Ducati 1299 Panigale For Sale
Insurance Costs: 10 of 10
Current Prices: £13,700–£9,900
What Is It?
The Ducati 1299 Panigale is a premium sports bike and effectively a WSBK racing bike for the road. It's powered by a Euro 3 compliant liquid cooled 1,285 cc Superquadro V-Twin engine, producing 205 bhp at 10,500 rpm and maximum torque at 8,750 rpm.
- Aluminium frame and single sided swingarm
- Dual 330 mm discs up front with Brembo M50 four piston calipers
- 245 mm disc at the rear with Brembo two piston caliper
- Bosch cornering ABS
- Adjustable Marzocchi 50 mm fork with 120 mm travel
- Adjustable Sachs rear shock with 130 mm travel
- Slipper clutch, quickshifter
- 2->1->2 exhaust system
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
- TFT dash
Compared to the 1199 Panigale there's an 87 cc larger engine, 10 bhp more power, cornering ABS, a quickshifter, improved pegs and a 20 mm taller screen but it's 2 kg heavier. The electronics package includes ride modes, power modes, traction control, wheelie control, a data logger and auto tyre calibration.
The underside of the fuel tank forms the top of the air box to save weight and the power to weight ratio is class leading. The 6-spoke 17" wheels take a Pirelli Diablo Supercorsa SP 120/70 tyre at the front and 200/55 at the rear.
Accessories include the Akrapovic exhaust, comfort seat and alarm.
The £20,800 1299 S adds ultra light Marchesini forged wheels, a Carbon front mudguard, full LED headlight and the fancy Ohlins semi-active electronic suspension.
Review In A Few
- Stylish, fast, electronics package, quality finish
- Thirsty, can get hot at slow speeds
Capacity: 1,285 cc (very high)
Power: 205 bhp / 153 kW (very high)
Red Line: 11,500 rpm (high)
Top Speed: 178 mph / 286 km/h (very high)
Economy: 30 mpg / 9.4 L/100km (poor)
Range: 110 miles / 177 km (average)
Fuel Capacity: 17.0 litres / 3.7 gallons (high)
Seat Height: 830 mm / 32.7 inches (average)
Wet Weight: 190 kg / 419 pounds (average)
Dry Weight: 166 kg / 366 pounds
Launch RRP: £16,700
Check out this video test versus the Yamaha R1 from 44Teeth.
Something wrong? Let us know.
Create An Alert
Pop in your email address for updates when we see new similar adverts for sale:
- It's super easy to cancel it with just one click.
- Your email will only be used for these alerts.
- You can have one active alert at any one time.
- The alert will time out after 30 days.
Sell Your Bike
Pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation from WeWantYourMotorbike and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours:
Popularity & How Many Left
|Year||On The Road||Off The Road||Total||For Sale|
|2015||116||46||162||88 / month|
|2016||114||34||148||240 / month|
|2017||55||17||72||44 / month|