Yamaha FJR1300 For Sale
What Is It?
The Yamaha FJR1300 is a super popular premium touring bike and is powered by a liquid cooled 1,298 cc four cylinder engine, producing 141.5 bhp at 8,000 rpm and maximum torque at 7,000 rpm.
- Aluminium twin spar frame and shaft drive
- Dual 320 mm discs up front with Nissin four piston calipers
- 282 mm disc at the rear with Nissin single piston caliper
- ABS and unified braking system
- Adjustable 48 mm fork with 135 mm travel
- Adjustable rear shock with 125 mm travel
- Electric adjustable screen
- Adjustable seat and handlebars
- Heated grips, 12V socket
- 5 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
Compared to the 2001-2005 model ABS is now standard and includes a combined braking system, the bodywork gets a new more angular look, panniers are now standard and stick out less, the re-designed screen is more adjustable and the engine Euro 3 compliant.
Elsewhere the swingarm is a bit longer, the new dash features a gear position indicator, the rider's seat is adjustable over two positions, there's a more efficient curved radiator, the mirrors fold and the headlight is now easy to adjust for two up riding. The 3-spoke 17" wheels take a 120/70 tyre at the front and 180/55 at the rear.
The £11,000 FJR1300AS is also now available with an electronic clutchless shifter, operated from a handlebar switch or left foot. You also get the speed sensitive heated grips but it adds 4 kg to the weight at 295 kg wet.
Accessories include the rear carrier (£172), tall screen (£209), handguards (£154), 39 litre top box (£438), comfort seat (£307), heated grips and LED indicators (£46).
- 2006: Silver, gold, blue/white
- 2007: Grey/silver, red/silver, blue/white
- 2008: Black, black/grey, silver/black
- 2009-2010: Black, dark grey, black/silver/blue
- 2011-2012: Black, silver
2009: Lighter upgraded clutch and new mapping for AS version.
Review In A Few
- Comfort, smooth power, handling, protection, perfect two up, runs cooler
- On the heavy side, tallish seat
Capacity: 1,298 cc (very high)
Power: 142 bhp / 106 kW (high)
Red Line: 9,000 rpm (average)
Top Speed: 155 mph / 249 km/h (very high)
Economy: 40 mpg / 7.1 L/100km (average)
Range: 220 miles / 354 km (high)
Fuel Capacity: 25.0 litres / 5.5 gallons (very high)
Seat Height: 805 mm / 31.7 inches (average)
Wet Weight: 291 kg / 642 pounds (very heavy)
Power to Weight Ratio: 0.488 bhp/kg / 0.364 kW/kg
Launch RRP: £10,500
Create An Alert
Pop in your email address for updates when we see new similar adverts for sale:
- It's super easy to cancel it with just one click.
- Your email will only be used for these alerts.
- You can have one active alert at any one time.
- The alert will time out after 30 days.
Sell Your Bike
Pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation from WeWantYourMotorbike and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours:
Popularity & How Many Left
|Year||On The Road||Off The Road||Total||For Sale|
|2006||215||62||277||110 / month|
|2007||234||67||301||62 / month|
|2008||324||130||454||160 / month|
|2009||260||56||316||25 / month|
|2010||163||35||198||58 / month|
|2011||54||14||68||52 / month|
|2012||85||14||99||16 / month|