Yamaha YZF-R1M For Sale
What Is It?
The Yamaha YZF-R1M is a top of the line dedicated sports bike which builds on the standard R1 with semi-active suspension and lots of Carbon bits. It's powered by a Euro 5 compliant liquid cooled 998 cc inline four engine, producing 197.3 bhp at 13,500 rpm and maximum torque at 11,500 rpm.
- Magnesium sub-frame
- Aluminium frame, swingarm and tank
- Dual 320 mm discs up front with four piston calipers
- 220 mm disc at the rear with Nissin single piston caliper
- 2-level cornering ABS plus linked brakes
- Adjustable 43 mm Ohlins NPX fork with 120 mm travel
- Adjustable Ohlins TTX36 shock with 120 mm travel
- Launch control, slide control, wheelie control
- Traction control, slipper clutch
- 3-level engine braking
- 2-level up / down quickshifter
- Speed sensitive steering damper
- Four ride modes, TFT dash
- LED lighting all round
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
- 4->2->1 exhaust system
It builds on the £16,800 standard R1 with semi-active Ohlins electronic suspension (ERS), a new NPX fork, new Carbon front fender and tail cowl, Carbon fairing, wider rear tyre and a range of apps to set custom ride modes, track all the data from the bike and to display a re-run of the race on Google Maps. As before it's a limited production run with the number stamped on top of the tank.
Compared to the 2015-2019 model there's an upgraded chassis, fuelling tweaks, a sharper new front end with new light layout, new side fairings, a smoother tank, 5% improvement in aerodynamics, new lighter Titanium lower fairing, new multi level ABS and EBC systems, more rigid airbox design, new lighter throttle sensor, suspension / steering damper tweaks, updated tyres, updated launch control, better brake pads, new tail light design and some exhaust tweaks to further reduce noise and emissions.
The 10-spoke 17" wheels take a Bridgestone Battlax RS11 120/70 tyre at the front and a 200/55 at the rear.
Accessories include a range of Akrapovic exhaust systems, sprint screen and pillion seat cover.
- 2020: Black/blue
Review In A Few
- Fast, loads of power, handling, excellent dash, even more rider aids
- Hard seat, aggressive riding position, heavy on the fuel
Capacity: 998 cc (high)
Power: 197 bhp / 147 kW (very high)
Red Line: 14,000 rpm (very high)
Top Speed: 185 mph / 298 km/h (very high)
Economy: 35 mpg / 8.1 L/100km (poor)
Range: 130 miles / 209 km (average)
Fuel Capacity: 17.0 litres / 3.7 gallons (high)
Seat Height: 860 mm / 33.9 inches (average)
Wet Weight: 200 kg / 441 pounds (average)
Dry Weight: 179 kg / 395 pounds
Power to Weight Ratio: 0.985 bhp/kg / 0.735 kW/kg
Check out this video from 44Teeth.
Something wrong? Let us know.
Create An Alert
Pop in your email address for updates when we see new similar adverts for sale:
- It's super easy to cancel it with just one click.
- Your email will only be used for these alerts.
- You can have one active alert at any one time.
- The alert will time out after 30 days.
Sell Your Bike
Pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation from WeWantYourMotorbike and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours: