BMW R1200R For Sale
The 2015 BMW R1200R is a naked style bike and is powered by a 1,170cc Boxer engine which puts out 125bhp. It was first launched in 2006.
- Plenty of power, extremely flexible engine, comfort, weight is low down, quite a following
- Heavy steering at slow speeds, dash, satnav is good but overly expensive
What Is It?
It's powered by an air/liquid cooled engine, producing 125bhp at 7,750rpm and maximum torque at 6,500rpm.
- Steel tubular frame with shaft drive
- Dual 320mm discs up front with 2 piston calipers
- Rear 276mm disc with 2 piston caliper
- ABS and traction control (ASC)
- 45mm upside down Marzocchi fork with 140mm travel
- Adjustable Sachs rear Paralever suspension
- Monochrome TFT display with night mode
- Adjustable clutch and brake levers
- Slipper clutch, steering damper
- 2->1 Stainless steel exhaust system
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
- LED tail light, 12V socket, 2 ride modes
Compared to the outgoing 2006-2014 model the suspension now uses a conventional upside down fork rather than a Telelever system like R1200GS and the Boxer engine is now liquid cooled. The 17" wheels take a 120/70 tyre up front and 180/55 at the rear.
Various trim levels are available and the mid-range £11,600 R1200R Sport gets you white paint, matching belly pan, red frame, mini sport screen, Riding Modes Pro, DTC and the quickshifter.
The top of the line £11,800 R1200R Exclusive gets you a dark grey colour scheme with gold fork, ESA, cruise control, additional ride modes, centre stand, luggage prep and LED indicators but it loses the mini screen from the Sport.
Accessories include the Akrapovic exhaust, quickshifter (Gear Assist Pro), Dynamic Traction Control (DTC), electronic suspension (ESA), cruise control, low 760mm seat, high 820mm seat, keyless start, sports screen, Ride Modes Pro (Dynamic, Custom), LED indicators, centre stand, heated grips, Chrome exhaust, TPMS and luggage options.
- 2015-2016: Black, blue, white with red frame
- 2017: Red, white with blue frame
- 2018: Red, white with blue frame, brown with grey frame
2017: A few small changes to meet Euro 4 requirements, sidelights and judder damper on transmission output shaft. Cornering ABS Pro and dynamic brake light are now options.
Something wrong? Let us know.
Bikes for Sale (8)
- 1 of 3
Sell Your Bike
Pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation from WeWantYourMotorbike and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours:
Parts & Accessories
|Use the code thebikemarket at the checkout for a cheeky little discount!|
|Year||On the road||Off the road||Total registered||Adverts seen|
Check out this video review from TheMissendenFlyer.