Yamaha FJR1300 Bikes For Sale
- Seat Height: Average (805 mm / 31.7 inches)
- Weight: Very Heavy (289 kg / 637 lbs)
- Fuel Capacity: Very High (25.0 litres / 6.6 US gallons)
- Economy: Average (45 mpg / 6.3 l/100km / 15.9 km/l)
- Range: High (250 miles / 402 km)
- Top Speed: Very High (155 mph / 249 km/h)
- Capacity: Very High (1,298 cc)
- Power: High (144 bhp / 107 kW)
- Power to Weight: Average (0.498 bhp/kg / 0.372 kW/kg)
- Redline: Average (9,000 rpm)
- Road Tax / VED: Very High (£101 Per Year)
- Launch RRP: £13,450
For Sale (23)
Sell Your Bike
Gear & Accessories
Review In A Few
Check out this video review from TheMissendenFlyer.
What Is It?
The Yamaha FJR1300 is a super popular premium touring bike and is powered by a liquid cooled 1,298 cc inline four engine, producing 144.2 bhp at 8,000 rpm and maximum torque at 7,000 rpm.
- Aluminium twin spar frame
- Dual 320 mm discs up front with four piston calipers
- 282 mm disc at the rear with single piston caliper
- ABS and unified braking system
- 48 mm fork with 135 mm travel
- Rear shock with 125 mm travel
- Cruise control and three ride modes
- Traction control - switchable
- 5 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
- 3-level heated grips
- 12V socket in left glovebox
- Adjustable handlebars and levers
- 4->2 exhaust system
- Centre stand
The engine is forward inclined for improved handling, power reaches the rear wheel via shaft drive and it's available in three flavours with the base FJ1300A costing £13,450. The 3-spoke 17" wheels take a 120/70 tyre at the front and 180/55 at the rear.
Compared to the 2006-2012 model the dash is a new design, suspension has been tweaked, power is up 3 bhp, the fairings tweaked a bit and the exhaust system is new. The rider's seat height can be set at 805 mm or 825 mm while the electrically adjustable screen stays put even when the bike is off.
Accessories include dual Akrapovic mufflers (£1,323), 20 litre panniers (£387), 50 litre top box (£457), comfort rider seat (£215), comfort pillion seat (£145), tall screen (£212), hand guards (£178) and carrier rack (£172).
FJR1300AE - £15,650
Available from 2014 the £2,200 more expensive AE gets you an upside down fork and electronically adjustable suspension with four modes and three damping levels. You also get banking aware cornering headlights and the 20 litre panniers but it comes in 3 kg heavier at 292 kg wet.
FJR1300AS - £16,200
The additional £550 gets you an electronic clutchless gearshift system, operated via a thumb button or your left foot. At 296 kg wet it adds 4 kg to the weight over the AE.
Colours: Black, silver, brown, red, blueDid You Know?
Over 60,000 have been sold in Europe to date and over 120,000 worldwide.
Model History & Updates
2016: New 400g lighter 6 speed gearbox, full LED lighting, new front fairing and assist / slipper clutch. The AS gets cornering LED lights which use the IMU. Dainese D-Air system now an option.
2020: Ultimate Edition of AS and AE launched to mark the end of 20 years producing the FJR. It has a special black/gold colour scheme, special seat finish, tall screen, wind deflectors and hard panniers.
Popularity & How Many Left