BMW R1250RT Bikes For Sale
- Seat Height: Average (805 mm / 31.7 inches)
- Weight: Very Heavy (279 kg / 615 lbs)
- Fuel Capacity: Very High (25.0 litres / 6.6 US gallons)
- Economy: Average (45 mpg / 6.3 l/100km / 15.9 km/l)
- Range: High (250 miles / 402 km)
- Top Speed: High (125 mph / 201 km/h)
- Capacity: Very High (1,254 cc)
- Power: High (134 bhp / 100 kW)
- Power to Weight: Average (0.480 bhp/kg / 0.358 kW/kg)
- Redline: Average (9,000 rpm)
- Road Tax / VED: Very High (£101 Per Year)
- Launch RRP: £15,820
For Sale (3)
Sell Your Bike
Gear & Accessories
Review In A Few
What Is It?
The BMW R1250RT is a premium touring bike which can be spec'd up with all the toys and is powered by a Euro 5 compliant liquid cooled 1,254 cc Boxer engine with Variable Valve Timing (VVT), producing 134.1 bhp at 7,750 rpm and maximum torque at 6,250 rpm.
- Shaft drive
- Dual 320 mm discs up front with Hayes four piston calipers
- 276 mm disc at the rear with Brembo two piston caliper
- BMW cornering ABS system with dynamic brake light
- Telelever front suspension with 120 mm travel
- Adjustable Paralever rear suspension with 136 mm travel
- Ride modes: Road, Rain, Eco
- Traction control
- Hill start assist
- Dynamic cruise control
- 70 litre pannier system
- 805 mm / 825 mm adjustable seat
- LED lighting all round
- Electrically adjustable screen
- 4 shortcut buttons on the left fairing
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
Compared to the 2019-2020 model there's full LED lighting as standard, a new nose design, Eco riding mode, updated cornering ABS, larger 10.25" TFT dash with connectivity and improved speakers.
The big new option for 2021 is the £500 Active Cruise Control (ACC) which is powered by the new Bosch radar sensor in the re-designed nose. It builds on the standard lean angle aware dynamic cruise control by maintaining three levels of distance from the vehicle in front while also keeping braking to a minimum when cornering. The system has two settings for how sharply it brakes and accelerates.
The larger dash allows a portion of the screen to be devoted to sat nav duties and your mobile can be secured in an optional splash proof, lockable and ventilated glovebox with USB or wireless charging. The fan ventilation dissipates the heat from charging your phone.
As before BMW's ShiftCam VVT system mechanically shifts between a low speed efficient and high speed high power cam profile to offer better economy and power. The optional active suspension system load balances automatically and it still adapts with the riding mode or can be put into fully dynamic mode.
The 5-spoke 17" wheels take a Michelin Road 5 120/70 tyre at the front and 180/55 at the rear.
Options include electrically adjustable suspension (Dynamic ESA, £820), Ride Modes Pro with engine drag torque control (MSR, £190), low 760 mm seat, high 850 mm seat, cornering headlight (£575), LED DRL (£105), LED fog lights (£360), lean angle aware Hill Start Control Pro (HSC Pro), intelligent SOS system (£305), special "Option 719" seat / wheels / paint, Akrapovic silencer (£850), heated seats (£240), 28 / 49 litre top box, quickshifter (£410), keyless start (£295), TPMS (£225) and various billet parts.
- 2021: White, gold (Elegance), blue (Sport), white metallic (Option 719)
- 2022: Black, white, blue, white metallic (Option 719)