Ducati Multistrada 1260 S For Sale
Insurance Costs: 10 of 10
Current Prices: £15,500–£12,400
Launch RRP: £17,200
Power: 156 bhp
Engine: 1,262 cc, 10,500 rpm red line, 160 mph top speed
Economy: 45 mpg
Range: 200 miles from the 20.0 litre tank
Seat Height: 825 mm
Weight: 235 kg (wet), 212 kg (dry)
What Is It?
The Ducati Multistrada 1260 S is a premium adventure bike and is powered by a liquid cooled 1,262cc Testastretta DVT V-Twin engine, producing 155.8bhp at 9,500rpm and maximum torque at 7,500rpm.
- Steel tubular frame with Aluminium single sided swingarm
- Dual 320mm discs up front with Brembo Evo M50 2 piston monobloc calipers
- 265mm disc at the rear with single piston caliper
- Bosch 9.1ME Cornering ABS with 3 levels and off mode
- 8-level traction control, cruise control
- Electrically adjustable Sachs 48mm upside down fork with 170mm travel
- Electrically adjustable Sachs shock with 170mm travel
- Ride modes: Urban (100bhp), Touring, Sport, Enduro
- Assist and slipper clutch, keyless start
- 825mm / 845mm adjustable seat
- Hand adjustable screen
- Aluminium tail pipes with Stainless Steel muffler
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
Compared to the 2015-2017 1200 S engine capacity is up 64cc with power about the same from a new Testastretta DVT engine, providing 85% of the torque from 3,500rpm which is up 18%, a slightly longer swingarm / wheelbase, evolved grab handle / pannier mount from the 1200 Enduro which can take the Touratech Aluminium panniers, new lighter wheels, cornering lights and higher resolution TFT dash.
The electronics package includes hill hold control, wheelie control, auto cancelling indicators and backlit switches. The 5-spoke 17" wheels take a Pirelli Scorpion Trail II 120/70 tyre at the front and 190/55 at the rear.
Over the base 1260 you get Brembo Evo M50 brakes at the front with 10mm larger discs, Sachs electrically adjustable suspension, the 5" colour TFT dash, LED headlight, cornering lights, quickshifter and multimedia system but it's 3kg heavier. The £700 more 1260 S D-Air version adds another 1kg to the weight.
Accessories include the plastic or Aluminium panniers, top box, centre stand, heated grips, Termignoni exhaust, engine bars, LED fog lights, belly pan, radiator guard, off-road pegs and Carbon bits.
- Urban Pack: Top box, USB hub, tank bag
- Touring Pack: Centre stand, panniers, 3-level heated grips
- Sport Pack: Carbon front mudguard, machined reservoir caps, Termignoni exhaust
- Enduro Pack: Engine bars, LED fog lights, radiator guard, belly pan, off-road pegs, enlarged kickstand base
Colours: Black, white, red
At the top of the range the £20,800 1260 Pikes Peak builds on the S with Ohlins suspension, 3-spoke forged wheels, Termignoni exhaust, special red/white/black colour scheme and Carbon screen / front mudguard / side panels. It's 3kg lighter than the base model and 6kg lighter than the 1260 S.
2020: Grand Tour model builds on the 1260 S with a special paint scheme, red frame finish, panniers, hands free petrol cap, LED fog lights, TPMS, 3-level heated grips, centre stand and premium seat.
- Ducati Multistrada 1260
- Ducati Multistrada 1260 S Grand Tour
- Ducati Multistrada 1260 Pikes Peak
- Ducati Multistrada 1260 Enduro
Check out this video from mark pulling.
Something wrong? Let us know.
Bikes for Sale (7)
- 1 of 3
Sell Your Bike
Pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation from WeWantYourMotorbike and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours:
|Year||On The Road||Off The Road||Total||For Sale|
|2018||312||-||312||140 / month|
|2019||Data not yet available||110 / month|
Stats include those licenced for use on the road and those off the road with a SORN, by year of production. Source: DVLA
If you know the registration number / VRM you can check the current tax state using Gov.uk