BMW R1200GS For Sale
What Is It?
The BMW R1200GS is a premium adventure bike which can be spec'd up with all the toys and is powered by an air / liquid cooled 1,170 cc Boxer engine, producing 96.6 bhp at 7,000 rpm and maximum torque at 5,500 rpm.
- Steel tubular frame and shaft drive
- Dual 305 mm discs up front with four piston calipers
- 265 mm disc at the rear with two piston caliper
- Steel braided brake lines
- Adjustable 41 mm Telelever front suspension with 190 mm travel
- Adjustable Paralever rear suspension with 200 mm travel
- 840 mm / 860 mm adjustable seat
- 5-level adjustable screen
- Luggage rack
- 6 speed gearbox
Compared to the R1150GS there's a 40 cc increase in capacity, 12 bhp more power, a balancer shaft for less vibes, new lighter gearbox design, new lighter exhaust, improved handling from a new frame plus a massive 30 kg shaved off the weight.
The 5-spoke 19" front wheel takes a 110/80 tyre and the rear 17" a 150/70.
Accessories include C-ABS, handguards, panniers, top case, fog lights, heated grips, spoked wheels, tinted screen, high seat, low seat, and cylinder head covers.
- 2004-2006: Blue, red, yellow
- 2007: Black, red, yellow, grey, silver
- 2008-2012: Blue, grey, orange, silver, black, red
In 2007 the R1200GS became BMW's best selling motorbike globally and in 2006 is was the best selling bike in the UK, ahead of the Honda Fireblade.
2008: Power up to 105 bhp at 7,500 rpm, new ABS system, comfier seat and new wheel design. Key options include Electronic Suspension Adjustment (ESA) and traction control (ASC).
2010: Revised cylinder heads with double overhead cams, power up to 110 bhp, higher 8,500 rpm red line, electronically controlled exhaust flap for better sound and optional LED headlights.
Review In A Few
- Expanding Vario cases
- Can get hot at slow speeds
- Large and heavy
Capacity: 1,170 cc (very high)
Power: 97 bhp / 72 kW (average)
Red Line: 8,000 rpm (average)
Top Speed: 125 mph / 201 km/h (high)
Economy: 45 mpg / 6.3 L/100km (average)
Range: 200 miles / 322 km (high)
Fuel Capacity: 20.0 litres / 4.4 gallons (high)
Seat Height: 840 mm / 33.1 inches (average)
Wet Weight: 225 kg / 496 pounds (heavy)
Dry Weight: 199 kg / 439 pounds
Power to Weight: 0.431 bhp/kg / 0.321 kW/kg
Sell Your Bike
Simply pop in the reg number to get a same day valuation from We Want Your Motorbike:
Parts & Accessories
Popularity & How Many Left