Ducati 1299 Superleggera For Sale
What Is It?
The Ducati 1299 Superleggera is a premium track focused sports bike and is powered by a Euro 4 compliant liquid cooled 1,285 cc V-Twin Desmodromic engine, producing 215 bhp at 11,000 rpm and maximum torque at 9,000 rpm.
- Carbon Fibre monocoque frame and single-sided swingarm
- Dual 330 mm discs up front with Brembo Evo M50 four piston calipers
- 245 mm disc at the rear with Brembo single piston caliper
- Brembo MCS 19.21 adjustable master cylinder
- Bosch cornering ABS
- Adjustable 43 mm Ohlins FL936 upside down fork with 120 mm travel
- Adjustable Ohlins TTX36 shock with Titanium spring and 130 mm travel
- Akrapovic Titanium 2->1->2 exhaust system
- Colour TFT dash
- Slipper clutch
- Ride modes
- Power modes
- 3-level traction control
- Slide control
- Launch control
- Wheelie control
- Engine braking control
- Data logger with GPS
- Adjustable levers
- Up / down quickshifter
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
Ducati have thrown everything at this bike to save weight including making the frame, swingarm, fairing and wheels from Carbon Fibre, however only 500 will be built and they were already sold out at launch.
Each bike has a production number on the top yoke and they should make an interesting investment prospect if any do pop up for sale again.
So many stressed Carbon bits might sound fragile but Ducati has subjected each of them to three different quality control procedures including ultrasonic pulses and 3D X-ray. Compared to the 1299 Panigale the frame is 40% lighter and the swingarm 18%. Even the engine is a bit lighter as well despite putting out 10 bhp more.
The 10-spoke 17" Carbon Fibre wheels take a Pirelli Diablo Supercorsa SP 120/70 tyre at the front and a 200/55 at the rear.
It also includes a full a track kit with Titanium racing exhaust, race screen, machined mirror block off plates, side stand removal, paddock stands, bike cover and licence plate plug.
Did You Know?
Superleggera means super light in Italian.
Review In A Few
- None of the weight
- All of the power
- Ouch, that price!
Capacity: 1,285 cc (very high)
Power: 215 bhp / 160 kW (very high)
Red Line: 11,500 rpm (high)
Top Speed: 190 mph / 306 km/h (very high)
Economy: 30 mpg / 9.4 L/100km (poor)
Range: 110 miles / 177 km (average)
Fuel Capacity: 17.0 litres / 3.7 gallons (high)
Seat Height: 830 mm / 32.7 inches (average)
Wet Weight: 167 kg / 368 pounds (average)
Dry Weight: 156 kg / 344 pounds
Power to Weight: 1.287 bhp/kg / 0.960 kW/kg
Check out this video review from 44Teeth.
Create An Alert
Pop in your email address for updates when we see new similar adverts for sale:
- It's super easy to cancel it with just one click.
- Your email will only be used for these alerts.
- You can have one active alert at any one time.
- The alert will time out after 30 days.
Bikes for Sale (0)
We haven't seen any for sale today. Set up an alert and we will let you know when we see one.
Popularity & How Many Left