BMW R1250R For Sale
Insurance Costs: 10 of 10
Current Prices: £11,950–£9,550
What Is It?
The BMW R1250R is a popular premium naked bike and is powered by a liquid cooled 1,254 cc Boxer with VVT, producing 134.1 bhp at 7,750 rpm and maximum torque at 6,250 rpm.
- Steel tubular frame with Aluminium single-sided swingarm
- Dual 320 mm discs up front with Brembo four piston calipers
- 276 mm disc at the rear with Brembo two piston caliper
- ABS with off mode, shaft drive
- 45 mm upside down fork with 140 mm travel
- Adjustable rear shock with 140 mm travel
- Halogen/LED headlight and LED taillight
- Traction control, hill start control
- Ride modes: Road, Rain
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
Compared to the outgoing R1200R you get the new 84cc larger engine with Variable Valve Timing (ShiftCam in BMW speak), a power boost of 11 bhp, a new 6.5" colour dash and hill hold control as standard but weight is up 8 kg.
There are some complicated diagrams of the new engine above but basically it mechanically shifts between a low speed efficient and high speed high power cam profile to offer better economy and power. The 10-spoke 17" wheels take a 120/70 tyre at the front and 180/55 at the rear.
Accessories include the LED indicators, cruise control, keyless start, heated grips, TPMS, Dynamic ESA (electronic suspension), ABS Pro (cornering ABS), Ride Modes Pro (Dynamic and Dynamic Pro), 840 mm high seat, 760 mm low seat, Dynamic Brake Assistant, Hill Start Control Pro, Dynamic Traction Control, intelligent SOS system, screen, Option 719 seat / wheels / paint and the usual Akrapovic exhaust.
The £12,700 Sport gets the engine spoiler, LED indicators, quickshifter and extra riding modes. Building on the Sport, the £13,015 Exclusive gets the electronic suspension, keyless start, cruise control and centre stand.
Colours: Black, blue (Exclusive), white/blue/red (Sport), brown/orange (Option 719)
Capacity: 1,254 cc (very high)
Power: 134 bhp / 100 kW (high)
Red Line: 9,000 rpm (average)
Top Speed: 145 mph / 233 km/h (high)
Economy: 45 mpg / 15.9 kpl / 6.3 L/100km (average)
Range: 180 miles / 290 km (high)
Fuel Capacity: 18.0 litres / 4.0 gallons (high)
Seat Height: 820 mm / 32.3 inches (average)
Wet Weight: 239 kg / 527 pounds (heavy)
Launch RRP: £11,215
Check out this video review from TheMissendenFlyer.
Something wrong? Let us know.
Create An Alert
Pop in your email address and we can send you daily updates when we see new adverts like this appearing:
- It's super easy to cancel it with just one click.
- Your email will only be used for these alerts.
- You can have one active alert at any one time.
- The alert will time out after 30 days.
Bikes for Sale (2)
Sell Your Bike
Pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation from WeWantYourMotorbike and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours: