BMW R1200R For Sale
What Is It?
The BMW R1200R is a popular naked style bike and is powered by an air / liquid cooled engine, producing 125 bhp at 7,750 rpm and maximum torque at 6,500 rpm.
- Steel tubular frame with shaft drive
- Dual 320 mm discs up front with four piston calipers
- Rear 276 mm disc with two piston caliper
- ABS and traction control (ASC)
- 45 mm upside down Marzocchi fork with 140 mm travel
- Adjustable Sachs rear Paralever suspension
- Monochrome TFT display with night mode
- Adjustable clutch and brake levers
- Slipper clutch
- Steering damper
- 2->1 Stainless steel exhaust system
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
- LED tail light
- 12V socket
- Two ride modes
Compared to the outgoing 2006-2014 model the suspension now uses a conventional upside down fork rather than a Telelever system like R1200GS and the Boxer engine is now liquid cooled. The 17" wheels take a 120/70 tyre up front and 180/55 at the rear.
Various trim levels are available and the mid-range £11,600 R1200R Sport gets you white paint, matching belly pan, red frame, mini sport screen, Riding Modes Pro, DTC and the quickshifter.
The top of the line £11,800 R1200R Exclusive gets you a dark grey colour scheme with gold fork, ESA, cruise control, additional ride modes, centre stand, luggage prep and LED indicators but it loses the mini screen from the Sport.
Accessories include the Akrapovic exhaust, quickshifter (Gear Assist Pro), Dynamic Traction Control (DTC), electronic suspension (ESA), cruise control, low 760 mm seat, high 820 mm seat, keyless start, sports screen, Ride Modes Pro (Dynamic, Custom), LED indicators, centre stand, heated grips, Chrome exhaust, TPMS and luggage options.
- 2015-2016: Black, blue, white with red frame
- 2017: Red, white with blue frame
- 2018: Red, white with blue frame, brown with grey frame
2017: A few small changes to meet Euro 4 requirements, sidelights and judder damper on transmission output shaft. Cornering ABS Pro and dynamic brake light are now options.
Review In A Few
- Extremely flexible engine
- Weight is low down
- Quite a following
- Plenty of power
- Satnav is good but overly expensive
- Heavy steering at slow speeds
Launch RRP: £10,350
Capacity: 1,170 cc (very high)
Power: 125 bhp / 93 kW (high)
Red Line: 9,000 rpm (average)
Top Speed: 135 mph / 217 km/h (high)
Economy: 45 mpg / 6.3 L/100km (average)
Range: 180 miles / 290 km (high)
Fuel Capacity: 18.0 litres / 4.0 gallons (high)
Seat Height: 790 mm / 31.1 inches (low)
Wet Weight: 231 kg / 509 pounds (heavy)
Power to Weight: 0.541 bhp/kg / 0.404 kW/kg
Check out this video review from TheMissendenFlyer.
Create An Alert
Pop in your email address for updates when we see new similar adverts for sale:
- It's super easy to cancel it with just one click.
- Your email will only be used for these alerts.
- You can have one active alert at any one time.
- The alert will time out after 30 days.
Sell Your Bike
Pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation from WeWantYourMotorbike and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours:
Popularity & How Many Left