BMW R1200GS For Sale
What Is It?
The BMW R1200GS is a premium adventure bike which can be spec'd up with all the toys and is powered by an air / liquid cooled 1,170 cc Boxer engine, producing 96.6 bhp at 7,000 rpm and maximum torque at 5,500 rpm.
- Steel tubular frame and shaft drive
- Dual 305 mm discs up front with four piston calipers
- 265 mm disc at the rear with two piston caliper
- Steel braided brake lines
- Adjustable 41 mm Telelever front suspension with 190 mm travel
- Adjustable Paralever rear suspension with 200 mm travel
- 840 mm / 860 mm adjustable seat
- 5-level adjustable screen, luggage rack
- 6 speed gearbox
Compared to the R1150GS there's a 40 cc increase in capacity, 12 bhp more power, a balancer shaft for less vibes, new lighter gearbox design, new lighter exhaust, improved handling from a new frame plus a massive 30 kg shaved off the weight.
The 5-spoke 19" front wheel takes a 110/80 tyre and the rear 17" a 150/70.
Accessories include C-ABS, handguards, panniers, top case, fog lights, heated grips, spoked wheels, tinted screen, high seat, low seat, and cylinder head covers.
- 2004-2006: Blue, red, yellow
- 2007: Black, red, yellow, grey, silver
- 2008-2012: Blue, grey, orange, silver, black, red
2008: Power up to 105 bhp at 7,500 rpm, new ABS system, comfier seat and new wheel design. Key options include Electronic Suspension Adjustment (ESA) and traction control (ASC).
2010: Revised cylinder heads with double overhead cams, power up to 110 bhp, higher 8,500 rpm red line, electronically controlled exhaust flap for better sound and optional LED headlights.
Did You Know?
In 2007 the R1200GS became BMW's best selling motorbike globally and in 2006 is was the best selling bike in the UK, ahead of the Honda Fireblade.
Review In A Few
- Expanding Vario cases
- Can get hot at slow speeds
Capacity: 1,170 cc (very high)
Power: 97 bhp / 72 kW (average)
Red Line: 8,000 rpm (average)
Top Speed: 125 mph / 201 km/h (high)
Economy: 45 mpg / 6.3 L/100km (average)
Range: 200 miles / 322 km (high)
Fuel Capacity: 20.0 litres / 4.4 gallons (high)
Seat Height: 840 mm / 33.1 inches (average)
Wet Weight: 225 kg / 496 pounds (heavy)
Dry Weight: 199 kg / 439 pounds
Power to Weight Ratio: 0.431 bhp/kg / 0.321 kW/kg
Create An Alert
Pop in your email address for updates when we see new similar adverts for sale:
- It's super easy to cancel it with just one click.
- Your email will only be used for these alerts.
- You can have one active alert at any one time.
- The alert will time out after 30 days.
Sell Your Bike
Pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation from WeWantYourMotorbike and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours:
Popularity & How Many Left
|Year||On The Road||Off The Road||Total||For Sale|
|2005||856||371||1,227||60 / month|
|2006||705||244||949||45 / month|
|2007||573||223||796||31 / month|
|2008||527||161||688||120 / month|
|2009||473||151||624||130 / month|
|2010||585||139||724||46 / month|
|2011||472||133||605||100 / month|
|2012||500||117||617||160 / month|