Yamaha YZF-R1M Bikes For Sale
- Seat Height: Average (860 mm / 33.9 inches)
- Weight: Average (200 kg / 441 lbs)
- Fuel Capacity: High (17.0 litres / 4.5 US gallons)
- Economy: Poor (35 mpg / 8.1 l/100km / 12.4 km/l)
- Range: Average (130 miles / 209 km)
- Top Speed: Very High (185 mph / 298 km/h)
- Capacity: High (998 cc)
- Power: Very High (197 bhp / 147 kW)
- Power to Weight: Very High (0.985 bhp/kg / 0.735 kW/kg)
- Redline: Very High (14,000 rpm)
- Road Tax / VED: Very High (£101 Per Year)
- Launch RRP: £22,000
For Sale (6)
Sell Your Bike
Gear & Accessories
Review In A Few
Check out this video from 44Teeth.
What Is It?
The Yamaha YZF-R1M is a top of the line dedicated sports bike which builds on the standard R1 with semi-active suspension and lots of Carbon bits. It's powered by a Euro 5 compliant liquid cooled 998 cc inline four engine, producing 197.3 bhp at 13,500 rpm and maximum torque at 11,500 rpm.
- Magnesium sub-frame
- Aluminium frame, swingarm and tank
- Dual 320 mm discs up front with four piston calipers
- 220 mm disc at the rear with Nissin single piston caliper
- 2-level cornering ABS plus linked brakes
- Adjustable 43 mm Ohlins NPX fork with 120 mm travel
- Adjustable Ohlins TTX36 shock with 120 mm travel
- Launch control, slide control, wheelie control
- Traction control, slipper clutch
- 3-level engine braking
- 2-level up / down quickshifter
- Speed sensitive steering damper
- Four ride modes
- TFT dash
- LED lighting all round
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
- 4->2->1 exhaust system
It builds on the £16,800 standard R1 with semi-active Ohlins electronic suspension (ERS), a new NPX fork, new Carbon front fender and tail cowl, Carbon fairing, wider rear tyre and a range of apps to set custom ride modes, track all the data from the bike and to display a re-run of the race on Google Maps. As before it's a limited production run with the number stamped on top of the tank.
Compared to the 2015-2019 model there's an upgraded chassis, fuelling tweaks, a sharper new front end with new light layout, new side fairings, a smoother tank, 5% improvement in aerodynamics, new lighter Titanium lower fairing, new multi level ABS and EBC systems, more rigid airbox design, new lighter throttle sensor, suspension / steering damper tweaks, updated tyres, updated launch control, better brake pads, new tail light design and some exhaust tweaks to further reduce noise and emissions.
The 10-spoke 17" wheels take a Bridgestone Battlax RS11 120/70 tyre at the front and a 200/55 at the rear.
Accessories include a range of Akrapovic exhaust systems, sprint screen and pillion seat cover.
- 2020-2022: Black/blue