BMW R1200GS For Sale
The 2017 BMW R1200GS is a premium adventure bike which can be spec'd up with all the toys and is powered by a 1,170cc Boxer engine which puts out 123bhp. It was originally launched in 2004 and updated in 2013.
What Is It?
It's powered by an air / liquid cooled 1,170cc Boxer engine, producing 123.4bhp at 7,750rpm and maximum torque at 6,500rpm.
- Steel tubular frame and shaft drive
- Dual 305mm discs up front with Brembo 2 piston calipers
- 276mm disc at the rear with Brembo 2 piston caliper
- ABS with off mode
- Adjustable front Telelever suspension with 190mm travel
- Rear Paralever suspension with Sachs shock and 200mm travel
- Traction control (ASC)
- Ride modes: Road, Rain
- 850mm / 870mm adjustable seat
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
Compared to the 2013-2016 model there's a new Euro 4 compliant exhaust, 20mm less front travel, a judder damper on the output shaft plus two variants designed for on and off road use. The 19" front wheel takes a 120/70 tyre and the rear 17" a 170/60.
The off-road focused Rallye gets you the spoked wheels, flatter seat, smaller screen, frame guard, radiator guard, enduro footrests, off-road suspension setup with 20mm more travel and optional knobbly tyres. The Exclusive gets you the comfort seat, gold calipers, Steel radiator ducts, tall screen and black/grey paint job.
- Comfort Pack: Chrome exhaust, heated grips, TPMS, hand guards
- Dynamic Pack: DTC, LED headlight / indicators, hill start control, quickshifter, ride modes, ABS pro
- Touring Pack: ESA, keyless start, sat nav prep, cruise control, pannier mounts
Accessories include the Akrapovic muffler, LED headlight, DRL, LED indicators, quickshifter, heated grips, keyless start, hill start control, semi-active electronic suspension (Dynamic ESA), 830mm low seat, 880mm high seat, flat Rallye seat, additional ride modes, cornering ABS, off-road springs, spoked wheels and Aluminium luggage.
- 2017-2018: White, black, black/grey, blue
2018: LED fog lights a new design. Options now include the Emergency SOS call button and the 6.5" connectivity TFT dash.
Something wrong? Let us know.
Bikes for Sale (15)
- 1 of 5
Sell Your Bike
Pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation from WeWantYourMotorbike and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours:
Popularity / How Many Left
|Year||On The Road||Off The Road||Total||For Sale|
|2017||1,463||124||1,587||170 / month|
|2018||1,750||-||1,750||88 / month|
Stats include those licenced for use on the road and those off the road with a SORN, by year of production. Source: DVLA
If you know the registration number / VRM you can check the current tax state using Gov.uk
Check out this Rallye video review from TheMissendenFlyer.