Ducati Multistrada V4 S Bikes For Sale
- Seat Height: Average (840 mm / 33.1 inches)
- Weight: Heavy (243 kg / 536 lbs)
- Fuel Capacity: Very High (22.0 litres / 5.8 US gallons)
- Economy: Poor (35 mpg / 8.1 l/100km / 12.4 km/l)
- Range: High (170 miles / 274 km)
- Top Speed: Very High (160 mph / 257 km/h)
- Capacity: Very High (1,158 cc)
- Power: Very High (168 bhp / 125 kW)
- Power to Weight: High (0.691 bhp/kg / 0.516 kW/kg)
- Redline: Average (10,000 rpm)
- Road Tax / VED: Very High (£101 Per Year)
- Launch RRP: £18,395
Sell Your Bike
Price Guide & Used Prices
Gear & Accessories
Review In A Few
What Is It?
The Ducati Multistrada V4 S is a premium adventure bike and is powered by a liquid cooled 1,158 cc V4 Granturismo engine, producing 167.6 bhp at 10,500 rpm and maximum torque at 8,750 rpm.
- Aluminium frame and swingarm with Steel tubular subframe
- Dual 330 mm discs up front with Brembo M50 Stylema four piston calipers
- 265 mm disc at the rear with Brembo two piston caliper
- Bosch 10.3ME Cornering ABS with 3 levels
- Electrically adjustable Marzocchi 50 mm upside down fork with 170 mm travel
- Electrically adjustable Marzocchi shock with 180 mm travel
- 8-level traction control
- 8-level wheelie control
- Cruise control
- Ride modes: Urban (115 bhp), Touring, Sport, Enduro (115 bhp)
- Assist and slipper clutch
- LED lighting with cornering headlight
- Backlit switches
- Adjustable 6.5" TFT dash
- 12V socket near dash
- Keyless start
- 840 mm / 860 mm adjustable seat
- Hand adjustable screen
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
- 4->1->2 exhaust system
Compared to the Multistrada 1260 S there's a 104 cc smaller V4 engine making almost 12 bhp more 1,000 rpm higher up the range with peak torque 1,250 rpm higher. It even de-activates the two rear cylinders at idle for increased economy and reduced heat.
The brand new engine is more compact than the Panigale V4 it's derived from and only weighs 67 kg, plus Ducati have focused on reliability with the valve play check set at every 37,300 miles (60,000 km) and oil changes every 9,300 miles (15,000 km). It also differs from the Panigale engine by opting for non-Desmodromic valves.
There's also 10 mm more travel at the rear, a larger 19" front wheel and fuel capacity is up 2 litres. It's 9 kg heavier, has a 15 mm higher seat and the sexy single sided swingarm is no more to allow wire-spoked wheels.
In a nod to practicality Ducati have even included a handy mobile phone compartment on top of the fuel tank, including a USB socket.
The V4 S builds on the £15,495 V4 with a 1.5" larger TFT dash with connectivity / satnav sharing, Skyhook semi-active electronic suspension with new auto-level system, 10 mm larger front discs with Brembo Stylema calipers, hill hold control, dynamic brake light, cornering headlight, joystick, keyless start, cruise control and a centre stand but it's 3 kg heavier.
The exciting new option for 2021 is the Bosch radar powered Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) with blind spot monitoring. It uses a front facing radar module in the nose for the ACC, allowing you to keep a set 4-level distance from the vehicle in front between 18 mph (30 km/h) and 100 mph (160 km/h) while the rear facing module monitors the blind spots with little LEDs embedded in the mirrors alerting you to vehicles accelerating in your blind spot either side.
The 10-spoke 19" front wheel takes a Pirelli Scorpion Trail II 120/70 tyre and the rear 17" a 170/60.
Accessories include the ACC + blind spot monitoring, Akrapovic Titanium / Carbon exhaust, spoked wheels, knobbly tyres, panniers, top box, TPMS, 810 mm low seat, 875 mm high seat, heated grips, heated seats, engine bars, LED fog lights and loads of Carbon bits.
The £19,995 range topping Multistrada V4 S Sport adds the Akrapovic silencer and Carbon front mudguard, shaving 1 kg off the weight.
- 2021: Grey, red, red/black/white (Sport)
- 2022: Grey, red, white
Multistrada means "many roads", hinting at Ducati's aim of producing a bike that's equally capable with sport, touring and enduro duties.
Model History & Updates
2022: Minimum pre-load system and updated dash software.