Ducati Multistrada 1200 For Sale
Insurance Costs: 10 of 10
Current Prices: £10,450–£7,050
Launch RRP: £13,000
Power: 158 bhp
Engine: 1,198 cc, 10,500 rpm red line, 160 mph top speed
Economy: 40 mpg
Range: 180 miles from the 20.0 litre tank
Seat Height: 825 mm
Weight: 232 kg (wet), 209 kg (dry)
What Is It?
The Ducati Multistrada 1200 is a premium adventure bike and is powered by a Euro 4 compliant liquid cooled 1,198.4cc V-Twin engine, producing 157.8bhp at 9,500rpm and maximum torque at 7,500rpm.
- Steel tubular frame with Aluminium single-sided swingarm
- Dual 320mm discs up front with Brembo 2 piston calipers
- 265mm disc at the rear with single piston caliper
- Bosch 9.1ME cornering ABS
- Adjustable 48mm upside down fork with 170mm travel
- Adjustable Sachs rear shock with 170mm travel
- Slipper clutch, adjustable mirrors
- 4 riding modes, 8 level traction control
- Cruise control, 8 level wheelie control (via the new IMU)
- 2->1->2 exhaust system
- Two 12V sockets front and back
- LED tail light, indicators and position lights
- Keyless start, adjustable screen (60mm), backlit controls
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
Compared to the 2010-2014 model you get a new Testastretta DVT Variable Valve Timing engine with a 10bhp increase, cornering ABS as standard, cruise control, the rear brake is 20mm bigger, the seat adjustable to 845mm and the 12V sockets have been re-positioned to be more usable but the bike weighs 15kg more.
You have Urban, Touring, Sport and Enduro modes to choose from. Sport provides aggressive power delivery and minimises traction control / wheelie control while Touring offers smoother power delivery and mid-level traction / wheelie control.
Urban mode limits power to 100bhp with smooth delivery, with traction / wheelie control set to a high level. At the extreme you then have Enduro mode with the same limited 100bhp, minimal traction / wheelie control and ABS set to off at the rear.
Storage is pretty good even without the optional luggage, with a small glovebox in the right fairing and a few litres under the pillion seat. The 3 Y-spoke 17" wheels take a 120/70 Pirelli Scorpion Trail II tyre at the front and a 190/55 at the rear.
- Touring Pack: Panniers, centre stand, heated grips
- Sport Pack: Termignoni exhaust, Carbon mudguard, billet reservoir caps
- Urban Pack: Top box, USB hub, tank bag
- Enduro Pack: LED fog lights, engine bars, radiator guard, belly pan, off road pegs, wider kick stand
Options include panniers, heated grips, tyre pressure monitor, centre stand, side bars, under seat USB socket, Titanium racing exhaust, tall GT screen and various Carbon / billet bits.
- 2015-2017: Red
The more expensive 1200 S gets you a fancy 5" colour TFT dash instead of the standard LCD, cornering LED headlights, new electrically adjustable Sachs suspension, Brembo Evo M50 calipers up front with 330mm discs and Bluetooth connectivity but it's 3kg heavier.
Something wrong? Let us know.
Bikes for Sale (6)
- 1 of 2
Sell Your Bike
Pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation from WeWantYourMotorbike and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours:
|Year||On The Road||Off The Road||Total||For Sale|
|2015||130||21||151||120 / month|
|2016||104||12||116||51 / month|
|2017||74||13||87||45 / month|
Stats include those licenced for use on the road and those off the road with a SORN, by year of production. Source: DVLA
If you know the registration number / VRM you can check the current tax state using Gov.uk