Ducati Multistrada 1200 Pikes Peak Bikes For Sale
What Is It?
The Ducati Multistrada 1200 Pikes Peak is a premium adventure bike and is powered by a Euro 4 compliant liquid cooled 1,198.4 cc V-Twin Variable Valve Timing engine, producing 157.8 bhp at 9,500 rpm and maximum torque at 7,500 rpm.
- Steel tubular frame with Aluminium single-sided swingarm
- Dual 330 mm discs up front with Brembo Evo M50 four piston calipers
- 265 mm disc at the rear with single piston caliper
- Bosch 9.1ME cornering ABS
- Electrically adjustable Ohlins 50 mm upside down fork with 170 mm travel
- Electrically adjustable Ohlins TTX36 shock with 170 mm travel
- Slipper clutch
- Adjustable mirrors
- 4 riding modes
- 8 level traction control
- 8 level wheelie control (via the new IMU)
- Cruise control
- 2->1->2 exhaust system with Carbon sleeve
- Two 12V sockets front and back
- LED lighting all round with cornering headlight
- Keyless start
- Backlit controls
- 5" TFT dash
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
The Pikes Peak special edition is based on the 1200 S but gets you an Ohlins 50 mm fork, TTX36 shock, small screen, Termignoni exhaust, red wheel stripes, red seat detailing and the special red/white/black colour scheme. There's also a handful of Carbon Fibre bits including the mudguard, non-adjustable screen and front fuel tank covers.
You have Urban, Touring, Sport and Enduro modes to choose from:
- Sport firms up the suspension, provides aggressive power delivery and minimises traction control / wheelie control while Touring offers smoother power delivery and mid-level traction / wheelie control.
- Urban mode limits power to 100 bhp with smooth delivery and sets the suspension to handle potholes in town, with traction / wheelie control set to a high level.
- At the extreme you then have Enduro mode with the same limited 100 bhp, longest travel on the suspension, minimal traction / wheelie control and ABS set to off at the rear.
Storage is pretty good even without the optional luggage, with a small glovebox in the right fairing and a few litres under the pillion seat.
The 3 Y-spoke 17" wheels take a 120/70 Pirelli Scorpion Trail II tyre at the front and 190/55 at the rear.
Options include panniers, heated grips, tyre pressure monitor, centre stand, side bars, under seat USB socket, Titanium racing exhaust, tall GT screen and various billet bits.
- Touring Pack: Panniers, centre stand, heated grips
- Urban Pack: Top box, USB hub, tank bag
- Enduro Pack: LED fog lights, engine bars, radiator guard, belly pan, off road pegs and wider kick stand
Colours: Red/white/blackDid You Know?
The 12 mile / 1,400 metre Pikes Peak hill climb is held in the US Rocky Mountains.
Launch RRP: £20,000
Capacity: 1,198 cc (very high)
Power: 158 bhp / 118 kW (very high)
Red Line: 10,500 rpm (high)
Top Speed: 160 mph / 257 km/h (very high)
Economy: 40 mpg / 7.1 L/100km (average)
Range: 180 miles / 290 km (high)
Fuel Capacity: 20.0 litres / 5.3 US gallons (high)
Seat Height: 825 mm / 32.5 inches (average)
Wet Weight: 235 kg / 518 pounds (heavy)
Dry Weight: 212 kg / 467 pounds
Power to Weight: 0.672 bhp/kg / 0.501 kW/kg
Road Tax (VED): £96 / Year (Very High)
Check out this video review from TwoWheelObsession.
For Sale (1)
Sell Your Bike
Simply pop in the reg number to get a same day valuation from We Want Your Motorbike:
Popularity & How Many Left