BMW R1200RS For Sale
Insurance Costs: 9 of 10
Launch RRP: £11,065
Power: 123 bhp
Engine: 1,170 cc, 9,000 rpm red line, 145 mph top speed
Economy: 45 mpg
Range: 180 miles from the 18.0 litre tank
Seat Height: 820 mm
Weight: 236 kg (wet)
What Is It?
The BMW R1200RS is a premium sports touring style bike and is powered by an air / liquid cooled 1,170cc Boxer engine, producing 123.4bhp at 7,750rpm and maximum torque at 6,500rpm.
- Steel tubular frame with single sided swingarm
- Dual 320mm discs up front with Brembo 2 piston calipers
- 276mm disc at the rear with Brembo 2 piston caliper
- BMW ABS system with off mode
- 45mm upside down fork with 140mm travel
- Adjustable Paralever rear suspension with 140mm travel
- Ride modes: Road, Rain
- Traction control (ASC)
- 2->1 exhaust system
- Part TFT dash with three display modes
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
For touring comfort the screen can be easily adjusted to a high or low setting and there's a variety of optional seats to choose from. The 10-spoke 17" wheels take a 120/70 tyre at the front and 180/55 at the rear.
- Comfort (£420): Heated grips, tyre pressure monitor, Chrome-plated exhaust.
- Dynamic (£720): Ride Modes Pro, white LED indicators, LED running light.
- Touring/Premium (£1,260): Dynamic ESA, sat nav prep, Computer Pro, centre stand, cruise control, luggage rack.
Accessories include Ride Modes Pro (Dynamic, Custom), lean angle aware TC, central LED daytime running light (£265), electronic suspension (ESA, £755), quickshifter (£385), keyless start (£250), 840mm sports seat, 760mm low seat, heated grips (£240), cruise control (£395), centre stand (£130), luggage grid (£165), panniers, top box and Akrapovic sport silencer.
- 2015-2017: Blue/grey, grey
- 2018: Black, bronze, grey (red frame)
2017: A few small changes to meet Euro 4 requirements, sidelights and judder damper on transmission output shaft. Cornering ABS Pro and dynamic brake light now options.
Did You Know?
When ESA is fitted the fork is gold and the rear shock white.
Check out this video review from TheMissendenFlyer.
How much is a BMW R1200RS?
The BMW R1200RS currently costs in the range of £12,100 to £6,650.
How fast does a BMW R1200RS go?
The top speed of the BMW R1200RS is around 145 mph.
How much does a BMW R1200RS weigh?
The curb weight of the BMW R1200RS is 236 kg. It includes fuel, oil and other fluids so is commonly called the wet weight.
Something wrong? Let us know.
Bikes for Sale (18)
- 1 of 6
Sell Your Bike
Pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation from WeWantYourMotorbike and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours:
Popularity & How Many Left
|Year||On The Road||Off The Road||Total||For Sale|
|2015||425||45||470||87 / month|
|2016||562||50||612||210 / month|
|2017||391||28||419||56 / month|
|2018||389||-||389||38 / month|