BMW S1000XR Bikes For Sale
- Seat Height: Average (840 mm / 33.1 inches)
- Weight: Heavy (228 kg / 503 lbs)
- Fuel Capacity: High (20.0 litres / 5.3 US gallons)
- Economy: Average (40 mpg / 7.1 l/100km / 14.2 km/l)
- Range: High (180 miles / 290 km)
- Top Speed: Very High (160 mph / 257 km/h)
- Capacity: High (999 cc)
- Power: Very High (160 bhp / 119 kW)
- Power to Weight: High (0.702 bhp/kg / 0.523 kW/kg)
- Redline: High (12,000 rpm)
- Road Tax / VED: Very High (£101 Per Year)
- Launch RRP: £12,450
For Sale (36)
Sell Your Bike
Price Guide & Used Prices
Gear & Accessories
Review In A Few
Check out this video review from BaronVonGrumble.
What Is It?
The BMW S1000XR is a premium adventure style bike with some very sporty credentials and is powered by a liquid cooled 999 cc inline four cylinder engine, putting out 160 bhp at 11,000 rpm and maximum torque at 9,250 rpm.
- Aluminium frame and swingarm
- Dual 320 mm discs up front with Brembo four piston calipers
- 265 mm disc at the rear with single piston caliper
- ABS with off mode
- Adjustable 46 mm upside down fork with 150 mm travel
- Rear shock with rebound adjustment and 140 mm travel
- Traction control (ASC)
- Ride modes: Road, Rain
- Steering damper
- Braided brake lines
- 4->1 exhaust system
- 2-level screen
- 12V socket
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
It's a combination of the S1000R engine and instruments, R1200GS geometry and front end looks from the S1000RR superbike. The chassis is similar to the S1000R but re-engineered for touring loads and the swingarm is 65cm longer for stability while loaded. The 10-spoke 17" wheels take a 120/70 tyre up front and 190/55 at the rear.
- Touring Pack (£1,250): ESA, heated grips, pannier mountings, sat nav prep, centre stand
- Sport Pack (£900): Pro riding modes, DTC, ABS Pro, quickshifter, cruise control, LED indicators
Options include electronic suspension (ESA, £755), Pro riding modes (£275), cornering ABS, quickshifter (£385), LED DRL (£265), heated grips (£240), cruise control (£395), hand guards (£70), Akrapovic silencer, tinted screen, low seat, 31 litre panniers, 30 litre top box and centre stand (£110).
- 2015: Red, white
- 2016: Red, white, white/red/grey (£420)
- 2017: Red, white, white/red/grey, blue
- 2018-2019: Red, blue, blue/white/red (with red detailing on seat), black
Model History & Updates
2017: Euro 4 compliant, vibrations through the handlebars fixed, power up to 165 bhp and max payload up 10 kg.
Popularity & How Many Left