Yamaha YZF-R1M For Sale
Insurance Costs: 10 of 10
Current Prices: £18,300–£11,900
What Is It?
The Yamaha YZF-R1M is a top of the line sports bike and is powered by a liquid cooled 998 cc inline four cylinder engine, producing 197.3 bhp at 13,500 rpm and maximum torque at 11,500 rpm.
- Magnesium sub-frame
- Aluminium frame / swingarm / tank
- Dual 320 mm discs up front with four piston calipers
- 220 mm disc at the rear with single piston caliper
- Linked brakes, cornering ABS, traction control
- Adjustable 43 mm Ohlins fork with 120 mm travel
- Adjustable Ohlins rear shock with 120 mm travel
- Launch control, slide control, anti-wheelie
- Speed sensitive steering damper
- LED lighting, TFT dash, 4 ride modes
- Slipper clutch, quickshifter
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
- 4->2->1 exhaust system
The R1M is a limited edition model based on the R1 with Carbon Fibre bodywork, Magnesium wheels, the IMU powered data logger and Ohlins electronic semi-active racing suspension.
It's so limited that you have to sign up on a special website before a dealer will even talk to you about it. The 10-spoke 17" wheels take a 120/70 tyre at the front and 200/55 at the rear.
Accessories include a variety of screens (£129), chain guard (£62), billet levers / pegs / covers, racing stands, Akrapovic Full System Evolution exhaust (£2,384) and Akrapovic Titanium muffler (£750).
- 2015-2017: Silver/black/blue
- 2018: Black/silver/blue (lots more black)
2018: New Ohlins Smart EC 2.0 ERS semi-active suspension (NIX30 EC fork + TTX36 EC shock), grippier Bridgestone Battlax RS10 tyres, new quickshifter with downshifts and smooth / fast settings, improved anti-wheelie system.
Capacity: 998 cc (high)
Power: 197 bhp / 147 kW (very high)
Red Line: 14,500 rpm (very high)
Top Speed: 185 mph / 298 km/h (very high)
Economy: 35 mpg / 8.1 L/100km (poor)
Range: 130 miles / 209 km (average)
Fuel Capacity: 17.0 litres / 3.7 gallons (high)
Seat Height: 860 mm / 33.9 inches (average)
Wet Weight: 200 kg / 441 pounds (average)
Dry Weight: 180 kg / 397 pounds
Launch RRP: £18,750
Check out this video review of the 2018 update from 44Teeth.
Something wrong? Let us know.
Create An Alert
Pop in your email address for updates when we see new similar adverts for sale:
- It's super easy to cancel it with just one click.
- Your email will only be used for these alerts.
- You can have one active alert at any one time.
- The alert will time out after 30 days.
Sell Your Bike
Pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation from WeWantYourMotorbike and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours:
Popularity & How Many Left
|Year||On The Road||Off The Road||Total||For Sale|
|2015||35||37||72||25 / month|
|2016||119||90||209||200 / month|
|2017||78||44||122||120 / month|
|2018||80||-||80||55 / month|
|2019||Data coming soon...||100 / month|