Ducati Panigale V4 S For Sale
What Is It?
The Ducati Panigale V4 S is a premium sports bike and is powered by a liquid cooled 1,103 cc 90° V4 Desmosedici Stradale engine with MotoGP style counter-rotating crank, producing 211.2 bhp at 13,000 rpm and maximum torque at 10,000 rpm.
- Aluminium frame and swingarm, Magnesium sub frame
- Dual 330 mm discs up front with the latest Brembo M4.30 four piston calipers
- 245 mm disc at the rear with Brembo two piston caliper
- Bosch 9.1MP Evo cornering ABS
- Electrically adjustable 43 mm Ohlins NIX30 fork with 120 mm travel
- Electrically adjustable Ohlins TTX36 rear shock with 130 mm travel
- Ohlins steering damper
- Ride modes: Street, Sport, Race
- Slide control
- Wheelie control
- Engine brake control
- Launch control
- Auto tyre pressure calibration
- 5" colour TFT dash
- LED lighting all round
- 4->2->1->2 exhaust system
- Assist and slipper clutch
- Lean angle aware up / down quickshifter
- 6 speed gearbox
It builds on the £19,250 V4 with a light weight Lithium battery, forged wheels, Ohlins electrically adjustable suspension and steering damper.
Compared to the outgoing 1299 Panigale S it's down in capacity by 182 cc but up 6 bhp in power, red lines 3,000 rpm higher and weighs 4 kg more.
The Marchesini 3-spoke forged 17" wheels take a Pirelli Diablo Supercorsa SP 120/70 tyre at the front and a huge 200/60 at the rear.
Accessories include the GPS / data logger and multimedia system.
Up And Down The Range
At the top of the range the £35,000 V4 Speciale is the same weight as the V4 S but gets you the special red/white/green paint scheme, full Titanium Akrapovic racing exhaust which adds around 15 bhp, racing screen, single seat and pegs, GPS/data logger, Carbon Fibre mudguards / heel guard / swingarm cover, Alcantara seat, special grips, adjustable pegs, racing levers, racing fuel cap, machined mirror block-off plates, brake level protection and paddock cover. It's limited to 1,500 units.
2019: Track focused V4 R launched with smaller but more powerful engine, Carbon winglets, cooling gills, semi-naked fuel tank and 2 kg shaved off the weight but no electronic suspension.
2019: £25,800 track only version of the V4 S called the V4 S Corse with a special colour scheme and no plate or mirrors.
2020: Ducati bought over a few bits from the V4 R. Specifically the wings and cooling gills, the lighter front frame and the Evo 2 traction control. They also tweaked the suspension to be a tiny bit taller, improved the quickshifter and revised the engine mapping to make the first few gears smoother.
Review In A Few
- Fantastic electronic suspension
- Sheer acceleration
- Torque and power
- Destroys tyres too quickly
- Several recalls already
- Can get hot in traffic
- Expensive new
Launch RRP: £23,900
Capacity: 1,103 cc (high)
Power: 211 bhp / 157 kW (very high)
Red Line: 14,500 rpm (very high)
Top Speed: 200 mph / 322 km/h (very high)
Economy: 35 mpg / 8.1 L/100km (poor)
Range: 120 miles / 193 km (average)
Fuel Capacity: 16.0 litres / 3.5 gallons (high)
Seat Height: 830 mm / 32.7 inches (average)
Wet Weight: 195 kg / 430 pounds (average)
Dry Weight: 174 kg / 384 pounds
Power to Weight: 1.082 bhp/kg / 0.807 kW/kg
- Ducati Streetfighter V4 S
- Ducati Superbike Panigale V4 R
- Ducati Superbike Panigale V4 S 25 Anniversario 916
- Ducati Superbike Panigale V4 Speciale
- Ducati Superbike Panigale V4
Sell Your Bike
Simply pop in the reg number to get an instant online valuation from WeBuyAnyBike.com:
Popularity & How Many Left