BMW R1200RT For Sale
What Is It?
The BMW R1200RT is a premium touring bike which can be spec'd up with all the toys and is powered by an air / liquid cooled 1,170 cc Boxer engine, producing 110 bhp at 7,750 rpm and maximum torque at 6,000 rpm.
- Shaft drive
- Dual 320 mm discs up front with Brembo four piston calipers
- 265 mm disc at the rear with two piston caliper
- ABS system
- 35 mm Telelever suspension up front with 120 mm travel
- Rear Paralever suspension with 135 mm travel and adjustable pre-load
- 820 mm / 840 mm adjustable seat
- Electrically adjustable screen
- Adjustable levers, cruise control
- 32 litre panniers, 12V socket
- 6 speed gearbox
Compared to the 2005-2009 model there's a new engine design with improved low down torque, power arrives a bit higher up the range with a higher red line, a new electrically adjustable windscreen, improved dashboard, better wind protection from a new fairing and the black bits on the cylinder head now face down.
The 17" wheels take a 120/70 tyre at the front and 180/60 at the rear.
Accessories include the iPod/MP3 player connection, low 780 mm seat, 28 / 49 litre top boxes, tank bag, computer, heated grips, heated seat, TPMS, sat nav, traction control (ASC) and electronic suspension (ESA II).
Colours: White/black, black/silver, grey/silver, blue/silver
2013: 90th Anniversary edition with black/brown colour scheme, gold fork/brakes, blacked out swingarm and wheels.
Review In A Few
- Less top end vibrations
- Less wobbly screen
Capacity: 1,170 cc (very high)
Power: 110 bhp / 82 kW (high)
Red Line: 8,500 rpm (average)
Top Speed: 130 mph / 209 km/h (high)
Economy: 45 mpg / 6.3 L/100km (average)
Range: 270 miles / 434 km (very high)
Fuel Capacity: 27.0 litres / 5.9 gallons (very high)
Seat Height: 820 mm / 32.3 inches (average)
Wet Weight: 259 kg / 571 pounds (very heavy)
Dry Weight: 229 kg / 505 pounds
Power to Weight Ratio: 0.425 bhp/kg / 0.317 kW/kg
Launch RRP: £11,800
Create An Alert
Pop in your email address for updates when we see new similar adverts for sale:
- It's super easy to cancel it with just one click.
- Your email will only be used for these alerts.
- You can have one active alert at any one time.
- The alert will time out after 30 days.
Sell Your Bike
Pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation from WeWantYourMotorbike and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours:
Popularity & How Many Left
|Year||On The Road||Off The Road||Total||For Sale|
|2010||447||104||551||200 / month|
|2011||377||60||437||240 / month|
|2012||420||58||478||130 / month|
|2013||407||66||473||130 / month|