BMW R1200R For Sale
The 2015 BMW R1200R is a naked style bike and is powered by a 1,170cc Boxer engine which puts out 125bhp. It was first launched in 2006.
What Is It?
- More power than the R9T with less cost, extremely flexible engine
- Heavy steering at slow speeds, dash, Satnav is good but expensive
Power is provided by an air/liquid cooled engine, producing 125bhp at 7,750rpm and maximum torque at 6,500rpm. Much like the R1200GS power is delivered to the rear wheel via shaft drive and compared to the outgoing R1200R the suspension now uses conventional upside down forks rather than telelever like R1200GS, while also introducing liquid cooling for the boxer engine.
- Dual 320mm discs up front with radial mount 2 piston calipers
- Rear 276mm disc with 2 piston caliper
- 45mm upside down Marzocchi fork with 140mm travel
- Adjustable Sachs rear paralever suspension
- Stainless steel exhaust system
- Seat options: 760mm / 790mm / 820mm
- Monochrome TFT display with night mode
- Adjustable clutch and brake levers
- Slipper clutch and quick shifter (Gear Shift Assist)
- ABS and traction control (ASC)
- Steering damper - non-adjustable
- 6 speed gearbox
In terms of wheels both are 17" cast Aluminium with 120/70 tyres up front and 180/55 at the rear. Elsewhere there is an immobiliser, power socket, LED rear light and pillion grab handles. For maximum comfort the bike can be purchased with one of three seat heights - check the gallery to see them.
Three versions of the R1200R are available with the base model featuring a blue colour scheme. The base model starts at £10,350 and has two riding modes which both work with Automatic Stability Control (ASC).
One level up is the £11,600 R1200R Sport, featuring white paint, matching belly pan, red frame and mini sport screen. It also gets Gear Shift Assist Pro, Riding Modes Pro and Dynamic Traction Control (DTC).
The top of the line £11,800 R1200R Exclusive comes in dark grey and features Dynamic ESA, identifiable by the gold forks. There is also cruise control, On Board Computer Pro (two extra riding modes) and LED indicators. In terms of practicality there is a centre stand, luggage platform and pannier fastenings although it loses the mini screen from the Sport.
As usual there are plenty of options, such as keyless start/fork lock/fuel cap, and packages to spec up the model:
- £450 Comfort package adds a chromed exhaust, heated grips and tyre pressure control.
- £1,390 Premium package gets you dynamic suspension adjustment (ESA), cruise control, sat nav prep, pannier mountings and luggage grid. Basically the Exclusive model.
- £740 Dynamic package adds two new riding modes; Dynamic and a user programmable mode. There are also LED indicators, running lights and a the mini screen.
If you want many of the options, most likely including the gold forks, it's likely to be worth going for the Exclusive model to begin with, saving quite a bit on adding them all individually.
- 2015-2016: Black, blue, white with red frame
- 2017: Red, white with blue frame
- 2018: Red, white with blue frame, brown with grey frame
2017: A few small changes to meet Euro 4 requirements, sidelights and judder damper on transmission output shaft. Cornering ABS Pro and dynamic brake light now options.
Something wrong? Let us know.
Bikes for Sale (19)
- 1 of 7
Sell Your Bike
Sell your bike with WeWantYourMotorbike today. Just pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours - easy peasy.
Parts & Accessories
Cleaning & Detailing
We thoroughly recommend Petrolhead Detailing for all your cleaning, detailing and paint correction needs. They really know their stuff!
You might enjoy this eccentric review: