Ducati Monster 1200 S Motorbikes For Sale
What Is It?
The Ducati Monster 1200 S is a premium naked bike and is powered by a Euro 3 compliant liquid cooled 1,198.4 cc Testastretta V-Twin engine, producing 143 bhp at 8,750 rpm and maximum torque at 7,250 rpm.
- Steel tubular frame and tank
- Aluminium single sided swingarm
- Dual 330 mm discs up front with Brembo monobloc M50 four piston calipers
- 245 mm disc at the rear with Brembo two piston caliper
- 3-level Bosch 9MP ABS system
- Adjustable 48 mm Ohlins upside down fork with 130 mm travel
- Adjustable Ohlins shock with 152 mm travel
- 8-level traction control
- 3 riding modes
- 2->1->2 exhaust system
- Slip and assist clutch
- LED indicators, taillight and position lights
- Height adjustable seat (785 mm or 810 mm)
- Colour TFT dash
- Pillion seat cover and Carbon front mudguard
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
Compared to the M1200 base model you get roughly 10 bhp more, an Ohlins 48 mm fork, Ohlins shock, Brembo M50 calipers with larger 330 mm discs, 3-spoke machined wheels, LED indicators and a Carbon front mudguard.
The 17" wheels take a 120/70 Pirelli Diablo Rosso II tyre at the front and 190/55 at the rear.
- Red (red frame, black wheels)
- White (bronze frame, black wheels)
- Grey (black frame, black wheels)
- Black (2019)
Launch RRP: £14,300
Capacity: 1,198 cc (very high)
Power: 143 bhp, 107 kW (high)
Red Line: 10,500 rpm (high)
Top Speed: 155 mph, 249 km/h (very high)
Fuel Consumption / Gas Mileage: 40 mpg, 7.1 l/100km, 14.2 km/l (average)
Range: 150 miles, 241 km (average)
Fuel Capacity: 17.5 litres, 4.6 US gallons (high)
Seat Height: 785 mm, 30.9 inches (low)
Wet Weight: 209 kg, 461 pounds (heavy)
Dry Weight: 182 kg, 401 pounds
Power to Weight: 0.684 bhp/kg, 0.510 kW/kg
Road Tax (VED): £96 / Year (very high)
Model History & Updates
2016: Range topping M1200R introduced with a new Euro 4 Testastretta DS engine putting out 160 bhp at 9,250 rpm, 3-spoke forged wheels, mini sports fairing, higher 830 mm seat, larger rear tyre and 2 kg less weight.
2017: Big update from the Euro 4 compliant Testastretta DS engine introduced with the range topping M1200R, but with 150 bhp at 9,250 rpm and maximum torque at 7,750 rpm (now 10 bhp down on the R). Ducati also threw in the new exhaust, updated dash, reshaped tank/tail, quickshifter, cornering ABS, 9-level wheelie control, newer tyres and better pillion pegs to address complaints but it's a tad heavier.
Check out this video review from Bike World.
For Sale (9)
Sell Your Bike
Simply pop in the reg number to get a same day valuation from We Want Your Motorbike:
Popularity & How Many Left