KTM 1290 Super Adventure R For Sale
Insurance Costs: 10 of 10
Current Prices: £15,050–£8,700
What Is It?
The KTM 1290 Super Adventure R is a premium adventure style bike and is powered by a Euro 4 compliant liquid cooled 1,301 cc 75° V-Twin, producing 158.2 bhp at around 8,700 rpm and maximum torque around 6,700 rpm. It's based on the Super Duke R engine and most of the torque is already available at 2,500 rpm.
- Steel tubular frame with Aluminium swingarm
- Dual 320 mm discs up front with Brembo four piston calipers
- 257 mm disc at the rear with Brembo two piston caliper
- Bosch 9ME cornering ABS with rear wheel off mode
- 48 mm WP semi-active suspension with 220 mm travel
- WP semi-active shock with 220 mm travel
- WP steering damper, slip and assist clutch
- Cruise control, traction control, TPMS
- Light adapting 6.5" TFT dash, keyless start, handguards
- LED lighting with cornering headlight
- Waterproof mobile pocket with USB
- Adjustable screen, centre stand
- Adjustable bars, seat, pegs and levers
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
WP's semi-active suspension has Comfort, Street, Sport and Off Road modes but within each it continually adapts to the surface condition. The rear shock also has four settings for pre-load for one / two up with or without luggage.
Speaking of luggage the floating rear carrier is designed to keep it stable at speeds way beyond road limits. The wire spoked 21" front wheel takes a 120/70 Pirelli Scorpion Trail II tyre and the rear 18" a 170/60.
Over the £14,300 1290 S you get larger off-road focused wire spoked wheels, 20 mm more travel, a 30 mm higher seat, smaller sport screen with 50 mm travel, one piece seat, orange frame and protection bars but 2 kg is added to the weight.
Options include the skid plate (£233), radiator guard (£66), LED fog lamps (£392), up/down quickshifter (£334), Motor Slip Regulator / Drag Torque Control (£121), Hill Hold Control (£152), panniers (£832), top case (£417), comfort seat (£417), heated seat (£209), Akrapovic slip-on (£835) and various Carbon bits.
- Comfort package (£554): Heated seats (rider and pillion), heated grips, GPS holder
- Sound & Style package (£1,172): Akrapovic slips on, Carbon side fairings, Carbon exhaust heat protector, swingarm pivot covers
- Touring package (£1,337): Panniers, top case, tank bag
For even longer off-road trips the £15,500 the 1290 T gets you a larger 30 litre fuel tank, Hill Hold Control, Motor Slip Regulator and heated grips/seats but it pushes the wet weight up to 249 kg. Surprisingly for the highest price of the three versions the T doesn't get the fancy TFT dash or integrated cornering headlight.
Capacity: 1,301 cc (very high)
Power: 158 bhp / 118 kW (very high)
Red Line: 10,000 rpm (average)
Top Speed: 165 mph / 265 km/h (very high)
Economy: 40 mpg / 7.1 L/100km (average)
Range: 200 miles / 322 km (high)
Fuel Capacity: 23.0 litres / 5.1 gallons (very high)
Seat Height: 890 mm / 35.0 inches (high)
Wet Weight: 240 kg / 529 pounds (heavy)
Dry Weight: 217 kg / 478 pounds
Launch RRP: £14,500
Check out this video review from 44Teeth.
Something wrong? Let us know.
Create An Alert
Pop in your email address for updates when we see new similar adverts for sale:
- It's super easy to cancel it with just one click.
- Your email will only be used for these alerts.
- You can have one active alert at any one time.
- The alert will time out after 30 days.
Sell Your Bike
Pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation from WeWantYourMotorbike and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours:
Popularity & How Many Left
|Year||On The Road||Off The Road||Total||For Sale|
|2017||72||4||76||5 / month|
|2018||103||-||103||24 / month|
|2019||Data coming soon...||280 / month|