Ducati Multistrada 1200 S Bikes For Sale
- Seat Height: Average (825 mm / 32.5 inches)
- Weight: Heavy (235 kg / 518 lbs)
- Fuel Capacity: High (20.0 litres / 5.3 US gallons)
- Economy: Average (40 mpg / 7.1 l/100km / 14.2 km/l)
- Range: High (180 miles / 290 km)
- Top Speed: Very High (160 mph / 257 km/h)
- Capacity: Very High (1,198 cc)
- Power: Very High (158 bhp / 118 kW)
- Power to Weight: High (0.672 bhp/kg / 0.501 kW/kg)
- Redline: High (10,500 rpm)
- Road Tax / VED: Very High (£101 Per Year)
- Launch RRP: £15,700
For Sale (6)
Sell Your Bike
Gear & Accessories
Check out this video review from mark pulling.
What Is It?
The Ducati Multistrada 1200 S is a premium adventure bike and is powered by a Euro 4 compliant liquid cooled 1,198.4 cc V-Twin engine, producing 157.8 bhp at 9,500 rpm and maximum torque at 7,500 rpm.
- Steel tubular frame with Aluminium single-sided swingarm
- Dual 330 mm discs up front with Brembo Evo M50 four piston calipers
- 265 mm disc at the rear with two piston caliper
- Bosch 9.1ME cornering ABS
- Electrically adjustable Sachs 48 mm upside down fork with 170 mm travel
- Electrically adjustable Sachs rear shock with 170 mm travel
- Slipper clutch, adjustable mirrors
- 4 riding modes
- 8 level traction control
- 8 level wheelie control (via the new IMU)
- Cruise control
- 2->1->2 exhaust system
- Two 12V sockets front and back
- LED lighting all round
- Keyless start
- Adjustable screen (60 mm)
- Backlit controls
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
Compared to the 2010-2014 model you get a new Testastretta DVT Variable Valve Timing engine with a 10 bhp increase, cornering ABS as standard, cornering LED headlights, fancy 5" colour TFT dash, new Sachs electrically adjustable suspension, cruise control, larger brakes, an adjustable seat to 845 mm and the 12V sockets have been re-positioned to be more usable but the bike weighs 15 kg more.
You have Urban, Touring, Sport and Enduro modes to choose from:
- Sport firms up the suspension, provides aggressive power delivery and minimises traction control / wheelie control while Touring offers smoother power delivery and mid-level traction / wheelie control.
- Urban mode limits power to 100 bhp with smooth delivery and sets the suspension to handle potholes in town, with traction / wheelie control set to a high level.
- At the extreme you then have Enduro mode with the same limited 100 bhp, longest travel on the suspension, minimal traction / wheelie control and ABS set to off at the rear.
Storage is pretty good even without the optional luggage, with a small glovebox in the right fairing and a few litres under the pillion seat.
The 3 Y-spoke 17" wheels take a 120/70 Pirelli Scorpion Trail II tyre at the front and 190/55 at the rear.
- Touring Pack: Panniers, centre stand, heated grips
- Sport Pack: Termignoni exhaust, Carbon mudguard, billet reservoir caps
- Urban Pack: Top box, USB hub and tank bag
- Enduro Pack: LED fog lights, engine bars, radiator guard, belly pan, off road pegs and wider kick stand
Options include panniers, heated grips, tyre pressure monitor, centre stand, side bars, under seat USB socket, Titanium racing exhaust, tall GT screen and various Carbon / billet bits.
The Touring D|air edition is in conjunction with Dainese and their wireless connected airbag jackets. Basically if you or your pillion fall off, or a collision is detected, the jackets inflate Back to the Future style in 45 milliseconds and it only adds 1 kg to the bike's weight.
- 2015-2016: Red, white
- 2017: Red, white, black
Model History & Updates
2016 Pikes Peak: Ohlins 50 mm fork, TTX36 shock, Termignoni exhaust, red wheel stripes / seat detailing and red/white/black colour scheme. Carbon mudguard, screen and front fuel tank covers. 212 kg dry, 235 kg wet.
2016 Enduro: Essentially the same bike but with a £17,300 off-road twist. You get spoked wheels with a larger 19" at the front, 30 mm more suspension travel, double sided-swingarm, taller 870 mm seat, belly pan, longer beak, 50 mm higher bars, centre stand, vehicle hold control, higher exhaust, 31 mm more ground clearance, 65 mm longer wheelbase, shorter first gear, Aluminium side panels and a much larger 30 litre tank however it's 19 kg heavier.
2017 Enduro Pro: Builds on the Enduro with engine bars, LED fog lights, small screen, off-road tyres, brown/black colour scheme, black subframe/clutch cover and Termignoni exhaust.
Up And Down The Range
The less expensive 1200 doesn't have the TFT dash, cornering LED lights, electrically adjustable suspension, Brembo M50 calipers with 330 mm discs or Bluetooth connectivity but it's 3 kg lighter.
Popularity & How Many Left