BMW R1200RT Bikes For Sale
- Seat Height: Average (820 mm / 32.3 inches)
- Weight: Very Heavy (259 kg / 571 lbs)
- Fuel Capacity: Very High (27.0 litres / 7.1 US gallons)
- Economy: Average (45 mpg / 6.3 l/100km / 15.9 km/l)
- Range: Very High (270 miles / 434 km)
- Top Speed: High (130 mph / 209 km/h)
- Capacity: Very High (1,170 cc)
- Power: High (110 bhp / 82 kW)
- Power to Weight: Average (0.425 bhp/kg / 0.317 kW/kg)
- Redline: Average (8,500 rpm)
- Road Tax / VED: Very High (£101 Per Year)
- Launch RRP: £11,800
For Sale (33)
Sell Your Bike
Price Guide & Used Prices
Gear & Accessories
Review In A Few
What Is It?
The BMW R1200RT is a premium touring bike which can be spec'd up with all the toys and is powered by an air / liquid cooled 1,170 cc Boxer engine, producing 110 bhp at 7,750 rpm and maximum torque at 6,000 rpm.
- Shaft drive
- Dual 320 mm discs up front with Brembo four piston calipers
- 265 mm disc at the rear with two piston caliper
- ABS system
- 35 mm Telelever suspension up front with 120 mm travel
- Rear Paralever suspension with 135 mm travel and adjustable pre-load
- 820 mm / 840 mm adjustable seat
- Electrically adjustable screen
- Adjustable levers, cruise control
- 32 litre panniers
- 12V socket
- 6 speed gearbox
Compared to the 2005-2009 model there's a new engine design with improved low down torque, power arrives a bit higher up the range with a higher red line, a new electrically adjustable windscreen, improved dashboard, better wind protection from a new fairing and the black bits on the cylinder head now face down.
The 17" wheels take a 120/70 tyre at the front and 180/60 at the rear.
Accessories include the iPod/MP3 player connection, low 780 mm seat, 28 / 49 litre top boxes, tank bag, computer, heated grips, heated seat, TPMS, sat nav, traction control (ASC) and electronic suspension (ESA II).
Colours: White/black, black/silver, grey/silver, blue/silver
Model History & Updates
2013: 90th Anniversary edition with black/brown colour scheme, gold fork/brakes, blacked out swingarm and wheels.
Popularity & How Many Left