XT1200ZE Super Ténéré For Sale
What Is It?
The Yamaha XT1200ZE Super Ténéré is a premium adventure bike and is powered by a liquid cooled 1,199 cc 270° parallel twin engine, producing 110.5 bhp at 7,250 rpm and maximum torque at 6,000 rpm.
- Steel tubular frame
- Dual 310 mm wavy discs up front with four piston calipers
- 282 mm wavy disc at the rear with single piston caliper
- Combined ABS system
- Adjustable KYB 43 mm upside down fork with 190 mm travel
- Adjustable KYB rear shock with 190 mm travel
- 2-level traction control with off mode
- Cruise control, two ride modes
- 845 mm / 870 mm adjustable seat
- 4-level adjustable screen
- 12V socket near the dash
- 2->1 exhaust system
- 6 speed gearbox
Unusually the radiator is on the left side so the engine could be mounted further forward, balanced by the battery on the other side and final drive is via shaft.
Compared to the £1,800 cheaper XT1200Z you get electronically adjustable suspension with 84 possible settings, pillion grab rails, top box mount, heated grips and centre stand. It also has all of the 2014 updates to the original 2010 Z, specifically the dash update with gear position indicator, more easily adjustable screen, LED indicators as standard, small engine tweaks, cruise control and new Aluminium handlebars.
The front lever operates both brakes and the rear lever just the rear brake, unless you touch the rear brake lever first in which case they operate independently. The wire spoked 19" front wheel take a 110/80 tyre and the rear 17" a 150/70.
Accessories include a Titanium slip-on muffler (£791), Carbon side panels (£564), fork protectors (£416), LED fog lights (£384), Aluminium top case (£321), engine bars (£285), 35 mm lower seat (£238), belly pan (£134), tall screen (£170), LED indicators (£96 front/rear) and knobbly off-road tyres.
The Worldcrosser accessory pack includes Carbon frame protectors / side panels / fork protectors, Aluminium rear brake protector / drive shaft protector, belly pan, tank pads and graphics.
- 2014: White, blue (both with gold fork)
- 2015-2016: Grey (gold fork), silver (blue fork)
- 2017-2018: Black (gold fork), blue (black fork), white (2019)
2018: Raid Edition introduced with panniers, tall screen, wind deflectors, belly pan, Carbon side panels and LED fog lights.
Review In A Few
- Plenty of low down power
- Build quality and comfort
- It's up against the best selling GS
- On the heavy side
Launch RRP: £13,200
Capacity: 1,199 cc (very high)
Power: 111 bhp / 83 kW (high)
Red Line: 7,800 rpm (average)
Top Speed: 150 mph / 241 km/h (very high)
Economy: 45 mpg / 6.3 L/100km (average)
Range: 230 miles / 370 km (high)
Fuel Capacity: 23.0 litres / 5.1 gallons (very high)
Seat Height: 845 mm / 33.3 inches (average)
Wet Weight: 265 kg / 584 pounds (very heavy)
Power to Weight: 0.419 bhp/kg / 0.312 kW/kg
Check out this video review from CagerOnTwoWheels.
Create An Alert
Pop in your email address for updates when we see new similar adverts for sale:
- It's super easy to cancel it with just one click.
- Your email will only be used for these alerts.
- You can have one active alert at any one time.
- The alert will time out after 30 days.
Sell Your Bike
Pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation from WeWantYourMotorbike and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours:
Popularity & How Many Left