KTM 1290 Super Adventure R
It's powered by a Euro 4 compliant liquid cooled 1,301cc 75° V-Twin, producing 158.2bhp at around 8,700rpm and maximum torque around 6,700rpm. It's based on the Super Duke R engine and most of the torque is already available at 2,500rpm. RRP is £14,500.
- Steel trellis frame (9.8kg) with die-cast swingarm
- Dual 320mm discs up front with Brembo 2 piston calipers
- 257mm disc at the rear with Brembo 2 piston caliper
- Bosch 9ME corner aware ABS with rear wheel off mode
- 48mm WP semi-active suspension with 220mm travel
- WP semi-active shock with 220mm travel
- WP steering damper, slip and assist clutch
- Cruise control, traction control
- Tyre pressure monitoring linked to dash
- Light adapting 6.5" TFT dashboard, keyless start, handguards
- LED lighting with cornering headlight and position lights
- Waterproof mobile pocket with USB
- Adjustable windscreen, centre stand
- Adjustable bars, seat, pegs and levers
- 6 speed gearbox
WP's semi-active suspension has Comfort, Street, Sport and 100bhp Off Road modes but within each it continually adapts to the surface condition. The rear shock also has four settings for pre-load for one/two up with or without luggage. Speaking of luggage the floating rear carrier is designed to keep it stable at speeds way beyond most.
Over the £14,300 1290 S you get larger off-road focused wire spoked wheels, 20mm more travel, a 30mm higher seat, smaller sport screen with 50mm travel, one piece seat, orange frame and protection bars but 2kg is added to the weight.
Or for £15,500 the 1290 T gets you a larger 30 litre fuel tank, Hill Hold Control, Motor Slip Regulator and heated grips/seats but it pushes the wet weight up to 249kg. Surprisingly for the highest price of the three versions the T doesn't get the fancy TFT dash or integrated cornering headlight.
The wire spoked 21" front wheel takes a 120/70 Pirelli Scorpion Trail II tyre and the rear 18" a 170/60. Service interval is 9,300 miles.
Options include a headlight protector (£74), skid plate (£233), radiator grill (£66), LED foglamps (£392), up/down quickshifter (£334), Motor Slip Regulator / Drag Torque Control (£121), Hill Hold Control (£152), panniers (£832), top case (£417), tank bag (£133), single piece comfort seat (£417), rider's heated seat (£209), pillion's heated seat (£117), Akrapovic slip-on (£835) and various Carbon bits.
- Comfort package (£554): Heated seat (rider and pillion), heated grips, gps holder
- Sound & Style package (£1,172): Akrapovic slips on, Carbon side fairings, Carbon exhaust heat protector, swingarm pivot covers
- Touring package (£1,337): Panniers, top case, tank bag
We want to hear about your bike or scooter and the story behind it. Why you bought it, what's good, what's bad and what you have changed over the years: firstname.lastname@example.org
Also if we've missed something vital or got something laughably wrong about this model please let us know and we will love you forever.
Prices Updated: 12th December 2017
Finance your next bike with Superbike Loans, the UK's number one bike finance specialist. Get a decision within one hour.
Value Your Bike
Get a full valuation from We Want Your Motorbike today. Just pop in your reg number and a few bike details, get the valuation and they'll pay for your bike within 24 hours - easy peasy.
Bikes for Sale (7)
£14,499 eBay, 13th December
KTM 1301 Superadventure, Adventure
£13,499 eBay, 13th December
Redline Motorcycles www.ktm4u.co.uk 01509 230001
£14,499 eBay, 13th December
Insurance groups vary widely by insurer with anywhere from 17 to 65 groups but our simple scale gives you a rough idea of how wallet busting it's likely to be. How to save on insurance.
Insurance Group: 10 of 10
We want to hear about your bike or scooter and the story behind it. Why you bought it, what's good, what's bad and what you have changed over the years. Tell us about it in 2017 and you could win £500!
Check out this review from 44Teeth: