Ducati Multistrada 1200 For Sale
Insurance Costs: 10 of 10
Current Prices: £10,250–£6,800
What Is It?
The Ducati Multistrada 1200 is a premium adventure bike and is powered by a Euro 4 compliant liquid cooled 1,198.4 cc V-Twin engine, producing 157.8 bhp at 9,500 rpm and maximum torque at 7,500 rpm.
- Steel tubular frame with Aluminium single-sided swingarm
- Dual 320 mm discs up front with Brembo four piston calipers
- 265 mm disc at the rear with two piston caliper
- Bosch 9.1ME cornering ABS
- Adjustable 48 mm upside down fork with 170 mm travel
- Adjustable Sachs rear shock with 170 mm travel
- Slipper clutch, adjustable mirrors
- 4 riding modes, 8 level traction control
- Cruise control, 8 level wheelie control (via the new IMU)
- 2->1->2 exhaust system
- Two 12V sockets front and back
- LED tail light, indicators and position lights
- Keyless start, adjustable screen (60 mm), backlit controls
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
Compared to the 2010-2014 model you get a new Testastretta DVT Variable Valve Timing engine with a 10 bhp increase, cornering ABS as standard, cruise control, the rear brake is 20 mm bigger, the seat adjustable to 845 mm and the 12V sockets have been re-positioned to be more usable but the bike weighs 15 kg more.
You have Urban, Touring, Sport and Enduro modes to choose from. Sport provides aggressive power delivery and minimises traction control / wheelie control while Touring offers smoother power delivery and mid-level traction / wheelie control.
Urban mode limits power to 100 bhp with smooth delivery, with traction / wheelie control set to a high level. At the extreme you then have Enduro mode with the same limited 100 bhp, minimal traction / wheelie control and ABS set to off at the rear.
Storage is pretty good even without the optional luggage, with a small glovebox in the right fairing and a few litres under the pillion seat. The 3 Y-spoke 17" wheels take a 120/70 Pirelli Scorpion Trail II tyre at the front and a 190/55 at the rear.
- Touring Pack: Panniers, centre stand, heated grips
- Sport Pack: Termignoni exhaust, Carbon mudguard, billet reservoir caps
- Urban Pack: Top box, USB hub, tank bag
- Enduro Pack: LED fog lights, engine bars, radiator guard, belly pan, off road pegs, wider kick stand
Options include panniers, heated grips, tyre pressure monitor, centre stand, side bars, under seat USB socket, Titanium racing exhaust, tall GT screen and various Carbon / billet bits.
- 2015-2017: Red
The more expensive 1200 S gets you a fancy 5" colour TFT dash instead of the standard LCD, cornering LED headlights, new electrically adjustable Sachs suspension, Brembo Evo M50 calipers up front with 330 mm discs and Bluetooth connectivity but it's 3 kg heavier.
Capacity: 1,198 cc (very high)
Power: 158 bhp / 118 kW (very high)
Red Line: 10,500 rpm (high)
Top Speed: 160 mph / 257 km/h (very high)
Economy: 40 mpg / 7.1 L/100km (average)
Range: 180 miles / 290 km (high)
Fuel Capacity: 20.0 litres / 4.4 gallons (high)
Seat Height: 825 mm / 32.5 inches (average)
Wet Weight: 232 kg / 512 pounds (heavy)
Dry Weight: 209 kg / 461 pounds
Launch RRP: £13,000
Something wrong? Let us know.
Create An Alert
Pop in your email address for updates when we see new similar adverts for sale:
- It's super easy to cancel it with just one click.
- Your email will only be used for these alerts.
- You can have one active alert at any one time.
- The alert will time out after 30 days.
Sell Your Bike
Pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation from WeWantYourMotorbike and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours:
Popularity & How Many Left
|Year||On The Road||Off The Road||Total||For Sale|
|2015||130||21||151||98 / month|
|2016||104||12||116||81 / month|
|2017||74||13||87||57 / month|