BMW R1200GS For Sale
What Is It?
The BMW R1200GS is a premium adventure bike which can be spec'd up with all the toys and is powered by an air / liquid cooled 1,170 cc Boxer engine, producing 125 bhp at 7,750 rpm and maximum torque at 6,500 rpm.
- Steel tubular frame and shaft drive
- Dual 305 mm discs up front with Brembo four piston calipers
- 276 mm disc at the rear with Brembo two piston caliper
- C-ABS system with rear off mode
- Adjustable front Telelever suspension with 190 mm travel
- Adjustable rear Paralever suspension with 220 mm travel
- Ride modes: Road, Rain
- 850 mm / 870 mm adjustable seat + tilt level
- Adjustable screen, luggage rack
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
Compared to the 2004-2012 model it's a complete re-design with a new partially liquid cooled engine, 15 bhp more power, improved mid-range torque, new slipper clutch, new dash, new switch gear, improved seat and larger rear disc but weight is up 13 kg.
On this generation the black bits on the cylinder heads point forward. The 10-spoke 19" front wheel takes a Metzeler Tourance 120/70 tyre and the rear 17" a 170/60.
Accessories include the clever Vario panniers / top case, LED headlight, LED indicators, semi-active electronic suspension (Dynamic ESA), traction control (ASC), additional ride modes (Dynamic, Enduro, Enduro Pro), cruise control, heated grips, engine bars, wire spoked wheels, knobbly tyres, headlight guard and HP silencer.
Colours: Black, red, blue, white
The off-road focused R1200GSA has a higher 890 mm seat, holds 10 litres more fuel and has longer travel suspension.
2016: Triple Black special edition with all black finish and wire wheels.
Did You Know?
Dave and Si, also known as The Hairy Bikers, are often seen riding the R1200GS in their cooking show, along with the F650GS and Triumph Rocket III. BMW sells roughly two R1200GS bikes for every one Adventure model.
Review In A Few
- Lots of toys
- Vibrations around 5,000 rpm
Capacity: 1,170 cc (very high)
Power: 125 bhp / 93 kW (high)
Red Line: 9,000 rpm (average)
Top Speed: 130 mph / 209 km/h (high)
Economy: 50 mpg / 5.6 L/100km (average)
Range: 220 miles / 354 km (high)
Fuel Capacity: 20.0 litres / 4.4 gallons (high)
Seat Height: 850 mm / 33.5 inches (average)
Wet Weight: 238 kg / 525 pounds (heavy)
Dry Weight: 205 kg / 452 pounds
Power to Weight Ratio: 0.525 bhp/kg / 0.392 kW/kg
Launch RRP: £13,800
Create An Alert
Pop in your email address for updates when we see new similar adverts for sale:
- It's super easy to cancel it with just one click.
- Your email will only be used for these alerts.
- You can have one active alert at any one time.
- The alert will time out after 30 days.
Sell Your Bike
Pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation from WeWantYourMotorbike and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours:
Popularity & How Many Left
|Year||On The Road||Off The Road||Total||For Sale|
|2013||988||218||1,206||210 / month|
|2014||1,011||130||1,141||420 / month|
|2015||1,011||94||1,105||320 / month|
|2016||1,085||96||1,181||140 / month|