Ducati Monster 1200 S For Sale
The 2014 Ducati Monster 1200 S is a premium naked bike and is powered by a 1,198cc V-Twin engine which puts out 143bhp. It builds on the 1200 with premium suspension/brakes and was joined by the 1200 R in 2016.
What Is It?
It's powered by a Euro 3 compliant liquid cooled Testastretta 1198.4cc V-Twin engine, producing 143bhp at 8,750rpm and maximum torque at 7,250rpm.
- Steel tubular frame and tank
- Aluminium single sided swingarm
- Dual 330mm discs up front with Brembo monobloc M50 2 piston calipers
- 245mm disc at the rear with Brembo single piston caliper
- 3-level Bosch 9MP ABS system and 3 riding modes
- Adjustable 48mm Ohlins upside down fork with 130mm travel
- Adjustable Ohlins shock with 152mm travel
- 8-level traction control with customisation
- 2->1->2 exhaust system
- Slip and assist clutch
- LED indicators, taillight and position lights
- Height adjustable seat (785mm or 810mm)
- Colour TFT dash
- Pillion seat cover and Carbon front mudguard
- 6 speed gearbox
Compared to the base model M1200, released at the same time, you get roughly 10bhp more, an Ohlins 48mm fork, Ohlins shock, Brembo M50 calipers with larger 330mm discs, 3-spoke machined wheels, LED indicators and a Carbon front mudguard.
The 2016 range topping M1200R features a new Euro 4 Testastretta DS engine putting out 160bhp at 9,250rpm, 3-spoke forged wheels, mini sports fairing, higher 830mm seat, larger rear tyre and is 2kg lighter.
The 3-spoke machined Aluminium 17" wheels take a 120/70 Pirelli Diablo Rosso II tyre at the front and 190/55 at the rear.
2017: Big update from the Euro 4 compliant Testastretta DS engine introduced with the range topping M1200R, but with 150bhp at 9,250rpm and maximum torque at 7,750rpm (now 10bhp down on the R). Ducati also threw in the new exhaust, updated dash, reshaped tank/tail, quickshifter, IMU/cornering ABS, 9-level wheelie control, newer tyres and better pillion pegs to address complaints but it's a tad heavier.
Colours: Red (red frame, black wheels), white (bronze frame, black wheels), grey (black frame, black wheels)
Something wrong? Let us know.
Bikes for Sale (17)
- 1 of 6
Sell Your Bike
Sell your bike with WeWantYourMotorbike today. Just pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours - easy peasy.
Parts & Accessories
Cleaning & Detailing
We thoroughly recommend Petrolhead Detailing for all your cleaning, detailing and paint correction needs. They really know their stuff!
Check out this review of the 2017 update from TheMissendenFlyer: