BMW R1250GS For Sale
The 2019 BMW R1250GS is a premium adventure bike which can be spec'd up with all the toys and is powered by a 1,254cc Boxer engine which puts out 134bhp. It replaces the R1200GS and is also available as the beefier R1250GSA.
- Looks, performance, gearbox, electronics, TFT screen
- Large, heavy, it will probably cost the best part of £20k
What Is It?
It's powered by a liquid cooled 1,254cc Boxer engine with Variable Valve Timing (VVT), producing 134.1bhp at 7,750rpm and maximum torque at 6,250rpm. Power makes its way to the rear wheel via shaft drive.
- Dual 305mm discs up front with BMW 2 piston calipers
- 276mm disc at the rear with Brembo 2 piston caliper
- BMW ABS system with off mode
- Telelever front suspension with 190mm travel
- Adjustable Paralever rear suspension with 200mm travel
- Ride modes: Road, Rain
- Traction control, hill start assist
- 850mm / 870mm adjustable seat
- LED lighting all round
- 6.5" colour TFT dash with multi wheel and connectivity
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
Compared to the R1200GS the big change is the new 84cc larger engine with VVT (BMW ShiftCam) and a new exhaust system to match. There are some diagrams above to check out but basically it mechanically shifts between a low speed efficient and high speed high power cam profile to offer better economy and power.
Power is up 11bhp and maximum torque appears a smidge further down the range, while BMW claim fuel economy is a bit better as well but weight is inevitably up by 5kg. The 10-spoke 19" front wheel takes a 120/70 tyre and the rear 17" a 170/60.
Options include Dynamic ESA (electrically adjustable suspension, auto load balancing), off-road sports suspension setup, Ride Modes Pro, cornering ABS, dynamic brake light, low 800mm seat, high 900mm seat, LED running lights, intelligent SOS system, Akrapovic silencer, heated seat, Aluminium luggage system, 28 / 49 litre top box, quickshifter, low screen and various billet Aluminium parts.
- Rallye (£13,950): Base model plus radiator/frame guards, pannier fastenings, handguards, low sports screen, wire-spoked wheels, black swingarm and off-road pegs.
- Rallye TE (£16,975): As Rallye plus DTC/ESA, keyless start, LED DRL, quickshifter, all riding modes, Chrome exhaust, heated grips, TPMS, cruise control, LED indicators, cornering ABS, black swingarm and pannier fastenings.
- TE (£16,200): Base model plus DTC/ESA, keyless start, LED DRL, radiator/frame guard, quickshifter, all riding modes, heated grips, TPMS, cruise control, cornering ABS and LED indicators.
- Exclusive TE (£16,500): As TE plus handguards, special Blackstorm paint scheme, black fork/wheels/swingarm and gold calipers.
Colours: Black, blue, white/blue/red, black special
Something wrong? Let us know.
Bikes for Sale (1)
Sell Your Bike
Pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation from WeWantYourMotorbike and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours:
Check out this video review from TheMissendenFlyer.