BMW R1200GS Bikes For Sale
- Seat Height: Average (850 mm / 33.5 inches)
- Weight: Heavy (244 kg / 538 lbs)
- Fuel Capacity: High (20.0 litres / 5.3 US gallons)
- Economy: Average (50 mpg / 5.6 l/100km / 17.7 km/l)
- Range: High (220 miles / 354 km)
- Top Speed: High (130 mph / 209 km/h)
- Capacity: Very High (1,170 cc)
- Power: High (123 bhp / 92 kW)
- Power to Weight: High (0.504 bhp/kg / 0.376 kW/kg)
- Redline: Average (9,000 rpm)
- Road Tax / VED: Very High (£101 Per Year)
- Launch RRP: £12,250
Sell Your Bike
Price Guide & Used Prices
Gear & Accessories
Check out this Rallye video review from TheMissendenFlyer.
What Is It?
The BMW R1200GS is a premium adventure bike which can be spec'd up with all the toys and is powered by an air / liquid cooled 1,170 cc Boxer engine, producing 123.4 bhp at 7,750 rpm and maximum torque at 6,500 rpm.
- Steel tubular frame and shaft drive
- Dual 305 mm discs up front with Brembo four piston calipers
- 276 mm disc at the rear with Brembo two piston caliper
- ABS with off mode
- Adjustable front Telelever suspension with 190 mm travel
- Rear Paralever suspension with Sachs shock and 200 mm travel
- Traction control (ASC)
- Ride modes: Road, Rain
- 850 mm / 870 mm adjustable seat
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
Compared to the 2013-2016 model there's a new Euro 4 compliant exhaust, 20 mm less front travel, a judder damper on the output shaft plus two variants designed for on and off road use. The 19" front wheel takes a 120/70 tyre and the rear 17" a 170/60.
The off-road focused Rallye gets you the spoked wheels, flatter seat, smaller screen, frame guard, radiator guard, enduro footrests, off-road suspension setup with 20 mm more travel and optional knobbly tyres. The Exclusive gets you the comfort seat, gold calipers, Steel radiator ducts, tall screen and black/grey paint job.
- Comfort Pack: Chrome exhaust, heated grips, TPMS, hand guards
- Dynamic Pack: DTC, LED headlight / indicators, hill start control, quickshifter, ride modes, ABS pro
- Touring Pack: ESA, keyless start, sat nav prep, cruise control, pannier mounts
Accessories include the Akrapovic muffler, LED headlight, DRL, LED indicators, quickshifter, heated grips, keyless start, hill start control, semi-active electronic suspension (Dynamic ESA), 830 mm low seat, 880 mm high seat, flat Rallye seat, additional ride modes, cornering ABS, off-road springs, spoked wheels and Aluminium luggage.
- 2017-2018: White, black, black/grey, blue
Model History & Updates
2018: LED fog lights a new design. Options now include the Emergency SOS call button and the 6.5" connectivity TFT dash.
Popularity & How Many Left