BMW R1200GS For Sale
The 2013 BMW R1200GS is a premium adventure bike which can be spec'd up with all the toys and is powered by a 1,170cc Boxer engine which puts out 125bhp. It was originally launched in 2004 and updated in 2017.
What Is It?
- Comfortable, agile, fast, brakes, lots of toys
- Vibrations around 5,000 rpm, gearbox
The 2013 model is a completely re-designed bike, powered by a new partially water cooled engine and it sports many of the latest gadgets and rider assist technologies. The two cylinder Boxer engine achieves 125bhp at 7750rpm, up 15bhp from the 2004-2012 model, while mid-range torque has also been increased.
- Dual 305mm discs at the front with radial 2 piston Brembo calipers
- 275mm disc at the rear with radial single piston caliper
- Adjustable front Telelever suspension with 190mm travel
- Rear Paralever suspension with 220mm travel
- Shaft drive
- Anti-hopping clutch
- 6 speed gearbox
The console and switchgear have been improved and the seat is not also thinner but more adjustable than the previous GS. Seat height is adjustable from 850mm to 870mm and the tilt of the seat can now be adjusted.
- ASC with 5 riding modes: rain, road, dynamic, enduro, enduro pro
- Vario side and top cases
- Tank rucksack and tank bag
- LED headlight with anti- condenser technology
- LED indicators
- HP sports silencer
- Heated grips
- Engine guard and headlight guard
- Cruise control
The off road focused R1200GS Adventure has a higher seat of 890mm, holds 10 litres more fuel and has suspension with more travel. BMW sells roughly two R1200GS bikes for every one Adventure model.
2016: Triple Black special edition with all black finish and wire wheels
Available colours: red, blue, white and black.
Did You Know?
Dave and Si, also known as The Hairy Bikers, are often seen riding the R1200GS in their cooking show, along with the F650GS and Triumph Rocket III
Something wrong? Let us know.
Bikes for Sale (54)
- 1 of 18
Sell Your Bike
Sell your bike with WeWantYourMotorbike today. Just pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours - easy peasy.
Parts & Accessories
Cleaning & Detailing
We thoroughly recommend Petrolhead Detailing for all your cleaning, detailing and paint correction needs. They really know their stuff!
Check out the Motorcycle.com review: