BMW S1000RR Bikes For Sale
- Seat Height: Average (815 mm / 32.1 inches)
- Weight: Heavy (204 kg / 450 lbs)
- Fuel Capacity: High (17.5 litres / 4.6 US gallons)
- Economy: Average (40 mpg / 7.1 l/100km / 14.2 km/l)
- Range: Average (150 miles / 241 km)
- Top Speed: Very High (185 mph / 298 km/h)
- Capacity: High (999 cc)
- Power: Very High (196 bhp / 146 kW)
- Power to Weight: Very High (0.961 bhp/kg / 0.716 kW/kg)
- Redline: Very High (14,200 rpm)
- Road Tax / VED: Very High (£101 Per Year)
- Launch RRP: £13,760
For Sale (23)
Sell Your Bike
Price Guide & Used Prices
Gear & Accessories
Review In A Few
Check out this video review from TheMissendenFlyer.
What Is It?
The BMW S1000RR is a premium sports bike and is powered by a liquid cooled 999 cc inline four engine which puts out 195.8 bhp at 13,500 rpm and maximum torque at 10,500 rpm.
- Aluminium frame and swingarm
- Dual 320 mm discs up front with Brembo four piston radial calipers
- 220 mm disc at the rear with Brembo single piston caliper
- BMW ABS system with off mode
- Adjustable Sachs 46 mm fork with 120 mm travel
- Adjustable Sachs 43 mm rear shock with 120 mm travel
- Ride modes: Rain, Sport, Race
- Traction control (ASC)
- 4->2->1 exhaust system
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
The 2015 S1000RR is an entirely new bike with numerous improvements contributing to a 4 kg weight loss including a lighter battery, 0.5 kg lighter frame and lighter valves. There is also a new ride by wire system, larger airbox, slightly more power and new 3 kg lighter exhaust system.
You can tell the 2015 model from the 2012-2014 model by the larger of the asymmetric headlights now being on the left of the bike and the usual design tweaks to the gills on the side fairing. The 10-spoke 17" wheels take a 120/70 tyre at the front and 190/55 at the rear.
Accessories include heated grips, cruise control, quickshifter, semi-active electronic suspension, lean angle aware traction control (DTC), forged wheels, Akrapovic exhaust, Carbon bits, LED indicators, comfort seat, Slick / Custom ride modes, launch control and pit lane limiter.
The £14,760 Sport edition adds the quickshifter, active suspension, Slick / Custom modes and tasty pinstripe wheels.
- 2015-2016: Black, red/white (£130), red/black (£130), blue/white/red racing (£385)
- 2017-2018: Grey/black (new), red/white/blue, white/red (reversed)
Model History & Updates
2017: Euro 4 compliant, DTC is standard and solo seat is the default option.
2018: Options now include 2 kg lighter Lithium battery with protection from discharge / overcharge / overheat.
Popularity & How Many Left