Triumph Tiger 1200 For Sale
Insurance Costs: 10 of 10
Current Prices: £7,200–£3,800
What Is It?
The Triumph Tiger Explorer is a premium adventure style bike and is powered by a liquid cooled 1,215 cc triple engine, producing 135.4 bhp at 9,300 rpm and maximum torque at 6,400 rpm.
- Steel tubular frame
- Shaft final drive / alloy single sided swingarm
- Dual 305 mm discs up front with Nissin four piston calipers
- 282 mm disc at the rear with Nissin two piston caliper
- ABS with off mode
- 46 mm KYB upside down fork with adjustable pre-load and 190 mm travel
- Adjustable KYB rear shock with 194 mm travel
- 3->1 Stainless Steel exhaust system
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
- 3-level traction control, cruise control
- Centre stand, angle adjustable screen
Seat height can be adjusted to 837 mm or 857 mm. The 10-spoke 19" front wheel takes a Metzeler Tourance 110/80 tyre and the rear 17" a 150/70.
Accessories include the panniers, powered top case, tall screen, heated seats, comfort seats, heated grips, LED fog lights, Aluminium sump guard, hand guards, engine bars, radiator guard, tyre pressure monitoring and Arrow silencer.
Colours: Black, grey, white, blue, red
For more serious off-road duties the £1,000 more expensive Tiger Explorer XC has wire spoked wheels, sump guard, engine bars, fog lights and hand guards however it is 8 kg heavier.
Review In A Few
- Loads of torque from 2,500-3,000rpm
- Very large and heavy
Capacity: 1,215 cc (very high)
Power: 135 bhp / 101 kW (high)
Red Line: 10,000 rpm (average)
Top Speed: 140 mph / 225 km/h (high)
Economy: 40 mpg / 7.1 L/100km (average)
Range: 180 miles / 290 km (high)
Fuel Capacity: 20.0 litres / 4.4 gallons (high)
Seat Height: 837 mm / 33.0 inches (average)
Dry Weight: 228 kg / 503 pounds
Launch RRP: £11,150
Something wrong? Let us know.
Create An Alert
Pop in your email address for updates when we see new similar adverts for sale:
- It's super easy to cancel it with just one click.
- Your email will only be used for these alerts.
- You can have one active alert at any one time.
- The alert will time out after 30 days.
Sell Your Bike
Pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation from WeWantYourMotorbike and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours:
Popularity & How Many Left
|Year||On The Road||Off The Road||Total||For Sale|
|2011||27||6||33||7 / month|
|2012||823||128||951||210 / month|
|2013||500||77||577||150 / month|
|2014||485||69||554||250 / month|
|2015||382||37||419||260 / month|