Honda VFR1200F For Sale
Insurance Costs: 10 of 10
Current Prices: £9,350–£4,400
What Is It?
The Honda VFR1200F is a premium sports tourer and is powered by a liquid cooled 1,237 cc V4 engine, producing 170.3 bhp at 10,000 rpm and maximum torque at 8,750 rpm. RRP is £13,000 or £14,000 for the GT. The DCT gearbox is £600 extra.
- Aluminium twin spar frame with shaft final drive
- Dual 320 mm discs up front with Nissin six piston calipers
- 276 mm disc at the rear with Nissin two piston caliper
- Combined ABS system (C-ABS)
- Traction control with off mode and slipper clutch
- 43 mm fork with pre-load adjustment and 120 mm travel
- Adjustable rear shock with 130 mm travel
- Slipper clutch
- 6 speed gearbox and gear position indicator
- LED indicators and position lights framing the headlight
- Easy fit panniers (like the Z1000SX)
Compared to the original 2010-2011 model the fuel tank is larger, there's more mid-range torque, an upgraded seat, traction control and improvements to the DCT gearbox.
The optional Dual Clutch Transmission (DCT) automatic gearbox adds 10kg to the weight. One clutch handles 1st / 3rd / 5th while the other handles 2nd / 4th / 6th then the clutch not currently engaged gets the next gear ready for a really quick change.
There are two automatic modes, one a bit sportier, or the rider can pop it in manual mode and shift using buttons on the handlebar. It will even revert back to automatic if needed and blip the throttle when automatically changing down. Clever stuff!
As with Honda's other C-ABS systems the rear brake lever also operates the third pin in the front calipers. The 17" wheels take a 120/70 tyre at the front and 190/55 at the rear.
Accessories include 29 litre panniers, 31 litre top box, 3 position screen extender, 25 mm lower seat, 3 level heated grips and satnav. The GT version gets you the colour coded panniers, larger 46 litre top box, centre stand, heated grips and screen extender.
Colours: Black, red, grey, white (2015 on)
Review In A Few
- Running costs
- Fuel capacity
Capacity: 1,237 cc (very high)
Power: 170 bhp / 127 kW (very high)
Red Line: 10,500 rpm (high)
Top Speed: 165 mph / 265 km/h (very high)
Economy: 40 mpg / 7.1 L/100km (average)
Range: 170 miles / 274 km (high)
Fuel Capacity: 19.0 litres / 4.2 gallons (high)
Seat Height: 815 mm / 32.1 inches (average)
Wet Weight: 267 kg / 589 pounds (very heavy)
Launch RRP: £13,000
Check out this 21,000 mile video review from anthony hoskin.
Something wrong? Let us know.
Create An Alert
Pop in your email address for updates when we see new similar adverts for sale:
- It's super easy to cancel it with just one click.
- Your email will only be used for these alerts.
- You can have one active alert at any one time.
- The alert will time out after 30 days.
Sell Your Bike
Pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation from WeWantYourMotorbike and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours:
Popularity & How Many Left
|Year||On The Road||Off The Road||Total||For Sale|
|2012||267||70||337||270 / month|
|2013||177||29||206||180 / month|
|2014||105||26||131||48 / month|
|2015||145||21||166||110 / month|
|2016||81||4||85||46 / month|