KTM 1290 Super Adventure T For Sale
The KTM 1290 Super Adventure T is a premium adventure style bike and is powered by a 1,301cc V-Twin engine which puts out 158bhp. The S version is more road focused while the R version offers less range.
What Is It?
It's powered by a Euro 4 compliant liquid cooled 1,301cc 75° V-Twin, producing 158.2bhp at around 8,700rpm and maximum torque around 6,700rpm. It's based on the Super Duke R engine and most of the torque is already available at 2,500rpm.
- Steel trellis frame (9.8kg) with die-cast swingarm
- Dual 320mm discs up front with Brembo 2 piston calipers
- 257mm disc at the rear with Brembo 2 piston caliper
- Bosch 9ME corner aware ABS with rear wheel off mode
- 48mm WP semi-active suspension with 200mm travel
- WP semi-active shock with 200mm travel
- WP steering damper, slip and assist clutch
- Cruise control, traction control
- Tyre pressure monitoring linked to dash
- LED lighting and position lights
- LED cornering lights in the side fairings
- Adjustable windscreen, centre stand
- Adjustable bars, seat, pegs and levers
- 6 speed gearbox
Compared to the outgoing 1290 Super Adventure you get a new screen adjustment mechanism, Euro 4 compliance and the floating pannier rack.
WP's semi-active suspension has Comfort, Street, Sport and 100bhp Off Road modes but within each it continually adapts to the surface condition. The rear shock also has four settings for pre-load for one/two up with or without luggage. Speaking of luggage the floating rear carrier is designed to keep it stable at speeds way beyond road limits.
Over the 1290 R you get the tall screen, larger fuel tank, Hill Hold Control, Motor Slip Regulator and heated grips/seats but it all adds 5kg to the dry weight and the wet weight is up to 249kg due to the larger 30 litre fuel tank. You also get the lower seat, smaller travel suspension, smaller 19"/17" wheels and tall screen of the 1290 S but surprisingly, for the price, not the fancy colour TFT dash or the integrated cornering headlight.
The wire spoke 19" front wheel takes a 120/70 Pirelli Scorpion Trail II tyre and the rear 17" a 170/60. Service interval is 9,300 miles.
Options include an up/down quickshifter, panniers, top case, tank bag, rider's heated seat, Akrapovic slip-on and various Carbon bits.
- Sound & Style package (£1,172): Akrapovic slips on, Carbon side fairings, Carbon exhaust heat protector, swingarm pivot covers
- Touring package (£1,337): Panniers, top case, tank bag
Did You Know?
The Long Distance One: T stands for Touring
Something wrong? Let us know.
Bikes for Sale (1)
Sell Your Bike
Sell your bike with WeWantYourMotorbike today. Just pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours - easy peasy.
Parts & Accessories
Check out this review from TheMissendenFlyer: