Ducati 1198 Panigale R For Sale
The 2015 Ducati 1198 Panigale R is a premium track focused sports bike is powered by a 1,198cc V-Twin engine which puts out 202bhp.
What Is It?
It's powered by a Euro 3 compliant liquid cooled 1,198cc Superquadro V-Twin engine, producing 202.2bhp at 11,500rpm and maximum torque at 10,250rpm.
- Aluminium frame and single-sided swingarm
- Dual 330mm discs up front with Brembo M50 2 piston calipers
- 245mm disc at the rear with Brembo single piston caliper
- Bosch 9.1MP cornering ABS system
- Adjustable 43mm Ohlins NIX30 upside down fork with 120mm travel
- Adjustable Ohlins TTX36 shock with 130mm travel
- Quickshifter, slipper clutch, steering damper
- 8 level traction control, wheelie control and 3 level engine brake control
- 3 riding modes, GPS data logger with lean angle
- Colour TFT dash with 3 display modes linked to riding modes
- 2->1->2 Titanium/Carbon exhaust system
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
The Panigale R is Ducati's homologated race bike for 2015 and exists purely for that reason. Unlike the other big Panigale models it uses a smaller 1,198cc engine to meet World Superbike displacement limits and features Titanium conrods/exhaust valves, elliptical throttle bodies, 4 point adjustable swingarm pivot, 2.5kg lighter Akrapovic full Titanium exhaust and 2kg lighter Lithium-ion battery.
Basically it's a road-legal race bike based on the 1299 Panigale S but with a 5mm longer wheelbase, non-electrically adjustable suspension and no pillion seat/pegs. Ducati even opted for a non-LED headlight to shave another 0.5kg off the weight and included loads of Carbon bits with the same aim.
The WSB race bike itself has an Ohlins RSP25 fork, RSP40 shock, longer swingarm, lighter Aluminium wheels, 24 litres of fuel and slightly different Brembos.
The forged 3-spoke 17" wheels take a Pirelli Diablo Supercorsa SP 120/70 tyre at the front and 200/55 at the rear.
Something wrong? Let us know.
Bikes for Sale (1)
Sell Your Bike
Sell your bike with WeWantYourMotorbike today. Just pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours - easy peasy.
We work out the price guide ourselves, independent from any other organisation, so you can easily get a rough valuation or an idea of what it's worth.
|Use the code thebikemarket at the checkout for a cheeky little discount!|
We thoroughly recommend Petrolhead Detailing for all your cleaning, detailing and paint correction needs. They really know their stuff!