BMW S1000RR For Sale
The 2015 BMW S1000RR is a premium sports bike and is powered by a 999cc inline four engine which puts out 196bhp. It was first released in 2010 with updates in 2012 and 2019.
What Is It?
- Power, style, capability
- Lacks LED lighting
It's powered by a liquid cooled 999cc inline four engine which puts out 195.8bhp at 13,500rpm and maximum torque at 10,500rpm.
- Aluminium twin spar frame and swingarm
- Dual 320mm discs up front with Brembo 2 piston radial calipers
- 220mm disc at the rear with Brembo single piston caliper
- BMW ABS system with off mode
- Adjustable Sachs 46mm fork with 120mm travel
- Adjustable Sachs 43mm rear shock with 120mm travel
- 3-5 power modes: rain, sport, race, slick (Sport), custom (Sport)
- Traction control (ASC)
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
The 2015 S1000RR is an entirely new bike with numerous improvements contributing to a 4kg weight loss including a lighter battery, 500g lighter Aluminium frame and lighter valves. There is also a new ride by wire system, larger airbox, slightly more power and new 3kg lighter exhaust system.
You can tell the 2015 model from the 2012-2014 model by the larger of the asymmetric headlights now being on the left of the bike (looking from the front) and the usual design tweaks to the gills on the side fairing. The 10-spoke 17" wheels take a 120/70 tyre at the front and 190/55 at the rear.
Accessories include heated grips, cruise control, quickshifter, electronically adjustable suspension (DDC), lean angle aware traction control (DTC), forged wheels, Akrapovic exhaust, Carbon bits, LED indicators, comfort seat and two additional ride modes plus launch control/pit lane limiter.
- 2015-2016: Black, red/white (£130), red/black (£130), blue/white/red racing (£385)
- 2017-2018: Grey/black (new), red/white/blue, white/red (reversed)
The S1000RR Sport adds Dynamic Damping Control (DDC), Gearshift Assist, the two additional riding modes and tasty pinstripe wheels for £14,760.
2017: Now Euro 4 compliant, DTC is standard and single seat as standard (dual seat a free option).
2018: Options now include 2kg lighter Litium-Ion battery with protection from discharge/overcharge/overheat.
Did You Know?
DDC is what made the old S1000RR HP4 so desirable.
Something wrong? Let us know.
Bikes for Sale (28)
- 1 of 10
Sell Your Bike
Sell your bike with WeWantYourMotorbike today. Just pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours - easy peasy.
Parts & Accessories
Cleaning & Detailing
We thoroughly recommend Petrolhead Detailing for all your cleaning, detailing and paint correction needs. They really know their stuff!
Check out this review from TheMissendenFlyer: