BMW R1200GS Adventure For Sale
What Is It?
The BMW R1200GSA is a premium adventure style bike and is powered by an air / liquid cooled 1,170 cc Boxer engine, producing 110 bhp at 7,750 rpm and maximum torque at 6,000 rpm.
- Steel tubular frame and shaft final drive
- Dual 305 mm discs up front with four piston calipers
- 265 mm disc at the rear with two piston caliper
- Adjustable front Telelever 41 mm suspension with 200 mm travel
- Adjustable rear Paralever suspension with 220 mm travel
- Ride modes: Road, Rain
- 890 mm / 910 mm adjustable seat
- Adjustable handlebar / screen
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
Compared to the 2006-2009 model there's a new twin cam engine with 10 bhp more power, improved low to mid-range power, a 500 rpm higher red line, improved economy and the exhaust dynamically opens up as the revs increase.
It builds on the road focused R1200GS with wire spoked wheels, knobbly tyres, crash bars, cylinder head protectors, a belly pan, hand guards, taller screen, more powerful alternator, slightly longer suspension travel and increased range.
The wire spoked 19" front wheel takes a Bridgestone Battlewing 110/80 tyre and the rear 17" a 150/70.
Accessories include electronic suspension adjustment (ESA II), ABS, traction control, additional ride modes, cruise control, heated grips, sat nav, LED fog lights, LED indicators, tinted screen, TPMS, a sports exhaust, various seats and luggage options.
Colours: Black, white, red, yellow
Review In A Few
- Commanding view
- Knobbly tyres not ideal for road riding
- Very high seat
Launch RRP: £10,750
Capacity: 1,170 cc (very high)
Power: 110 bhp / 82 kW (high)
Red Line: 8,500 rpm (average)
Top Speed: 130 mph / 209 km/h (high)
Economy: 45 mpg / 6.3 L/100km (average)
Range: 330 miles / 531 km (very high)
Fuel Capacity: 33.0 litres / 7.3 gallons (very high)
Seat Height: 890 mm / 35.0 inches (high)
Wet Weight: 256 kg / 564 pounds (very heavy)
Dry Weight: 223 kg / 492 pounds
Power to Weight: 0.430 bhp/kg / 0.320 kW/kg
Create An Alert
Pop in your email address for updates when we see new similar adverts for sale:
- It's super easy to cancel it with just one click.
- Your email will only be used for these alerts.
- You can have one active alert at any one time.
- The alert will time out after 30 days.
Bikes for Sale (0)
We haven't seen any for sale today. Set up an alert and we will let you know when we see one.
Sell Your Bike
Pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation from WeWantYourMotorbike and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours:
Popularity & How Many Left