Ducati 1299 Panigale S For Sale
The Ducati 1299 Panigale S is a premium sports bike and effectively a WSBK racing bike for the road. It's powered by a 1,285cc V-Twin engine which puts out an impressive 205bhp. The base model Panigale does without the Ohlins suspension and forged wheels.
- Power, handling, light weight, nimble
- It's a work of art, quality finish
- Can get hot at slow speeds
The 1299S is powered by the same Euro 3 compliant big bore 1285cc Superquadro V-Twin engine as the standard 1299. It's liquid cooled, has 4 actuated valves per cylinder, delivers 205bhp at 10,500rpm and is a stressed member of the chassis like the 1199.
- Monocoque aluminium frame
- 6 speed transmission with Ducati Quick Shifter (DQS)
- 2 into 1 into 2 exhaust system with stainless steel mufflers
- Fully adjustable Ohlins NIX30 43mm fork with 120mm travel
- Fully adjustable Ohlins TTX36 rear shock with 130mm travel
- Dual 330mm discs up front with radially mounted Brembo monobloc M50 2 piston calipers
- 245mm disc at the rear with Brembo single piston caliper
- Slipper clutch
- TFT console
- Pirelli's Diablo Supercorsa SP tyres
- Tri-W forged Aluminium wheels in black
The underside of the fuel tank forms the top of the air box to save weight and the power to weight ratio is class leading. The electronic package includes three riding modes, traction control, cornering ABS, data logger and auto tyre calibration. There is also Ducati Wheelie Control (DWC) and event based Ohlins suspension, which both adapt to the selected riding mode (Wet, Sport, Race).
Ducati revised the swingarm pivot from the 1199 to give better tyre grip while also tweaking the headstock rake for better cornering. The 1299S also gets ultra light Marchesini forged wheels, carbon front mudguard and full LED headlights, alongside the fancy Ohlins suspension.
Parts & Accessories
If we've missed something vital or got something laughably wrong about this model please let us know and we will love you forever.
Sell Your Bike
Sell your bike with WeWantYourMotorbike today. Just pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours - easy peasy.
Bikes for Sale (6)
£15,495 eBay, 12th December
£14,980 eBay, 12th December
NATIONWIDE DELIVERY, LOW RATE FINANCE/PCP AND PART EX
£16,995 eBay, 12th December
Well I have owned the 1299 S since 2015 and I love the bike for a lot of reasons. The initial impact every time I walk in the garage cannot be outdone by any other bike as far as I am aware. I have had the usual GSXR, Fireblade, etc and even my RSV4 Factory APRC was special but not compared to the Ducati.
It can be uncomfortable and hot at slow speeds, you do have to slip the clutch sometimes in 1st and 2nd gear but at the end of the day it is the equivalent of a WSBK on the road.
The only thing that has gone wrong with mine is the dashboard blew a line of LED. Still fully usable but not 100% so Ducati changed it no problem.
- It rides like nothing else, mega power, handling, so light and nimble
- It sounds beautiful all at the same time
- I have the Akrapovic end cans which do help but it sounds good as standard
Bits I Have Changed
- Tail tidy
- R&G radiator guards
- Clear clutch cover
- Throttle spacers
- Grip/protection for the knees
- Lee B, 2018
Check out this quick review from Visor Down: