BMW R1250R For Sale
The 2019 BMW R1250R is a premium naked bike and is powered by a 1,254cc Boxer engine which puts out 134bhp. It replaces the R1200R and is closely related to the R1250RS sports tourer.
- Looks, power, handling, comfort, plenty of optional fancy bits
- Adding all the options really bumps up the price
What Is It?
It's powered by a liquid cooled 1,254cc Boxer with VVT, producing 134.1bhp at 7,750rpm and maximum torque at 6,250rpm.
- Steel tubular frame with Aluminium single-sided swingarm
- Dual 320mm discs up front with Brembo 2 piston calipers
- 276mm disc at the rear with Brembo 2 piston caliper
- ABS with off mode, shaft drive
- 45mm upside down fork with 140mm travel
- Adjustable rear shock with 140mm travel
- Halogen/LED headlight and LED taillight
- Traction control, hill start control
- Ride modes: Road, Rain
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
Compared to the outgoing R1200R you get the new 84cc larger engine with Variable Valve Timing (ShiftCam in BMW speak), a power boost of 11bhp, a new 6.5" colour dash and hill hold control as standard but weight is up 8kg.
There are some complicated diagrams of the new engine above but basically it mechanically shifts between a low speed efficient and high speed high power cam profile to offer better economy and power. The 10-spoke 17" wheels take a 120/70 tyre at the front and 180/55 at the rear.
Accessories include the sports handlebars, LED indicators, cruise control, keyless start, heated grips, TPMS, Dynamic ESA (electric suspension), ABS Pro (cornering ABS), Ride Modes Pro (Dynamic and Dynamic Pro), 840mm high seat, 760mm low seat, Dynamic Brake Assistant, Hill Start Control Pro, Dynamic Traction Control, intelligent SOS system, screen, Option 719 seat/wheels/paint and the usual Akrapovic exhaust.
The £12,700 Sport gets the engine spoiler, LED indicators, quickshifter and extra riding modes. Building on the Sport, the £13,015 Exclusive gets the electric suspension, keyless start, cruise control and centre stand.
Colours: Black, blue (Exclusive), white/blue/red (Sport), brown/orange (Option 719)
Something wrong? Let us know.
Bikes for Sale (0)
Unfortunately we haven't seen any for sale today. Please check back later or have a look at some similar models.
Check out this video review from TheMissendenFlyer.