BMW R1250GS For Sale
What Is It?
The BMW R1250GS is a premium adventure bike which can be spec'd up with all the toys and is powered by a liquid cooled 1,254 cc Boxer engine with Variable Valve Timing (VVT), producing 134.1 bhp at 7,750 rpm and maximum torque at 6,250 rpm. Power makes its way to the rear wheel via shaft drive.
- Dual 305 mm discs up front with BMW four piston calipers
- 276 mm disc at the rear with Brembo two piston caliper
- BMW ABS system with off mode
- Telelever front suspension with 190 mm travel
- Adjustable Paralever rear suspension with 200 mm travel
- Ride modes: Road, Rain
- Traction control
- Hill start assist
- 850 mm / 870 mm adjustable seat
- LED lighting all round
- 6.5" colour TFT dash with multi wheel and connectivity
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
Compared to the R1200GS the big change is the new 84 cc larger engine with VVT (BMW ShiftCam) and a new exhaust system to match. There are some diagrams above to check out but basically it mechanically shifts between a low speed efficient and high speed high power cam profile to offer better economy and power.
Power is up 11 bhp and maximum torque appears a smidge further down the range, while BMW claim fuel economy is a bit better as well but weight is inevitably up by 5 kg. The 10-spoke 19" front wheel takes a 120/70 tyre and the rear 17" a 170/60.
- Rallye (£13,950): Base model plus radiator/frame guards, pannier fastenings, handguards, low sports screen, wire-spoked wheels, black swingarm and off-road pegs.
- Rallye TE (£16,975): As Rallye plus DTC/ESA, keyless start, LED DRL, quickshifter, all riding modes, Chrome exhaust, heated grips, TPMS, cruise control, LED indicators, cornering ABS, black swingarm and pannier fastenings.
- TE (£16,200): Base model plus DTC/ESA, keyless start, LED DRL, radiator/frame guard, quickshifter, all riding modes, heated grips, TPMS, cruise control, cornering ABS and LED indicators.
- Exclusive TE (£16,500): As TE plus handguards, special Blackstorm paint scheme, black fork/wheels/swingarm and gold calipers.
Options include Dynamic ESA (electrically adjustable suspension, auto load balancing), off-road sports suspension setup, Ride Modes Pro, cornering ABS, dynamic brake light, low 800 mm seat, high 900 mm seat, LED running lights, intelligent SOS system, Akrapovic silencer, heated seat, Aluminium luggage system, Aluminium luggage holder, 28 / 49 litre top box, quickshifter, low screen and various billet Aluminium parts.
- 2018-2020: Black, blue, white/blue/red, black special
- 2021: Black, black/white, white/blue/red, black/gold (40th)
Launch RRP: £13,415
Capacity: 1,254 cc (very high)
Power: 134 bhp / 100 kW (high)
Red Line: 9,000 rpm (average)
Top Speed: 125 mph / 201 km/h (high)
Economy: 50 mpg / 5.6 L/100km (average)
Range: 220 miles / 354 km (high)
Fuel Capacity: 20.0 litres / 4.4 gallons (high)
Seat Height: 850 mm / 33.5 inches (average)
Wet Weight: 249 kg / 549 pounds (heavy)
Power to Weight: 0.538 bhp/kg / 0.401 kW/kg
Road Tax (VED): £96 / Year (Very High)
Review In A Few
- TFT screen
- It will probably cost the best part of £20k with the options
2021: Euro 5 compliant, dynamic traction control / cornering ABS now standard, new Eco riding mode, Hill Start Control Pro (lean angle aware) / Cornering Headlight as new options.
Check out this video review from TheMissendenFlyer.
For Sale (15)
Sell Your Bike
Simply pop in the reg number to get a same day valuation from We Want Your Motorbike:
Popularity & How Many Left