BMW S1000XR For Sale
The 2015 BMW S1000XR is a premium adventure style bike with some very sporty credentials and is powered by a 999cc inline four which puts out 160bhp. It's a cunning mix of S1000RR real world speed and R1200GS usability.
What Is It?
- Comfort, speed, practicality, perfect all rounder
- Pretty expensive with all the options, can be costly on tyres
BMW's sports adventure cross is powered by a liquid cooled 999cc inline four cylinder engine, putting out 160bhp at 11,000rpm and maximum torque at 9,250rpm.
- Aluminium alloy perimeter frame and swingarm
- Dual 320mm discs up front with Brembo 2 piston calipers
- 265mm disc at the rear with single piston caliper
- ABS with off mode and steel mesh wrapped brake lines
- Traction control / Automatic Stability Control (ASC)
- Adjustable 46mm upside down fork with 150mm travel
- Rear shock with rebound adjustment and 140mm travel
- Steering damper
- Stainless Steel exhaust system, low down to allow for panniers both sides
- Manually adjustable two position screen
- 55W high and low beam headlights
- 12V socket next to the dash
- Adjustable shift flasher
- 6 speed gearbox
It's a cunning combination of the torque heavy S1000R engine and instruments, geometry of the hugely popular R1200GS and front end looks with asymmetrical side fairings inspired by the S1000RR superbike. Compared to the GS it has less suspension travel and chain final drive rather than shaft drive. The chassis is similar to the S1000R but re-engineered for touring load carrying while the swingarm is 65cm longer for stability while fully loaded.
The standard ASC comes with road and rain riding modes but can be upgraded with the Pro riding modes (£275) option to add Dynamic and Dynamic Pro modes. Rain mode offers gentler throttle response and prevents the front wheel lifting for low grip conditions while Dynamic Pro basically turns off the anti wheelie system, traction control and ABS via a small code key under the seat. There are also Dynamic Traction Control (DTC) and ABS Pro options. ABS Pro is the system from the HP4 superbike and improves braking while cornering.
For shorter riders there a chassis lowering option which reduces front travel to 120mm and rear to 110mm. The 10-spoke 17" cast Aluminium wheels take a 120/70 tyre up front and 190/55 at the rear. For storage options there are 31 litre panniers and 30 litre topbox, with potential for 10kg load either side and 5kg on top.
Options include Dynamic Suspension Adjustment [Dynamic ESA] (£755), quick shifter [Gear Shift Assist Pro] (£385), LED daytime running light between the two headlights (£265) - check the pics above, heated grips (£240), cruise control (£395), hand guards (£70), Akrapovic silencer, tinted screen, low seat and centre stand (£110).
- Touring package (£1,250): Dynamic ESA, heated grips, pannier mountings, sat nav prep, centre stand and luggage grip
- Sport/Dynamic package (£900): Pro riding modes, DTC, ABS Pro, Gear Assist Pro, cruise control and LED indicators
2017: It's now Euro 4 compliant, vibrations through the handlebars have been fixed, power is up to 165bhp and max payload is up 10kg.
- 2015: Red, white
- 2016: Red, white, white/red/grey (£420)
- 2017: Red, white, white/red/grey, blue
- 2018: Red, blue, blue/white/red (with red detailing on seat), black
Something wrong? Let us know.
Bikes for Sale (14)
- 1 of 5
Sell Your Bike
Sell your bike with WeWantYourMotorbike today. Just pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours - easy peasy.
Parts & Accessories
Check out this review from BaronVonGrumble:
and what it can do on a track day:
How many bikes like this are around, by year of production, including those licensed for use on the road and those off the road with a Statutory Off Road Notification (SORN).
|Year||On The Road||Off The Road||Total Around|