KTM 1290 Super Adventure R Bikes For Sale
- Seat Height: Average (880 mm / 34.6 inches)
- Dry Weight: Heavy (221 kg / 487 lbs)
- Fuel Capacity: Very High (23.0 litres / 6.1 US gallons)
- Economy: Average (45 mpg / 6.3 l/100km / 15.9 km/l)
- Range: High (230 miles / 370 km)
- Top Speed: Very High (165 mph / 265 km/h)
- Capacity: Very High (1,301 cc)
- Power: Very High (158 bhp / 118 kW)
- Redline: Average (10,000 rpm)
- Road Tax / VED: Very High (£101 Per Year)
- Launch RRP: £16,000
Sell Your Bike
Price Guide & Used Prices
Gear & Accessories
Review In A Few
What Is It?
The KTM 1290 Super Adventure R is a premium adventure style bike and is powered by a Euro 5 compliant liquid cooled 1,301 cc 75° V-Twin engine, producing 158.2 bhp at 9,000 rpm and maximum torque at 6,500 rpm.
- Steel tubular frame with Aluminium swingarm
- Dual 320 mm discs up front with Brembo four piston calipers
- 267 mm disc at the rear with Brembo two piston caliper
- Bosch 10.3ME cornering ABS with rear wheel off mode
- Adjustable 48 mm WP XPLOR fork with 220 mm travel
- Adjustable WP XPLOR shock with 220 mm travel
- WP steering damper
- 4-level lean angle aware traction control
- Ride modes: Rain (100 bhp), Road, Sport, Off-Road (100 bhp)
- Adjustable 7" TFT dash with connectivity
- Keyless start
- LED lighting with cornering headlight
- Self-cancelling indicators
- Hand adjustable screen over 55 mm
- Adjustable pegs, bars and levers
- Slip and assist clutch
- 2->2 exhaust system
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
- Engine bars
- 12V socket
- Belly pan
- Centre stand
Compared to the 2017-2020 Super Adventure R there's a new Euro 5 exhaust, a new dual radiator setup, shorter frame and a 15 mm longer swingarm.
There's also a faster optional quickshifter, electronic fuel cap release, USB powered phone compartment on the fuel tank, upgraded handguards, new backlit switchgear, larger upgraded dash, 10 mm larger rear disc and the seat height is 10 mm lower however it weighs 4 kg more.
The wire-spoked 21" front wheel takes a Bridgestone Battlax A41 120/70 tyre and the rear 18" a 170/60.
Options include the Akrapovic slip-on silencer, quickshifter, Motor Slip Regulator, adaptive brake light, hill hold control, heated grips, heated seat, comfort seat, Rally mode, heavy duty spoked wheels, knobbly tyres and a range of luggage options.