BMW R1200RS Bikes For Sale
- Seat Height: Average (820 mm / 32.3 inches)
- Weight: Heavy (236 kg / 520 lbs)
- Fuel Capacity: High (18.0 litres / 4.8 US gallons)
- Economy: Average (45 mpg / 6.3 l/100km / 15.9 km/l)
- Range: High (180 miles / 290 km)
- Top Speed: High (145 mph / 233 km/h)
- Capacity: Very High (1,170 cc)
- Power: High (123 bhp / 92 kW)
- Power to Weight: High (0.521 bhp/kg / 0.389 kW/kg)
- Redline: Average (9,000 rpm)
- Road Tax / VED: Very High (£101 Per Year)
- Launch RRP: £11,065
For Sale (12)
Sell Your Bike
Price Guide & Used Prices
Gear & Accessories
Check out this video review from TheMissendenFlyer.
What Is It?
The BMW R1200RS is a premium sports touring style bike and is powered by an air / liquid cooled 1,170 cc Boxer engine, producing 123.4 bhp at 7,750 rpm and maximum torque at 6,500 rpm.
- Steel tubular frame with single sided swingarm
- Dual 320 mm discs up front with Brembo four piston calipers
- 276 mm disc at the rear with Brembo two piston caliper
- BMW ABS system with off mode
- 45 mm upside down fork with 140mm travel
- Adjustable Paralever rear suspension with 140 mm travel
- Ride modes: Road, Rain
- Traction control (ASC)
- 2->1 exhaust system
- Part TFT dash with three display modes
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
For touring comfort the screen can be easily adjusted to a high or low setting and there's a variety of optional seats to choose from. The 10-spoke 17" wheels take a 120/70 tyre at the front and 180/55 at the rear.
- Comfort (£420): Heated grips, tyre pressure monitor, Chrome-plated exhaust.
- Dynamic (£720): Ride Modes Pro, white LED indicators, LED running light.
- Touring/Premium (£1,260): Dynamic ESA, sat nav prep, Computer Pro, centre stand, cruise control, luggage rack.
Accessories include Ride Modes Pro (Dynamic, Custom), lean angle aware TC, central LED daytime running light (£265), electronic suspension (ESA, £755), quickshifter (£385), keyless start (£250), 840 mm sports seat, 760 mm low seat, heated grips (£240), cruise control (£395), centre stand (£130), luggage grid (£165), panniers, top box and Akrapovic sport silencer.
- 2015-2017: Blue/grey, grey
- 2018: Black, bronze, grey (red frame)
When ESA is fitted the fork is gold and the rear shock white.
Model History & Updates
2017: A few small changes to meet Euro 4 requirements, sidelights and judder damper on transmission output shaft. Cornering ABS Pro and dynamic brake light now options.
Popularity & How Many Left