BMW R1200RS For Sale
The BMW R1200RS is a premium sports touring style bike and is powered by a 1,170cc Boxer engine which puts out 123bhp. It's closely related to the naked R1200R and the R1200RT tourer.
What Is It?
It's powered by an air / liquid cooled 1,170cc Boxer engine, producing 123.4bhp at 7,750rpm and maximum torque at 6,500rpm.
- Steel tubular frame with single sided swingarm
- Dual 320mm discs up front with Brembo 2 piston calipers
- 276mm disc at the rear with Brembo 2 piston caliper
- BMW ABS system with off mode
- 45mm upside down fork with 140mm travel
- Adjustable Paralever rear suspension with 140mm travel
- Ride modes: Road, Rain
- Traction control (ASC)
- 2->1 exhaust system
- Part TFT dash with three display modes
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
For touring comfort the screen can be easily adjusted to a high or low setting and there's a variety of optional seats to choose from. The 10-spoke 17" wheels take a 120/70 tyre at the front and 180/55 at the rear.
- Comfort (£420): Heated grips, tyre pressure monitor, Chrome-plated exhaust.
- Dynamic (£720): Ride Modes Pro, white LED indicators, LED running light.
- Touring/Premium (£1,260): Dynamic ESA, sat nav prep, Computer Pro, centre stand, cruise control, luggage rack.
Accessories include Ride Modes Pro (Dynamic, Custom), lean angle aware TC, central LED daytime running light (£265), electronic suspension (ESA, £755), quickshifter (£385), keyless start (£250), 840mm sports seat, 760mm low seat, heated grips (£240), cruise control (£395), centre stand (£130), luggage grid (£165), panniers, top box and Akrapovic sport silencer.
- 2015-2017: Blue/grey, grey
- 2018: Black, bronze, grey (red frame)
2017: A few small changes to meet Euro 4 requirements, sidelights and judder damper on transmission output shaft. Cornering ABS Pro and dynamic brake light now options.
Did You Know?
When ESA is fitted the fork is gold and the rear shock white.
Something wrong? Let us know.
Bikes for Sale (11)
- 1 of 4
Sell Your Bike
Pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation from WeWantYourMotorbike and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours:
Popularity / How Many Left
|Year||On The Road||Off The Road||Total||For Sale|
|2015||425||45||470||84 / month|
|2016||562||50||612||180 / month|
|2017||391||28||419||50 / month|
|2018||389||-||389||36 / month|
Stats include those licenced for use on the road and those off the road with a SORN, by year of production. Source: DVLA
If you know the registration number / VRM you can check the current tax state using Gov.uk
Check out this video review from TheMissendenFlyer.