BMW S1000XR For Sale
Insurance Costs: 10 of 10
Current Prices: £11,150–£7,250
Launch RRP: £12,450
Power: 160 bhp
Engine: 999 cc, 12,000 rpm red line, 160 mph top speed
Economy: 40 mpg
Range: 180 miles from the 20.0 litre tank
Seat Height: 840 mm
Weight: 228 kg (wet)
What Is It?
The BMW S1000XR is a premium adventure style bike with some very sporty credentials and is powered by a liquid cooled 999cc inline four cylinder engine, putting out 160bhp at 11,000rpm and maximum torque at 9,250rpm.
- Aluminium frame and swingarm
- Dual 320mm discs up front with Brembo 2 piston calipers
- 265mm disc at the rear with single piston caliper
- ABS with off mode
- Adjustable 46mm upside down fork with 150mm travel
- Rear shock with rebound adjustment and 140mm travel
- Traction control (ASC), anti-wheelie
- Ride modes: Road, Rain
- Steering damper, braided brake lines
- 4->1 exhaust system
- 2-level screen, 12V socket
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
It's a combination of the S1000R engine and instruments, R1200GS geometry and front end looks from the S1000RR superbike. The chassis is similar to the S1000R but re-engineered for touring loads and the swingarm is 65cm longer for stability while loaded. The 10-spoke 17" wheels take a 120/70 tyre up front and 190/55 at the rear.
- Touring Pack (£1,250): ESA, heated grips, pannier mountings, sat nav prep, centre stand
- Sport Pack (£900): Pro riding modes, DTC, ABS Pro, quickshifter, cruise control, LED indicators
Options include electronic suspension (ESA, £755), Pro riding modes (£275), cornering ABS, quickshifter (£385), LED DRL (£265), heated grips (£240), cruise control (£395), hand guards (£70), Akrapovic silencer, tinted screen, low seat, 31 litre panniers, 30 litre top box and centre stand (£110).
- 2015: Red, white
- 2016: Red, white, white/red/grey (£420)
- 2017: Red, white, white/red/grey, blue
- 2018: Red, blue, blue/white/red (with red detailing on seat), black
2017: Euro 4 compliant, vibrations through the handlebars fixed, power up to 165bhp and max payload up 10kg.
Check out this video review from BaronVonGrumble.
Something wrong? Let us know.
Bikes for Sale (20)
- 1 of 7
Sell Your Bike
Pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation from WeWantYourMotorbike and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours:
|Year||On The Road||Off The Road||Total||For Sale|
|2015||471||79||550||99 / month|
|2016||667||60||727||100 / month|
|2017||607||51||658||150 / month|
|2018||668||-||668||97 / month|
|2019||Data not yet available||70 / month|
Stats include those licenced for use on the road and those off the road with a SORN, by year of production. Source: DVLA
If you know the registration number / VRM you can check the current tax state using Gov.uk