Yamaha FJR1300 For Sale
The 2006 Yamaha FJR1300 is a super popular premium touring bike and is powered by a 1,298cc inline four engine which puts out 142bhp. It was originally launched in 2001 and updated in 2013.
- Comfort, smooth power, improved handling of heat
- On the heavy side, tallish seat
What Is It?
It's powered by a Euro 3 compliant liquid cooled 1,298cc four cylinder engine, producing 141.5bhp at 8,000rpm and maximum torque at 7,000rpm. The engine is forward inclined for improved handling, power reaches the rear wheel via shaft drive like the R1200GS and it's available in two flavours; the standard FJR1300 for £10,500 and the new FJR1300AS with electric clutchless shifter for £11,000.
- Aluminium twin spar frame
- Dual 320m discs up front with Nissin 2 piston calipers
- 282mm disc at the rear with Nissin single piston caliper
- ABS and unified braking system
- Adjustable 48mm fork with 135mm travel
- Adjustable rear shock with 125mm travel
- Electric adjustable screen
- Adjustable seat (2 positions) and handlebars
- Heated grips and 12V socket
- 5 speed gearbox
Compared to the 2001-2005 model ABS is now standard and includes a combined braking system, the bodywork gets a new more angular look, panniers are now standard and stick out less, the re-designed screen is more adjustable, and the engine Euro 3 compliant.
Elsewhere the swingarm is a bit longer, the new dash features a gear position indicator, the rider's seat is adjustable over two positions, there's a curved radiator, the mirrors fold and the headlight is now easy to adjust for two up riding.
The FJR1300AS is also now available with an electronic clutchless shifter, operated from a handlebar switch or left foot. You also get the speed sensitive heated grips but it adds 4kg to the weight at 295kg wet.
The 3-spoke cast Aluminium 17" wheels take a 120/70 tyre at the front and 180/55 at the rear.
Accessories include rear carrier (£172), tall screen (£209), handguards (£154), 39 litre top box (£438), comfort seat (£307), heated grips and LED indicators (£46).
- 2006: Silver, gold, blue/white
- 2007: Grey/silver, red/silver, blue/white
- 2008: Black, black/grey, silver/black
- 2009-2010: Black, dark grey, black/silver/blue
- 2011-2012: Black, silver
2009: Lighter upgraded clutch and new mapping for AS version.
Something wrong? Let us know.
Bikes for Sale (23)
Sell Your Bike
Sell your bike with WeWantYourMotorbike today. Just pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours - easy peasy.
Parts & Accessories
Check out this handy AS walkaround from Ryan Shelton:
How many bikes like this are around, by year of production, including those licensed for use on the road and those off the road with a Statutory Off Road Notification (SORN).
|Year||On The Road||Off The Road||Total Around|