KTM 1290 Super Adventure T For Sale
What Is It?
The KTM 1290 Super Adventure T is a premium adventure style bike and is powered by a Euro 4 compliant liquid cooled 1,301 cc 75° V-Twin, producing 158.2 bhp at around 8,700 rpm and maximum torque around 6,700 rpm. It's based on the Super Duke R engine and most of the torque is available at 2,500 rpm.
- Steel tubular frame with Aluminium swingarm
- Dual 320 mm discs up front with Brembo four piston calipers
- 257 mm disc at the rear with Brembo two piston caliper
- Bosch 9ME cornering ABS with rear wheel off mode
- 48 mm WP semi-active suspension with 200 mm travel
- WP semi-active shock with 200 mm travel
- WP steering damper
- Slip and assist clutch
- Cruise control
- Traction control
- LED lighting and position lights
- Adjustable screen, bars, seat, pegs and levers
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
- Centre stand
Compared to the outgoing 1290 Super Adventure you get a new screen adjustment mechanism, Euro 4 compliance and the floating pannier rack.
Over the Super Adventure R you get the tall screen, larger fuel tank, Hill Hold Control, Motor Slip Regulator and heated grips/seats but it all adds 5 kg and the wet weight is up to 249 kg due to the larger 30 litre fuel tank.
You also get the lower seat, shorter travel suspension, smaller 19"/17" wheels and tall screen of the 1290 S but surprisingly, for the price, not the fancy colour dash or the cornering lights.
WP's semi-active suspension has Comfort, Street, Sport and Off Road modes but within each it continually adapts to the surface condition. The rear shock also has four settings for pre-load for one / two up with or without luggage.
Speaking of luggage the floating rear carrier is designed to keep it stable at speeds way beyond road limits.
The wire spoked 19" front wheel takes a 120/70 Pirelli Scorpion Trail II tyre and the rear 17" a 170/60.
Accessories include an up/down quickshifter, panniers, top case, tank bag, rider's heated seat, Akrapovic slip-on and various Carbon bits.
- Sound & Style package (£1,172): Akrapovic slips on, Carbon side fairings, Carbon exhaust heat protector, swingarm pivot covers
- Touring package (£1,337): Panniers, top case, tank bag
Did You Know?
T stands for Touring.
Launch RRP: £15,500
Capacity: 1,301 cc (very high)
Power: 158 bhp / 118 kW (very high)
Red Line: 10,000 rpm (average)
Top Speed: 165 mph / 265 km/h (very high)
Economy: 40 mpg / 7.1 L/100km (average)
Range: 260 miles / 418 km (very high)
Fuel Capacity: 30.0 litres / 6.6 gallons (very high)
Seat Height: 860 mm / 33.9 inches (average)
Wet Weight: 249 kg / 549 pounds (heavy)
Dry Weight: 222 kg / 490 pounds
Power to Weight: 0.635 bhp/kg / 0.473 kW/kg
Check out this video review from TheMissendenFlyer.
Create An Alert
Pop in your email address for updates when we see new similar adverts for sale:
- It's super easy to cancel it with just one click.
- Your email will only be used for these alerts.
- You can have one active alert at any one time.
- The alert will time out after 30 days.
Bikes For Sale (1)
Sell Your Bike
Pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation from WeWantYourMotorbike and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours:
Popularity & How Many Left