BMW R1200GS For Sale
Insurance Costs: 9 of 10
Launch RRP: £12,250
Power: 123 bhp
Engine: 1,170 cc, 9,000 rpm red line, 130 mph top speed
Economy: 50 mpg
Range: 220 miles from the 20.0 litre tank
Seat Height: 850 mm
Weight: 244 kg (wet)
What Is It?
The BMW R1200GS is a premium adventure bike which can be spec'd up with all the toys and is powered by an air / liquid cooled 1,170cc Boxer engine, producing 123.4bhp at 7,750rpm and maximum torque at 6,500rpm.
- Steel tubular frame and shaft drive
- Dual 305mm discs up front with Brembo 2 piston calipers
- 276mm disc at the rear with Brembo 2 piston caliper
- ABS with off mode
- Adjustable front Telelever suspension with 190mm travel
- Rear Paralever suspension with Sachs shock and 200mm travel
- Traction control (ASC)
- Ride modes: Road, Rain
- 850mm / 870mm adjustable seat
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
Compared to the 2013-2016 model there's a new Euro 4 compliant exhaust, 20mm less front travel, a judder damper on the output shaft plus two variants designed for on and off road use. The 19" front wheel takes a 120/70 tyre and the rear 17" a 170/60.
The off-road focused Rallye gets you the spoked wheels, flatter seat, smaller screen, frame guard, radiator guard, enduro footrests, off-road suspension setup with 20mm more travel and optional knobbly tyres. The Exclusive gets you the comfort seat, gold calipers, Steel radiator ducts, tall screen and black/grey paint job.
- Comfort Pack: Chrome exhaust, heated grips, TPMS, hand guards
- Dynamic Pack: DTC, LED headlight / indicators, hill start control, quickshifter, ride modes, ABS pro
- Touring Pack: ESA, keyless start, sat nav prep, cruise control, pannier mounts
Accessories include the Akrapovic muffler, LED headlight, DRL, LED indicators, quickshifter, heated grips, keyless start, hill start control, semi-active electronic suspension (Dynamic ESA), 830mm low seat, 880mm high seat, flat Rallye seat, additional ride modes, cornering ABS, off-road springs, spoked wheels and Aluminium luggage.
- 2017-2018: White, black, black/grey, blue
2018: LED fog lights a new design. Options now include the Emergency SOS call button and the 6.5" connectivity TFT dash.
Check out this Rallye video review from TheMissendenFlyer.
How much is a BMW R1200GS?
The BMW R1200GS currently costs in the range of £12,500 to £9,200.
How fast does a BMW R1200GS go?
The top speed of the BMW R1200GS is around 130 mph.
How much does a BMW R1200GS weigh?
The curb weight of the BMW R1200GS is 244 kg. It includes fuel, oil and other fluids so is commonly called the wet weight.
Something wrong? Let us know.
Bikes for Sale (13)
- 1 of 5
Sell Your Bike
Pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation from WeWantYourMotorbike and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours:
Popularity & How Many Left
|Year||On The Road||Off The Road||Total||For Sale|
|2017||1,463||124||1,587||170 / month|
|2018||1,750||-||1,750||170 / month|