Ducati Monster 1200 S For Sale
Insurance Costs: 10 of 10
Current Prices: £11,750–£6,000
Buying New: £14,300
Power: 143 bhp
Engine: 1,198 cc, 10,500 rpm red line, 155 mph top speed
Economy: 40 mpg
Range: 150 miles from the 17.5 litre tank
Seat Height: 785 mm
Weight: 209 kg (wet), 182 kg (dry)
What Is It?
It's powered by a Euro 3 compliant liquid cooled 1,198.4cc Testastretta V-Twin engine, producing 143bhp at 8,750rpm and maximum torque at 7,250rpm.
- Steel tubular frame and tank
- Aluminium single sided swingarm
- Dual 330mm discs up front with Brembo monobloc M50 2 piston calipers
- 245mm disc at the rear with Brembo single piston caliper
- 3-level Bosch 9MP ABS system
- Adjustable 48mm Ohlins upside down fork with 130mm travel
- Adjustable Ohlins shock with 152mm travel
- 8-level traction control, 3 riding modes
- 2->1->2 exhaust system
- Slip and assist clutch
- LED indicators, taillight and position lights
- Height adjustable seat (785mm or 810mm)
- Colour TFT dash
- Pillion seat cover and Carbon front mudguard
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
Compared to the M1200 base model you get roughly 10bhp more, an Ohlins 48mm fork, Ohlins shock, Brembo M50 calipers with larger 330mm discs, 3-spoke machined wheels, LED indicators and a Carbon front mudguard. The 17" wheels take a 120/70 Pirelli Diablo Rosso II tyre at the front and 190/55 at the rear.
- Red (red frame, black wheels)
- White (bronze frame, black wheels)
- Grey (black frame, black wheels)
- Black (2019)
2016: Range topping M1200R introduced with a new Euro 4 Testastretta DS engine putting out 160bhp at 9,250rpm, 3-spoke forged wheels, mini sports fairing, higher 830mm seat, larger rear tyre and 2kg lighter.
2017: Big update from the Euro 4 compliant Testastretta DS engine introduced with the range topping M1200R, but with 150bhp at 9,250rpm and maximum torque at 7,750rpm (now 10bhp down on the R). Ducati also threw in the new exhaust, updated dash, reshaped tank/tail, quickshifter, cornering ABS, 9-level wheelie control, newer tyres and better pillion pegs to address complaints but it's a tad heavier.
Check out this video review from Bike World.
Something wrong? Let us know.
Bikes for Sale (12)
- 1 of 4
Sell Your Bike
Pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation from WeWantYourMotorbike and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours:
Popularity / How Many Left
|Year||On The Road||Off The Road||Total||For Sale|
|2014||121||31||152||72 / month|
|2015||103||23||126||130 / month|
|2016||38||10||48||70 / month|
|2017||102||21||123||9 / month|
|2018||80||-||80||37 / month|
|2019||Data not yet available||Rarely|
Stats include those licenced for use on the road and those off the road with a SORN, by year of production. Source: DVLA
If you know the registration number / VRM you can check the current tax state using Gov.uk