Ducati 1198 Panigale R For Sale
What Is It?
The Ducati 1198 Panigale R is a premium track focused sports bike is powered by a Euro 3 compliant liquid cooled 1,198 cc Superquadro V-Twin engine, producing 202.2 bhp at 11,500 rpm and maximum torque at 10,250 rpm.
- Aluminium frame and single-sided swingarm
- Dual 330 mm discs up front with Brembo M50 four piston calipers
- 245 mm disc at the rear with Brembo two piston caliper
- Bosch 9.1MP cornering ABS system
- Adjustable 43 mm Ohlins NIX30 upside down fork with 120 mm travel
- Adjustable Ohlins TTX36 shock with 130 mm travel
- Slipper clutch
- Steering damper
- 8 level traction control
- Wheelie control
- 3 level engine brake control
- 3 riding modes
- GPS data logger with lean angle
- Colour TFT dash with 3 display modes linked to riding modes
- 2->1->2 Titanium / Carbon exhaust system
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
The Panigale R is Ducati's homologated race bike for 2015 and exists purely for that reason. Unlike the other big Panigale models it uses a smaller 1,198 cc engine to meet World Superbike displacement limits and features Titanium con rods / exhaust valves, elliptical throttle bodies, 4 point adjustable swingarm pivot, 2.5 kg lighter Akrapovic full Titanium exhaust and a 2 kg lighter Lithium-ion battery.
Basically it's a road-legal race bike based on the 1299 Panigale S but with a 5 mm longer wheelbase, non-electrically adjustable suspension and no pillion seat / pegs. Ducati even opted for a non-LED headlight to shave another 0.5 kg off the weight and included loads of Carbon bits with the same aim.
The forged 3-spoke 17" wheels take a Pirelli Diablo Supercorsa SP 120/70 tyre at the front and a 200/55 at the rear.
Did You Know?
The WSB race bike itself has an Ohlins RSP25 fork, RSP40 shock, longer swingarm, lighter Aluminium wheels, 24 litres of fuel and slightly different Brembos.
Launch RRP: £29,000
Capacity: 1,198 cc (very high)
Power: 202 bhp / 151 kW (very high)
Red Line: 12,000 rpm (high)
Top Speed: 200 mph / 322 km/h (very high)
Economy: 30 mpg / 9.4 L/100km (poor)
Range: 110 miles / 177 km (average)
Fuel Capacity: 17.0 litres / 3.7 gallons (high)
Seat Height: 830 mm / 32.7 inches (average)
Wet Weight: 184 kg / 406 pounds (average)
Dry Weight: 162 kg / 357 pounds
Power to Weight: 1.098 bhp/kg / 0.819 kW/kg
Check out this video review from OiDirk.
Create An Alert
Pop in your email address for updates when we see new similar adverts for sale:
- It's super easy to cancel it with just one click.
- Your email will only be used for these alerts.
- You can have one active alert at any one time.
- The alert will time out after 30 days.
Bikes for Sale (0)
We haven't seen any for sale today. Set up an alert and we will let you know when we see one.
Sell Your Bike
Pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation from WeWantYourMotorbike and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours:
Popularity & How Many Left