BMW R1200GS For Sale
What Is It?
The BMW R1200GS is a premium adventure bike which can be spec'd up with all the toys and is powered by an air / liquid cooled 1,170 cc Boxer engine, producing 96.6 bhp at 7,000 rpm and maximum torque at 5,500 rpm.
- Steel tubular frame and shaft drive
- Dual 305 mm discs up front with four piston calipers
- 265 mm disc at the rear with two piston caliper
- Steel braided brake lines
- Adjustable 41 mm Telelever front suspension with 190 mm travel
- Adjustable Paralever rear suspension with 200 mm travel
- 840 mm / 860 mm adjustable seat
- 5-level adjustable screen
- Luggage rack
- 6 speed gearbox
Compared to the R1150GS there's a 40 cc increase in capacity, 12 bhp more power, a balancer shaft for less vibes, new lighter gearbox design, new lighter exhaust, improved handling from a new frame plus a massive 30 kg shaved off the weight.
The 5-spoke 19" front wheel takes a 110/80 tyre and the rear 17" a 150/70.
Accessories include C-ABS, handguards, panniers, top case, fog lights, heated grips, spoked wheels, tinted screen, high seat, low seat, and cylinder head covers.
- 2004-2006: Blue, red, yellow
- 2007: Black, red, yellow, grey, silver
- 2008-2012: Blue, grey, orange, silver, black, red
In 2007 the R1200GS became BMW's best selling motorbike globally and in 2006 is was the best selling bike in the UK, ahead of the Honda Fireblade.
Capacity: 1,170 cc (very high)
Power: 97 bhp / 72 kW (average)
Red Line: 8,000 rpm (average)
Top Speed: 125 mph / 201 km/h (high)
Economy: 45 mpg / 6.3 L/100km (average)
Range: 200 miles / 322 km (high)
Fuel Capacity: 20.0 litres / 4.4 gallons (high)
Seat Height: 840 mm / 33.1 inches (average)
Wet Weight: 225 kg / 496 pounds (heavy)
Dry Weight: 199 kg / 439 pounds
Power to Weight: 0.431 bhp/kg / 0.321 kW/kg
Road Tax (VED): £96 / Year (Very High)
Review In A Few
- Expanding Vario cases
- Can get hot at slow speeds
- Large and heavy
2008: Power up to 105 bhp at 7,500 rpm, new ABS system, comfier seat and new wheel design. Key options include Electronic Suspension Adjustment (ESA) and traction control (ASC).
2010: Revised cylinder heads with double overhead cams, power up to 110 bhp, higher 8,500 rpm red line, electronically controlled exhaust flap for better sound and optional LED headlights.
For Sale (48)
Sell Your Bike
Simply pop in the reg number to get a same day valuation from We Want Your Motorbike:
Popularity & How Many Left