BMW R1200RS For Sale
What Is It?
The BMW R1200RS is a premium sports touring style bike and is powered by an air / liquid cooled 1,170 cc Boxer engine, producing 123.4 bhp at 7,750 rpm and maximum torque at 6,500 rpm.
- Steel tubular frame with single sided swingarm
- Dual 320 mm discs up front with Brembo four piston calipers
- 276 mm disc at the rear with Brembo two piston caliper
- BMW ABS system with off mode
- 45 mm upside down fork with 140mm travel
- Adjustable Paralever rear suspension with 140 mm travel
- Ride modes: Road, Rain
- Traction control (ASC)
- 2->1 exhaust system
- Part TFT dash with three display modes
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
For touring comfort the screen can be easily adjusted to a high or low setting and there's a variety of optional seats to choose from. The 10-spoke 17" wheels take a 120/70 tyre at the front and 180/55 at the rear.
- Comfort (£420): Heated grips, tyre pressure monitor, Chrome-plated exhaust.
- Dynamic (£720): Ride Modes Pro, white LED indicators, LED running light.
- Touring/Premium (£1,260): Dynamic ESA, sat nav prep, Computer Pro, centre stand, cruise control, luggage rack.
Accessories include Ride Modes Pro (Dynamic, Custom), lean angle aware TC, central LED daytime running light (£265), electronic suspension (ESA, £755), quickshifter (£385), keyless start (£250), 840 mm sports seat, 760 mm low seat, heated grips (£240), cruise control (£395), centre stand (£130), luggage grid (£165), panniers, top box and Akrapovic sport silencer.
- 2015-2017: Blue/grey, grey
- 2018: Black, bronze, grey (red frame)
When ESA is fitted the fork is gold and the rear shock white.
Launch RRP: £11,065
Capacity: 1,170 cc (very high)
Power: 123 bhp / 92 kW (high)
Red Line: 9,000 rpm (average)
Top Speed: 145 mph / 233 km/h (high)
Economy: 45 mpg / 6.3 L/100km (average)
Range: 180 miles / 290 km (high)
Fuel Capacity: 18.0 litres / 4.0 gallons (high)
Seat Height: 820 mm / 32.3 inches (average)
Wet Weight: 236 kg / 520 pounds (heavy)
Power to Weight: 0.521 bhp/kg / 0.389 kW/kg
Road Tax (VED): £96 / Year (Very High)
2017: A few small changes to meet Euro 4 requirements, sidelights and judder damper on transmission output shaft. Cornering ABS Pro and dynamic brake light now options.
Check out this video review from TheMissendenFlyer.
For Sale (25)
Sell Your Bike
Simply pop in the reg number to get a same day valuation from We Want Your Motorbike:
Popularity & How Many Left