BMW S1000R Bikes For Sale
- Seat Height: Average (814 mm / 32.0 inches)
- Weight: Heavy (207 kg / 456 lbs)
- Fuel Capacity: High (17.5 litres / 4.6 US gallons)
- Economy: Average (45 mpg / 6.3 l/100km / 15.9 km/l)
- Range: High (170 miles / 274 km)
- Top Speed: Very High (170 mph / 274 km/h)
- Capacity: High (999 cc)
- Power: Very High (160 bhp / 119 kW)
- Power to Weight: Very High (0.773 bhp/kg / 0.576 kW/kg)
- Redline: High (11,000 rpm)
- Road Tax / VED: Very High (£101 Per Year)
- Launch RRP: £10,350
For Sale (28)
Sell Your Bike
Price Guide & Used Prices
Gear & Accessories
Review In A Few
Check out this video review from TheMissendenFlyer.
What Is It?
The BMW S1000R is a really popular premium naked bike and is powered by a liquid cooled 999 cc inline four engine, producing 160 bhp at 11,000 rpm and maximum torque at 9,250 rpm.
- Aluminium frame and double sided swingarm
- Dual 320 mm discs up front with Brembo four piston calipers
- Rear 220 mm disc with Brembo single piston caliper
- ABS system
- Adjustable 46 mm upside down fork with 120 mm travel
- Adjustable rear shock with 120 mm travel
- Traction control (ASC)
- Ride modes: Road, Rain (136 bhp)
- Slipper clutch
- LED tail light
- 4->1 exhaust system
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
The S1000R is a naked version of the S1000RR, sharing the engine, gearbox, frame and suspension but with a higher handlebar for comfort and the engine de-tuned for more low down torque with less top end power. The 10-spoke 17" wheels take a 120/70 tyre at the front and 190/55 at the rear.
Accessories include the electronic suspension (DDC, gold fork), forged wheels (-2 kg), additional ride modes, quickshifter, cruise control, heated grips, LED indicators, engine spoiler and Carbon bits.
- 2014-2019: Red/black, white/black, blue/grey/black
- 2020: Black, blue, white/red/blue
The £11,750 S1000R Sport gets you the DDC, engine spoiler, ride modes, quickshifter, cruise control, heated grips and LED indicators.
Model History & Updates
2017: Update with Euro 4 compliance, power up 5 bhp to 165 bhp, weight down by 2 kg, HP Titanium silencer standard, Race ABS standard, vibration free handlebars, lighter rear frame, engine spoiler standard, cornering ABS and noticeably smaller fairing.
Popularity & How Many Left