Ducati Multistrada 1200 Pikes Peak For Sale
The 2016 Ducati Multistrada 1200 Pikes Peak is a premium adventure bike and is powered by a 1,198cc V-Twin engine which puts out 158bhp. It's based on the 1200 S but features a number of upgraded components.
What Is It?
It's powered by a Euro 4 compliant liquid cooled 1198.4cc V-Twin variable valve timing engine, producing 157.8bhp at 9,500rpm and maximum torque at 7,500rpm.
- Steel tubular frame with Aluminium single-sided swingarm
- Dual 330mm discs up front with Brembo Evo M50 2 piston calipers
- 265mm disc at the rear with single piston caliper
- Bosch 9.1ME cornering ABS
- Electrically adjustable Ohlins 50mm upside down fork with 170mm travel
- Electrically adjustable Ohlins TTX36 shock with 170mm travel
- Slipper clutch, adjustable mirrors
- 4 riding modes, 8 level traction control
- Cruise control, 8 level wheelie control (via the new IMU)
- Steel 2->1->2 exhaust system with Carbon sleeve
- Two 12V sockets front and back
- LED lighting all round with cornering headlight
- Keyless start, backlit controls, 5" TFT dash
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
The Pikes Peak special edition is based on the 1200 S but gets you an Ohlins 50mm fork, TTX36 shock, small screen, Termignoni exhaust, red wheel stripes, red seat detailing and the special red/white/black colour scheme. There's also a handful of Carbon Fibre bits including the mudguard, non-adjustable screen and front fuel tank covers.
You have Urban, Touring, Sport and Enduro modes to choose from. Sport firms up the suspension, provides aggressive power delivery and minimises traction control/wheelie control while Touring offers smoother power delivery and mid-level traction/wheelie control.
Urban mode limits power to 100bhp with smooth delivery and sets the suspension to handle potholes in town, with traction/wheelie control set to a high level. At the extreme you then have Enduro mode with the same limited 100bhp, longest travel on the suspension, minimal traction/wheelie control and ABS set to off at the rear.
Storage is pretty good even without the optional luggage, with a small glovebox in the right fairing and a few litres under the pillion seat. The 3 Y-spoke 17" wheels take a 120/70 Pirelli Scorpion Trail II tyre at the front and 190/55 at the rear.
Options include panniers, heated grips, tyre pressure monitor, centre stand, side bars, under seat USB socket, Titanium racing exhaust, tall GT screen and various billet bits.
- Touring Pack: Panniers, centre stand, heated grips
- Sport Pack: Termignoni exhaust, Carbon mudguard, billet reservoir caps
- Urban Pack: Top box, USB hub and tank bag
- Enduro Pack: LED fog lights, engine bars, radiator guard, belly pan, off road pegs and wider kick stand
Did You Know?
The 12 mile / 1,400 metre Pikes Peak hill climb is held in the US Rocky Mountains
Something wrong? Let us know.
Sell Your Bike
Sell your bike with WeWantYourMotorbike today. Just pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours - easy peasy.
Check out this review from TwoWheelObsession: