Honda VFR1200F For Sale
What Is It?
The Honda VFR1200F is a popular premium sports tourer and is powered by a liquid cooled 1,237 cc V4 engine, producing 170.3 bhp at 10,000 rpm and maximum torque at 8,750 rpm.
- Aluminium twin spar frame and shaft final drive
- Dual 320 mm discs up front with Nissin six piston calipers
- 276 mm disc at the rear with Nissin two piston caliper
- Combined ABS system (C-ABS)
- Slipper clutch
- 43 mm fork with pre-load adjustment and 120 mm travel
- Adjustable rear shock with 130 mm travel
- LED indicators and position lights framing the headlight
- 6 speed gearbox
The optional Dual Clutch Transmission (DCT) automatic gearbox adds 10 kg to the weight. One clutch handles 1st / 3rd / 5th while the other handles 2nd / 4th / 6th then the clutch not currently engaged gets the next gear ready for a really quick change.
There are two automatic modes, one a bit sportier, or the rider can pop it in manual mode and shift using buttons on the handlebar. It will even revert back to automatic if needed and blip the throttle when automatically changing down.
As with Honda's other C-ABS systems the rear brake lever also operates the third pin in the front calipers. The 17" wheels take a 120/70 tyre at the front and 190/55 at the rear.
Accessories include a centre stand, colour coded 29 litre panniers, 31 litre top box, 3 position screen extender, 25 mm lower seat, 3 level heated grips and satnav.
Colours: Red, silver, white, black (2011)
Capacity: 1,237 cc (very high)
Power: 170 bhp / 127 kW (very high)
Red Line: 10,000 rpm (average)
Top Speed: 165 mph / 265 km/h (very high)
Economy: 35 mpg / 8.1 L/100km (poor)
Range: 140 miles / 225 km (average)
Fuel Capacity: 18.5 litres / 4.1 gallons (high)
Seat Height: 815 mm / 32.1 inches (average)
Wet Weight: 267 kg / 589 pounds (very heavy)
Power to Weight Ratio: 0.637 bhp/kg / 0.475 kW/kg
Launch RRP: £11,600
Create An Alert
Pop in your email address for updates when we see new similar adverts for sale:
- It's super easy to cancel it with just one click.
- Your email will only be used for these alerts.
- You can have one active alert at any one time.
- The alert will time out after 30 days.
Sell Your Bike
Pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation from WeWantYourMotorbike and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours:
Popularity & How Many Left
|Year||On The Road||Off The Road||Total||For Sale|
|2010||532||142||674||430 / month|
|2011||232||61||293||120 / month|