Ducati Superbike 1198 Panigale R
It's powered by a Euro 3 compliant liquid cooled 1,198cc Superquadro V-Twin engine, producing 202.2bhp at 11,500rpm and maximum torque at 10,250rpm. RRP is £29,000.
- Aluminium frame and single-sided swingarm
- Dual 330mm discs up front with Brembo M50 2 piston calipers
- 245mm disc at the rear with Brembo single piston caliper
- Bosch 9.1MP cornering ABS system
- Adjustable 43mm Ohlins NIX30 upside down fork with 120mm travel
- Adjustable Ohlins TTX36 shock with 130mm travel
- Quickshifter, slipper clutch, steering damper
- 8 level traction control, wheelie control and 3 level engine brake control
- 3 riding modes, GPS data logger with lean angle
- Colour TFT dash with 3 display modes linked to riding modes
- 2->1->2 Titanium/Carbon exhaust system
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
The Panigale R is Ducati's homologated race bike for 2015 and exists purely for that reason. Unlike the other big Panigale models it uses a smaller 1,198cc engine to meet World Superbike displacement limits and features Titanium conrods/exhaust valves, elliptical throttle bodies, 4 point adjustable swingarm pivot, 2.5kg lighter Akrapovic full Titanium exhaust and 2kg lighter Lithium-ion battery.
Basically it's a road-legal race bike based on the 1299 Panigale S but with a 5mm longer wheelbase, non-electrically adjustable suspension and no pillion seat/pegs. Ducati even opted for a non-LED headlight to shave another 0.5kg off the weight and included loads of Carbon bits with the same aim.
The WSB race bike itself has an Ohlins RSP25 fork, RSP40 shock, longer swingarm, lighter Aluminium wheels, 24 litres of fuel and slightly different Brembos.
The forged 3-spoke 17" wheels take a Pirelli Diablo Supercorsa SP 120/70 tyre at the front and 200/55 at the rear.
We want to hear about your bike or scooter and the story behind it. Why you bought it, what's good, what's bad and what you have changed over the years: email@example.com
Also if we've missed something vital or got something laughably wrong about this model please let us know and we will love you forever.
Prices Updated: 12th December 2017
Finance your next bike with Superbike Loans, the UK's number one bike finance specialist. Get a decision within one hour.
Value Your Bike
Get a full valuation from We Want Your Motorbike today. Just pop in your reg number and a few bike details, get the valuation and they'll pay for your bike within 24 hours - easy peasy.
Insurance groups vary widely by insurer with anywhere from 17 to 65 groups but our simple scale gives you a rough idea of how wallet busting it's likely to be. How to save on insurance.
Insurance Group: 10 of 10
We want to hear about your bike or scooter and the story behind it. Why you bought it, what's good, what's bad and what you have changed over the years. Tell us about it in 2017 and you could win £500!
Check out this review from OiDirk:
How many bikes like this are around, by year of production, including those licensed for use on the road and those off the road with a Statutory Off Road Notification (SORN).
|Year||On The Road||Off The Road||Total Around|