, Brembo M50 calipers with larger 330mm discs, 3-spoke machined wheels, LED indicators and a Carbon front mudguard. The 17" wheels take a 120/70 Pirelli Diablo Rosso II tyre at the front and 190/55 at the rear.
Colours: Red (red frame, black wheels), white (bronze frame, black wheels), grey (black frame, black wheels)
2016: Range topping M1200R introduced with a new Euro 4 Testastretta DS engine putting out 160bhp at 9,250rpm, 3-spoke forged wheels, mini sports fairing, higher 830mm seat, larger rear tyre and 2kg lighter.
2017: Big update from the Euro 4 compliant Testastretta DS engine introduced with the range topping M1200R, but with 150bhp at 9,250rpm and maximum torque at 7,750rpm (now 10bhp down on the R). Ducati also threw in the new exhaust, updated dash, reshaped tank/tail, quickshifter, cornering ABS, 9-level wheelie control, newer tyres and better pillion pegs to address complaints but it's a tad heavier.
Something wrong? Let us know.
Bikes for Sale (13)
- 1 of 5
Sell Your Bike
Pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation from WeWantYourMotorbike and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours:
Parts & Accessories
|Use the code thebikemarket at the checkout for a cheeky little discount!|
|Year||On the road||Off the road||Total registered||Adverts seen|
Check out this video review from Bike World.