BMW R1200RS For Sale
The BMW R1200RS is a premium sports touring style bike and is powered by a 1,170cc Boxer engine which puts out 123bhp. It's closely related to the R1200RT tourer.
What Is It?
It's powered by an air/water cooled 1170cc twin cylinder Boxer engine, producing 123.4bhp at 7,750rpm and maximum torque at 6,500rpm. The bike is essentially the R1200R with a fairing and also shares the engine with the R1200GS adventure and R1200RT tourer but with slightly more torque low down.
- Tubular Steel frame
- Dual 320mm discs at the front with Brembo 2 piston calipers
- 276mm disc at the rear with Brembo 2 piston caliper
- BMW ABS system with off mode
- 45mm upside down fork with 140mm travel
- Adjustable Paralever rear suspension with 140mm travel
- Two ride modes: Road and Rain
- Traction control (Automatic Stability Control / ASC)
- 2->1 exhaust system
- Part TFT dash with three display modes
- Gear position indicator
- Shaft final drive
- 6 speed gearbox
For touring comfort the screen can be easily adjusted to a high or low setting and there's a variety of optional seats to choose from.
The optional Riding Modes Pro adds in Dynamic and User configurable modes as well as dynamic traction control with banking detection. Dynamic Electronic Suspension Adjustment (ESA) is also an option, with comfortable Road and more sporty Dynamic settings, both of which let you electronically adjust the suspension settings to suit on the move. When fitted the fork is gold and the rear spring white.
The 10-spoke 17" cast Aluminium wheels take a 120/70 tyre at the front and 180/55 at the rear.
Options include a central LED daytime running light (£265, check the pics), Riding Modes Pro (£355), electronic suspension (£755), quick shifter (£385), keyless start (£250), 840mm sports seat, 760mm low seat, heated grips (£240), cruise control (£395), centre stand (£130), luggage grid (£165), panniers, top box and Akrapovic sport silencer.
- Comfort (£420): Heated grips, tyre pressure monitor and Chrome-plated exhaust.
- Dynamic (£720): Riding modes Pro, white LED indicators and LED running light.
- Touring/Premium (£1,260): Dynamic ESA, sat nav prep, computer Pro, centre stand, cruise control and luggage rack.
2017: A few small changes to meet Euro 4 requirements, sidelights and judder damper on transmission output shaft. Cornering ABS Pro and dynamic brake light now options.
- 2015-2017: Blue/grey, grey
- 2018: Black, bronze, grey (red frame)
Something wrong? Let us know.
Bikes for Sale (0)
Unfortunately we haven't seen any for sale today. Please check back later or have a look at similar models.
Sell Your Bike
Sell your bike with WeWantYourMotorbike today. Just pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours - easy peasy.
We work out the price guide ourselves, independent from any other organisation, so you can easily get a rough valuation or an idea of what it's worth.
Check out this video review from TheMissendenFlyer.