Yamaha FJR1300 For Sale
The 2006 Yamaha FJR1300 is a super popular premium touring bike and is powered by a 1,298cc inline four engine which puts out 142bhp. It was originally launched in 2001 and updated in 2013.
- Comfort, smooth power, handling, protection, perfect two up, runs cooler
- On the heavy side, tallish seat
What Is It?
It's powered by a liquid cooled 1,298cc four cylinder engine, producing 141.5bhp at 8,000rpm and maximum torque at 7,000rpm.
- Aluminium twin spar frame and shaft drive
- Dual 320m discs up front with Nissin 2 piston calipers
- 282mm disc at the rear with Nissin single piston caliper
- ABS and unified braking system
- Adjustable 48mm fork with 135mm travel
- Adjustable rear shock with 125mm travel
- Electric adjustable screen
- Adjustable seat and handlebars
- Heated grips, 12V socket
- 5 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
Compared to the 2001-2005 model ABS is now standard and includes a combined braking system, the bodywork gets a new more angular look, panniers are now standard and stick out less, the re-designed screen is more adjustable and the engine Euro 3 compliant.
Elsewhere the swingarm is a bit longer, the new dash features a gear position indicator, the rider's seat is adjustable over two positions, there's a more efficient curved radiator, the mirrors fold and the headlight is now easy to adjust for two up riding. The 3-spoke 17" wheels take a 120/70 tyre at the front and 180/55 at the rear.
The £11,000 FJR1300AS is also now available with an electronic clutchless shifter, operated from a handlebar switch or left foot. You also get the speed sensitive heated grips but it adds 4kg to the weight at 295kg wet.
Accessories include the rear carrier (£172), tall screen (£209), handguards (£154), 39 litre top box (£438), comfort seat (£307), heated grips and LED indicators (£46).
- 2006: Silver, gold, blue/white
- 2007: Grey/silver, red/silver, blue/white
- 2008: Black, black/grey, silver/black
- 2009-2010: Black, dark grey, black/silver/blue
- 2011-2012: Black, silver
2009: Lighter upgraded clutch and new mapping for AS version.
Something wrong? Let us know.
Bikes for Sale (22)
- 1 of 8
Sell Your Bike
Pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation from WeWantYourMotorbike and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours:
Parts & Accessories
|Use the code thebikemarket at the checkout for a cheeky little discount!|
|Year||On the road||Off the road||Total registered||Adverts seen|