Ducati Panigale V4 For Sale
Insurance Costs: 10 of 10
Current Prices: £17,850–£14,300
What Is It?
The Ducati Panigale V4 is a premium sports bike and is powered by a liquid cooled 1,103cc 90° V4 Desmosedici Stradale engine with MotoGP style counter-rotating crank, producing 211.2 bhp at 13,000 rpm and maximum torque at 10,000 rpm.
- Aluminium frame and swingarm, Magnesium sub frame
- Dual 330 mm discs up front with Brembo M4.30 four piston calipers
- 245 mm disc at the rear with Brembo two piston caliper
- Bosch 9.1MP Evo cornering ABS
- Adjustable 43 mm Showa BPF fork with 120 mm travel
- Adjustable Sachs rear shock with 130 mm travel
- Sachs steering damper
- Auto cancelling indicators
- Ride modes: Street, Sport, Race
- Slide control, wheelie control, engine brake control, launch control
- Auto tyre pressure calibration
- 5" colour TFT dash, LED lighting all round
- 4->2->1->2 exhaust system
- Assist and slipper clutch
- Lean angle aware up / down quickshifter
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
Compared to the 1299 Panigale it's down in capacity by 182 cc but up 6 bhp in power, red lines 3,000 rpm higher and weighs 8 kg more. The new V4 engine is only 2.2 kg heavier than the V-Twin in the 1299 but the new bike breaks ground by using the engine as part of the front frame to save weight and makes use of lighter Brembo calipers.
Controlled drift while braking is a new feature of the Bosch IMU system, which is basically cornering ABS on only the front wheel. The 5-spoke 17" wheels take a Pirelli Diablo Supercorsa SP 120/70 tyre at the front and huge 200/60 at the rear.
Accessories include the GPS/data logger and multimedia system.
- Colours: Red
The middle of the range £23,000 V4 S is 3 kg lighter and gets you the lighter Lithium battery, Marchesini forged wheels, Ohlins electrically adjustable suspension and Ohlins steering damper.
2020: Ducati bought over a few bits from the V4 R. Specifically the wings and cooling gills, the lighter front frame and the Evo 2 traction control. They also tweaked the suspension to be a tiny bit taller, improved the quickshifter and revised the engine mapping to make the first few gears smoother.
- Expensive to buy and run
- Eats tyres
- Can get hot in traffic
Capacity: 1,103 cc (high)
Power: 211 bhp / 157 kW (very high)
Red Line: 14,500 rpm (very high)
Top Speed: 200 mph / 322 km/h (very high)
Economy: 35 mpg / 8.1 L/100km (poor)
Range: 120 miles / 193 km (average)
Fuel Capacity: 16.0 litres / 3.5 gallons (high)
Seat Height: 830 mm / 32.7 inches (average)
Wet Weight: 198 kg / 437 pounds (average)
Dry Weight: 175 kg / 386 pounds
Launch RRP: £19,250
Something wrong? Let us know.
Create An Alert
Pop in your email address and we can send you weekly updates with adverts like this:
- It's super easy to cancel it with just one click.
- Your email will only be used for these alerts.
- You can have one active alert at any one time.
- The alert will time out after 30 days.
Sell Your Bike
Pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation from WeWantYourMotorbike and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours:
Popularity & How Many Left
|Year||On The Road||Off The Road||Total||For Sale|
|2018||119||-||119||33 / month|
|2019||Data coming soon...||59 / month|