Honda VFR1200F For Sale
The 2012 Honda VFR1200F is a premium sports tourer with shaft drive and is powered by a 1,237cc V4 engine which puts out 170bhp. It was first launched in 2010 and Honda's fancy automatic DCT gearbox is a key option.
What Is It?
- Handling, comfort, practicality
- Fuel capacity, weight, running costs
It's powered by a liquid cooled 1,237cc V4 engine, producing 170.3bhp at 10,000rpm and maximum torque at 8,750rpm. RRP is £13,000 or £14,000 for the GT. The DCT gearbox is £600 extra.
- Aluminium twin spar frame with shaft final drive
- Dual 320mm discs up front with Nissin 3 piston calipers
- 276mm disc at the rear with Nissin 2 piston caliper
- Combined ABS system (C-ABS)
- Traction control with off mode and slipper clutch
- 43mm fork with pre-load adjustment and 120mm travel
- Adjustable rear shock with 130mm travel
- Slipper clutch
- 6 speed gearbox and gear position indicator
- LED indicators and position lights framing the headlight
- Easy fit panniers (like the Z1000SX)
Compared to the original 2010-2011 model the fuel tank is larger, there's more mid-range torque, upgraded seat, traction control and improvements to the DCT gearbox.
The optional Dual Clutch Transmission (DCT) automatic gearbox adds 10kg to the weight. One clutch handles 1st/3rd/5th while the other handles 2nd/4th/6th then the one not currently engaged gets the next gear ready for a really quick change.
There are two automatic modes, one a bit sportier, or the rider can pop it in manual mode and shift using buttons on the handlebar. It will even revert back to automatic if needed and blip the throttle when automatically changing down. Clever stuff!
As with Honda's other C-ABS system the rear brake lever also operates the third pin in the front calipers. The 17" cast Aluminium wheels take a 120/70 tyre at the front and 190/55 at the rear.
Accessories include 29 litre panniers, 31 litre top box, 3 position screen extender, 25mm lower seat, 3 level heated grips and satnav. The GT version gets you the colour coded panniers, larger 46 litre top box, centre stand, heated grips and screen extender.
Colours: Black, red, grey, white (2015 on)
Something wrong? Let us know.
Bikes for Sale (11)
- 1 of 4
Sell Your Bike
Sell your bike with WeWantYourMotorbike today. Just pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours - easy peasy.
Parts & Accessories
Cleaning & Detailing
We thoroughly recommend Petrolhead Detailing for all your cleaning, detailing and paint correction needs. They really know their stuff!
Check out this 21,000 mile review from anthony hoskin: