XT1200Z Super Ténéré For Sale
Insurance Costs: 9 of 10
Current Prices: £12,050–£4,650
What Is It?
The Yamaha XT1200Z Super Ténéré is a premium adventure bike and is powered by a liquid cooled 1,199 cc 270° parallel twin engine, producing 110.5 bhp at 7,250 rpm and maximum torque at 6,000 rpm.
- Steel tubular frame
- Dual 310 mm wavy discs up front with four piston calipers
- 282 mm wavy disc at the rear with single piston caliper
- ABS and combined braking system
- Adjustable 43 mm upside down fork with 190 mm travel
- Adjustable rear shock with 190 mm travel
- 2-level traction control with off mode, 2 ride modes
- Adjustable 845 mm / 870 mm seat
- Tool adjustable screen
- 12V socket near the dash
- 2->1 exhaust system
- 6 speed gearbox
Unusually the radiator is on the left side so the engine can be mounted further forward, balanced by the battery on the other side and the final drive is via shaft.
Like Yamaha's other other models fitted with their unified braking system (C-ABS) the front lever operates both brakes and the rear lever just the rear brake, unless you touch the rear brake lever first in which case they operate independently. The wire spoked 19" front wheel takes a 110/80 tyre and the rear 17" a 150/70.
Accessories include a Titanium slip-on muffler (£791), Carbon side panels (£564), fork protectors (£416), LED fog lights (£384), Aluminium top case (£321), engine bars (£285), heated grips (£270), 35 mm lower seat (£238), belly pan (£134), tall screen (£170), pillion grab rails (£162), centre stand (£151), LED indicators (£96 front/rear) and knobbly off-road tyres.
- 2014: Black, blue (both with gold fork)
- 2015-2016: Silver/blue (blue fork)
- 2017-2018: Black (gold fork), blue (black fork), white (2019)
The Worldcrosser accessory pack includes Carbon frame protectors, Carbon side panels, Carbon fork protectors, Aluminium rear brake protector / drive shaft protector, belly pan, tank pads and stick on graphics but adds 4kg to the weight.
The £1,800 more expensive XT1200ZE gets you electronically adjustable suspension, pillion grab rails, top box mount, heated grips and centre stand.
2014: Dash update with gear position indicator, more easily adjustable screen, LED indicators standard, small engine tweaks and new Aluminium handlebars.
Review In A Few
- Plenty of low down power, build quality, comfort, low centre of gravity
- It's up against the best selling GS, no gear position indicator, on the heavy side
Capacity: 1,199 cc (very high)
Power: 111 bhp / 83 kW (high)
Red Line: 7,800 rpm (average)
Top Speed: 150 mph / 241 km/h (very high)
Economy: 45 mpg / 6.3 L/100km (average)
Range: 230 miles / 370 km (high)
Fuel Capacity: 23.0 litres / 5.1 gallons (very high)
Seat Height: 845 mm / 33.3 inches (average)
Wet Weight: 257 kg / 567 pounds (very heavy)
Launch RRP: £11,400
Check out this video review from TheMissendenFlyer.
Something wrong? Let us know.
Create An Alert
Pop in your email address for updates when we see new similar adverts for sale:
- It's super easy to cancel it with just one click.
- Your email will only be used for these alerts.
- You can have one active alert at any one time.
- The alert will time out after 30 days.
Sell Your Bike
Pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation from WeWantYourMotorbike and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours:
Popularity & How Many Left
|Year||On The Road||Off The Road||Total||For Sale|
|2010||53||16||69||1 / month|
|2011||137||34||171||70 / month|
|2012||104||19||123||75 / month|
|2013||122||27||149||140 / month|
|2014||99||19||118||110 / month|
|2015||75||12||87||94 / month|
|2016||75||4||79||21 / month|
|2017||32||6||38||30 / month|
|2018||24||-||24||9 / month|
|2019||Data coming soon...||130 / month|