Ducati Multistrada 1200 For Sale
Insurance Costs: 10 of 10
Current Prices: £7,950–£4,850
What Is It?
The Ducati Multistrada 1200 is a premium adventure bike and is powered by a Euro 3 compliant liquid cooled 1,198.4cc V-Twin Testastretta engine, producing 147.9bhp at 9,250rpm and maximum power at 7,500rpm. The engine is a de-tuned version of the 1198 Superbike.
- Steel tubular frame with Aluminium single-sided swingarm
- Dual 320mm discs up front with Brembo 2 piston calipers
- 245mm disc at the rear with single piston caliper
- Adjustable 50mm Marzocchi upside down fork with 170mm travel
- Adjustable Sachs rear shock with 170mm travel
- Slipper clutch, adjustable mirrors
- 4 riding modes, 8 level traction control
- Aluminium/Steel 2->1->2 exhaust system
- Two 12V sockets either side of the seat
- LED tail light, indicators and position lights
- Keyless start, adjustable screen
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
You have Urban, Touring, Sport and Enduro modes to choose from. Sport firms up the suspension, provides aggressive power delivery and minimises traction control while Touring offers smoother power delivery and mid-level traction control.
Urban mode limits power to 100bhp with smooth delivery and sets the suspension to handle potholes in town, with traction control set to level 7. At the extreme you then have Enduro mode with the same limited 100bhp, longest travel on the suspension, minimal traction control and the facility to turn off the optional ABS.
Storage is pretty good even without the optional luggage, with a small glovebox in the right fairing and 3 litres under the pillion seat. The 10-spoke 17" wheels take a 120/70 Pirelli Scorpion Trail tyre at the front and a 190/55 at the rear.
Options include Bosch ABS, rear hugger, 57 or 77 litre quick release panniers, 48 litre top box, 25mm lower seat, heated grips, tyre pressure monitor, electric filler cap, centre stand, side bars and various carbon bits.
- 2010-2012: Red, white
- 2013-2014: Red, silver
If you have more cash to splash the more expensive and better selling 1200 S gets you Ohlins electrically adjustable suspension and ABS as standard but weighs 3kg more. It can automatically adjust to having a pillion with or without luggage.
2012: ABS now standard, new seat and software update but dry weight is up 3kg to 194kg.
2013: Revised engine, Bosch 9ME ABS, new headlight with LED low beam, 1199 Panigale style wheels, larger adjustable screen, bigger glove box and minor tweaks to front fairing but dry weight is up 2kg to 196kg.
Capacity: 1,198 cc (very high)
Power: 148 bhp / 110 kW (high)
Red Line: 10,000 rpm (average)
Top Speed: 155 mph / 249 km/h (very high)
Economy: 40 mpg / 14.2 kpl / 7.1 L/100km (average)
Range: 180 miles / 290 km (high)
Fuel Capacity: 20.0 litres / 4.4 gallons (high)
Seat Height: 850 mm / 33.5 inches (average)
Wet Weight: 217 kg / 478 pounds (heavy)
Dry Weight: 189 kg / 417 pounds
Launch RRP: £11,000
Check out this video review from The Crumble.
Something wrong? Let us know.
Create An Alert
Pop in your email address and we can send you daily updates when we see new adverts like this appearing:
- It's super easy to cancel it with just one click.
- Your email will only be used for these alerts.
- You can have one active alert at any one time.
- The alert will time out after 30 days.
Bikes for Sale (16)
- 1 of 6
Sell Your Bike
Pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation from WeWantYourMotorbike and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours:
Popularity & How Many Left
|Year||On The Road||Off The Road||Total||For Sale|
|2010||100||32||132||80 / month|
|2011||86||26||112||46 / month|
|2012||66||16||82||24 / month|
|2013||91||26||117||98 / month|
|2014||71||15||86||140 / month|