Ducati 1198 Panigale R For Sale
What Is It?
The Ducati 1198 Panigale R is a premium track focused sports bike is powered by a Euro 3 compliant liquid cooled 1,198 cc Superquadro V-Twin engine, producing 202.2 bhp at 11,500 rpm and maximum torque at 10,250 rpm.
- Aluminium frame and single-sided swingarm
- Dual 330 mm discs up front with Brembo M50 four piston calipers
- 245 mm disc at the rear with Brembo two piston caliper
- Bosch 9.1MP cornering ABS system
- Adjustable 43 mm Ohlins NIX30 upside down fork with 120 mm travel
- Adjustable Ohlins TTX36 shock with 130 mm travel
- Slipper clutch
- Steering damper
- 8 level traction control
- Wheelie control
- 3 level engine brake control
- 3 riding modes
- GPS data logger with lean angle
- Colour TFT dash with 3 display modes linked to riding modes
- 2->1->2 Titanium / Carbon exhaust system
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
The Panigale R is Ducati's homologated race bike for 2015 and exists purely for that reason. Unlike the other big Panigale models it uses a smaller 1,198 cc engine to meet World Superbike displacement limits and features Titanium con rods / exhaust valves, elliptical throttle bodies, 4 point adjustable swingarm pivot, 2.5 kg lighter Akrapovic full Titanium exhaust and a 2 kg lighter Lithium-ion battery.
Basically it's a road-legal race bike based on the 1299 Panigale S but with a 5 mm longer wheelbase, non-electrically adjustable suspension and no pillion seat / pegs. Ducati even opted for a non-LED headlight to shave another 0.5 kg off the weight and included loads of Carbon bits with the same aim.
The forged 3-spoke 17" wheels take a Pirelli Diablo Supercorsa SP 120/70 tyre at the front and a 200/55 at the rear.
Colours: RedDid You Know?
The WSB race bike itself has an Ohlins RSP25 fork, RSP40 shock, longer swingarm, lighter Aluminium wheels, 24 litres of fuel and slightly different Brembos.
Launch RRP: £29,000
Capacity: 1,198 cc (very high)
Power: 202 bhp / 151 kW (very high)
Red Line: 12,000 rpm (high)
Top Speed: 200 mph / 322 km/h (very high)
Economy: 30 mpg / 9.4 L/100km (poor)
Range: 110 miles / 177 km (average)
Fuel Capacity: 17.0 litres / 3.7 gallons (high)
Seat Height: 830 mm / 32.7 inches (average)
Wet Weight: 184 kg / 406 pounds (average)
Dry Weight: 162 kg / 357 pounds
Power to Weight: 1.098 bhp/kg / 0.819 kW/kg
Road Tax (VED): £96 / Year (Very High)
Check out this video review from OiDirk.
Bikes For Sale (2)
Sell Your Bike
Simply pop in the reg number to get a same day valuation from We Want Your Motorbike:
Parts & Accessories
Popularity & How Many Left