BMW R1200GS For Sale
Insurance Costs: 9 of 10
Current Prices: £12,400–£9,150
What Is It?
The BMW R1200GS is a premium adventure bike which can be spec'd up with all the toys and is powered by an air / liquid cooled 1,170 cc Boxer engine, producing 123.4 bhp at 7,750 rpm and maximum torque at 6,500 rpm.
- Steel tubular frame and shaft drive
- Dual 305 mm discs up front with Brembo four piston calipers
- 276 mm disc at the rear with Brembo two piston caliper
- ABS with off mode
- Adjustable front Telelever suspension with 190 mm travel
- Rear Paralever suspension with Sachs shock and 200 mm travel
- Traction control (ASC)
- Ride modes: Road, Rain
- 850 mm / 870 mm adjustable seat
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
Compared to the 2013-2016 model there's a new Euro 4 compliant exhaust, 20 mm less front travel, a judder damper on the output shaft plus two variants designed for on and off road use. The 19" front wheel takes a 120/70 tyre and the rear 17" a 170/60.
The off-road focused Rallye gets you the spoked wheels, flatter seat, smaller screen, frame guard, radiator guard, enduro footrests, off-road suspension setup with 20 mm more travel and optional knobbly tyres. The Exclusive gets you the comfort seat, gold calipers, Steel radiator ducts, tall screen and black/grey paint job.
- Comfort Pack: Chrome exhaust, heated grips, TPMS, hand guards
- Dynamic Pack: DTC, LED headlight / indicators, hill start control, quickshifter, ride modes, ABS pro
- Touring Pack: ESA, keyless start, sat nav prep, cruise control, pannier mounts
Accessories include the Akrapovic muffler, LED headlight, DRL, LED indicators, quickshifter, heated grips, keyless start, hill start control, semi-active electronic suspension (Dynamic ESA), 830 mm low seat, 880 mm high seat, flat Rallye seat, additional ride modes, cornering ABS, off-road springs, spoked wheels and Aluminium luggage.
- 2017-2018: White, black, black/grey, blue
2018: LED fog lights a new design. Options now include the Emergency SOS call button and the 6.5" connectivity TFT dash.
Capacity: 1,170 cc (very high)
Power: 123 bhp / 92 kW (high)
Red Line: 9,000 rpm (average)
Top Speed: 130 mph / 209 km/h (high)
Economy: 50 mpg / 5.6 L/100km (average)
Range: 220 miles / 354 km (high)
Fuel Capacity: 20.0 litres / 4.4 gallons (high)
Seat Height: 850 mm / 33.5 inches (average)
Wet Weight: 244 kg / 538 pounds (heavy)
Launch RRP: £12,250
Check out this Rallye video review from TheMissendenFlyer.
Something wrong? Let us know.
Create An Alert
Pop in your email address for updates when we see new similar adverts for sale:
- It's super easy to cancel it with just one click.
- Your email will only be used for these alerts.
- You can have one active alert at any one time.
- The alert will time out after 30 days.
Sell Your Bike
Pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation from WeWantYourMotorbike and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours:
Popularity & How Many Left
|Year||On The Road||Off The Road||Total||For Sale|
|2017||1,463||124||1,587||250 / month|
|2018||1,750||-||1,750||230 / month|