KTM 1290 Super Adventure R For Sale
The KTM 1290 Super Adventure R is a premium adventure style bike and is powered by a 1,301cc V-Twin engine which puts out 158bhp. The S version is more road focused while the T version offers far more range.
What Is It?
It's powered by a Euro 4 compliant liquid cooled 1,301cc 75° V-Twin, producing 158.2bhp at around 8,700rpm and maximum torque around 6,700rpm. It's based on the Super Duke R engine and most of the torque is already available at 2,500rpm.
- Steel trellis frame (9.8kg) with die-cast swingarm
- Dual 320mm discs up front with Brembo 2 piston calipers
- 257mm disc at the rear with Brembo 2 piston caliper
- Bosch 9ME corner aware ABS with rear wheel off mode
- 48mm WP semi-active suspension with 220mm travel
- WP semi-active shock with 220mm travel
- WP steering damper, slip and assist clutch
- Cruise control, traction control
- Tyre pressure monitoring linked to dash
- Light adapting 6.5" TFT dashboard, keyless start, handguards
- LED lighting with cornering headlight and position lights
- Waterproof mobile pocket with USB
- Adjustable windscreen, centre stand
- Adjustable bars, seat, pegs and levers
- 6 speed gearbox
WP's semi-active suspension has Comfort, Street, Sport and 100bhp Off Road modes but within each it continually adapts to the surface condition. The rear shock also has four settings for pre-load for one/two up with or without luggage. Speaking of luggage the floating rear carrier is designed to keep it stable at speeds way beyond road limits.
Over the £14,300 1290 S you get larger off-road focused wire spoked wheels, 20mm more travel, a 30mm higher seat, smaller sport screen with 50mm travel, one piece seat, orange frame and protection bars but 2kg is added to the weight.
Or for £15,500 the 1290 T gets you a larger 30 litre fuel tank, Hill Hold Control, Motor Slip Regulator and heated grips/seats but it pushes the wet weight up to 249kg. Surprisingly for the highest price of the three versions the T doesn't get the fancy TFT dash or integrated cornering headlight.
The wire spoked 21" front wheel takes a 120/70 Pirelli Scorpion Trail II tyre and the rear 18" a 170/60. Service interval is 9,300 miles.
Options include a headlight protector (£74), skid plate (£233), radiator grill (£66), LED foglamps (£392), up/down quickshifter (£334), Motor Slip Regulator / Drag Torque Control (£121), Hill Hold Control (£152), panniers (£832), top case (£417), tank bag (£133), single piece comfort seat (£417), rider's heated seat (£209), pillion's heated seat (£117), Akrapovic slip-on (£835) and various Carbon bits.
- Comfort package (£554): Heated seat (rider and pillion), heated grips, gps holder
- Sound & Style package (£1,172): Akrapovic slips on, Carbon side fairings, Carbon exhaust heat protector, swingarm pivot covers
- Touring package (£1,337): Panniers, top case, tank bag
Did You Know?
The Off-Road One
Something wrong? Let us know.
Bikes for Sale (13)
- 1 of 5
Sell Your Bike
Sell your bike with WeWantYourMotorbike today. Just pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours - easy peasy.
We work out the price guide ourselves, independent from any other organisation, so you can easily get a rough valuation or an idea of what it's worth.
|Use the code thebikemarket at the checkout for a cheeky little discount!|
We thoroughly recommend Petrolhead Detailing for all your cleaning, detailing and paint correction needs. They really know their stuff!
Check out this video review from 44Teeth.