BMW R1250RT Bikes For Sale
What Is It?
The BMW R1250RT is a premium touring bike which can be spec'd up with all the toys and is powered by a liquid cooled 1,254 cc Boxer engine with Variable Valve Timing (VVT), producing 134.1 bhp at 7,750 rpm and maximum torque at 6,250 rpm.
- Shaft drive
- Dual 320 mm discs up front with Hayes four piston calipers
- 276 mm disc at the rear with Brembo two piston caliper
- BMW cornering ABS system with dynamic brake light
- Telelever front suspension with 120 mm travel
- Adjustable Paralever rear suspension with 136 mm travel
- Ride modes: Road, Rain
- Traction control, hill start assist
- 805 mm / 825 mm adjustable seat
- LED tail light, LED indicators and Halogen headlight
- 5.7" colour TFT dash with multi wheel controller
- Electrically adjustable screen
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
Compared to the outgoing R1200RT the big change is the new 84 cc larger engine with variable intake camshaft technology (BMW ShiftCam) and a new exhaust system to match. It mechanically shifts between a low speed efficient and high speed high power cam profile to offer better economy and power.
Power is up 9 bhp and maximum torque appears a smidge further down the range, while BMW claim fuel economy is a bit better as well. There's also a new spoiler on the belly, new exhaust and weight is inevitably up, but only by 5 kg. The 5-spoke 17" wheels take a 120/70 tyre at the front and 180/55 at the rear.
BMW have upgraded the optional active suspension system to load balance automatically and it still adapts with the riding mode or can be put into fully dynamic mode.
- Base: Heated grips, cornering ABS, dynamic brake light
- SE (£15,615): Base plus Dynamic ESA, heated seat, cruise control, extra 12V socket
- LE (£16,700): SE plus quickshifter, Chrome exhaust, central locking, TPMS, alarm, Option 719 paint
Options include electrically adjustable suspension (Dynamic ESA), Ride Modes Pro, low 760 mm seat, high 850 mm seat, LED daytime running lights, intelligent SOS system, special "Option 719" seat / wheels / paint, Akrapovic silencer, heated seat, Aluminium luggage system, 28 / 49 litre top box, quickshifter, low screen and various billet parts.
- 2019: White, red, black, blue, brown
- 2020: White, red, gold, blue/white, brown/white
Launch RRP: £14,415
Capacity: 1,254 cc (very high)
Power: 134 bhp / 100 kW (high)
Red Line: 9,000 rpm (average)
Top Speed: 125 mph / 201 km/h (high)
Economy: 45 mpg / 6.3 L/100km (average)
Range: 250 miles / 402 km (high)
Fuel Capacity: 25.0 litres / 6.6 US gallons (very high)
Seat Height: 805 mm / 31.7 inches (average)
Wet Weight: 279 kg / 615 pounds (very heavy)
Power to Weight: 0.480 bhp/kg / 0.358 kW/kg
Road Tax (VED): £96 / Year (Very High)
Review In A Few
- Electronics package
- Gets expensive fast with all the options
- Short service intervals
Check out this video review from TheMissendenFlyer.
For Sale (7)
Sell Your Bike
Simply pop in the reg number to get a same day valuation from We Want Your Motorbike:
Popularity & How Many Left